Guest viewing is limited

THR Made it...

Happy Monday to you!
Yay! @Tboom gets a new hip today :happydance:I'm excited for you....soon to be double hippie.
Give us a thumbs up :thumb: when you're able.
We'll be here and would love to follow your recovery.
A flower just for you! :flwrysmile:
 
Out of surgery, hours ago. I'm in my room with this horrible abduction pillow between my legs. This hip seems to hurt more than my last one but I can handle it. Been up to bathroom twice now. That horrible bone on bone pain is all gone Thank you JESUS. Gotta rest. Already have the ice working. More later.
 
Thanks for posting - now try to get some rest! The sleep deprivation makes us forget what the first few days were like, but it will get better. Make sure you get the meds sorted out to get the pain under control. Heck, what am I saying - you've done this before and know just what you need to do! Take care!
 
Hi @Tboom
I second the Thank You Jesus! So happy for you.....you did it! :yay:
I think you may utter that phrase more often than you realize
as movements that became so painfully difficult become possible once again.
Sorry you're in pain. Hopefully the icing helps to ease it.
Wishing you a comfortable night!
 
Hope the pain killers kick in and you are able to get some rest. Wishing you well with your continued recovery
 
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I unexpectedly slept so good last night, was exhausted from surgery and not sleeping the night before. They are real good about keeping my pain meds coming. I think I will stay another night just to be taken care of. I kinda like the pampering. The food & of course the bloodwork every 8 hrs not so much. Anyway looking forward to PT this AM just to see how I do and if I can walk without being humped over like a 90 yr old. Just going to bathroom I can't really tell. Everyone have a great day!!
 
Welcome to the double hippie club! Glad you got some rest last night. Now the work begins!
 
Glad you have hip number 2 @Tboom. My second recovery has been different from first. I had lower level pain but it seemed to last longer. Numbness in a larger area, other stuff. However, getting two hips working together with no bone on bone pain is wonderful. Enjoy the pampering! Hope pt was uneventful.
 
MammaT My first hip was so easy, this one I feel like a bus has hit me. My leg is so incredibly sore even with the pain meds. I hope this will pass as the days go by. Just going to bathroom is exhausting. I expected this hip to be easy too but whew it is NOT. PT went well once they got me up out of bed. I hurt from hip to ankle and excruciating pain not just bad pain. Hoping as time goes by it will get better.
 
Poor TBoom. Two of these surgeries within four months...your body probably says "what the...:what:"
These early days are not always harbingers of days to come.
That hip was probably in worse shape too.
Hope you get a pain cocktail that works and that all starts easing soon.
Healing hugs..:console2:
 
Got to come home today and its nice to be home!!!!Out of concern I stayed an xtra day. I have been in such crazy pain, this hip is so different than my other. I went back and read my 1st op post and boy such a difference. I made them xray my leg b4 I was discharged today, the pain was so intense. Xray was fine so I felt some relief. I am gonna just suck it up and in a few days it will start improving I am sure. Just having such an almost pain free 1st experience spoiled me. I have been icing, elevating and resting. I am just SO exhausted since op but been sleeping like a log. Needing a nap now.....
 
Well it is day 5 post op and it feels different. It feels like my body has stopped fighting and has accepted my new implant. The past 5 days have been Hell. I went to bed the last 5 nights exhausted and swelled up so bad. And the pain was only bearable because of the meds. Last night was odd, I had to get up 10 times to pee and had to change my shirt twice. I had to put towels under me the sweating was unlike any I have ever experienced. Woke up this morning able to see my knees lol. Both of my knees have been swollen horribly. The fluid is almost all gone. I got up feeling good. I went outside for a short walk. I think I am finally on my way to recovery. I was very worried I won't lie.
 
So glad you are feeling better. Sounds like it's been a difficult five days. Hope the corner has been turned and things keep looking up!
 
The night sweats can be a side effect of your pain medication. But please don't stop taking it - still very early days for you - especially since you had 2 surgeries in a short space of time.
 
The first week I didn't know if I was going to get through it...I'm glad things are beginning to ease.
As Jaycey says, your body has been through alot.
Sorry it took so long to get pain tamped down and happy you are finally home.
Hope today is restful.:ice:
 
Hi @Tboom
Wondering how you're feeling over the past few days?
I'll bet stronger day by day. So nice to have both surgeries behind you.
Things are looking up :happydance:
Hope your week is wonderful!
 
Going to my 1st post op appt today. I am walking with my cane all over the house after 1 week. Life is getting better every day. I will use my rollator for a few more weeks when going out then I am gonna donate it to my Rehab place cuz if I never see it again I will be fine with that. Its been my sidekick for over a year, whew what a year its been too. My hip is getting stronger by the day and feeling GOOD. I was actually trying to get my dance on yesterday. God is Good!! I truly have had my own personal miracle especially since I had NO insurance thru both hip replacement surgeries and recoveries.
I can already sleep on my un-operated side for a change up from my back. Pain is at a minimum unless I overdue it. Still loving The ice and elevating while resting until I heal completely. Have a good day all!!
 
Great update @Tboom ! Glad you are seeing the benefits of your surgery already. Easy does it - still early days.
 
:wowspring:so glad to hear you are doing so well.
Slow and steady wins the race.
Take care and keep us updated!:yes!:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom