THR Layla's Recovery

@Mascaramom I wanted one of those pregnancy pillows! Glad to hear that it was wonderful.:loveshwr:

I agree about Layla being very helpful and positive! :flwrysmile: I bet she bakes great pies. :bow: Just that sweet, warm, grandmother kind of comfort. And it has nothing to do with age! :old:

Hahaha! I don't bake! A grandma - yes. A baker - no
Thank you for your kind words @AgilityDog

Switching gears: I believe I rubbed off a piece of a stitch from my incision this morning, at the very end. Eight months post op! It was a teeny tiny little prickly piece I've felt before as I've applied lotion.
This morning I rubbed it off.....crazy :) :-) (:

Gee, Layla. That stitch really hung in there for the long haul.
Hope you are having a good day...I was going to spend some day in the sun...as I was going to do yesterday until life happened:skep:
Now it is overcast and gloomy weather:sorry:
Going to get out a bit anyway.

Craziest thing, that old stitch. Right at the bottom too.

Hey, we're at 22F going for a high of 33F today :rotfl:
The forecast for the week though is averaging about 40F and I'll take it!!
As frigid as that seems to you @Mojo333 it's a sign to us that Spring isn't too terribly far off.
I can't wait! I hope your day is great!

Found a quote yesterday that I love. It applies to life but can also apply to the healing journey of THR ~

"Life is amazing and then it's awful. And then it's amazing again. And in between the amazing and the awful
it's ordinary and mundane and routine. Breathe in the amazing, hold on through the awful, and relax and exhale during the ordinary. That's just living heartbreaking, soul healing, amazing, awful, ordinary life.
And it's breathtakingly beautiful! L.R. Knost

Can I get an AMEN for life?!!! Hey, I'll take it any day over the alternative :heehee:

Amen!!! Love that quote. Totally suits my life right now too and not just with the THR. Holding on through the awful. The amazing will come. Enjoying a sunny day here too. Our temps are about the same as yours @Layla. Spring will be here soon and we’ll be able to enjoy it for all it’s worth. :) hoping you’re having a wonderful day!

"Life is amazing and then it's awful. And then it's amazing again. And in between the amazing and the awful
it's ordinary and mundane and routine. Breathe in the amazing, hold on through the awful, and relax and exhale during the ordinary. That's just living heartbreaking, soul healing, amazing, awful, ordinary life.
And it's breathtakingly beautiful! L.R. Knost
@Layla
Amen, and amen again.
It is the journey that defines us as how we can possibly know our destination. Too many variables.
Thank you for that.

I'm right here, @dougie0216 :heehee:
How have you been? I read elsewhere you have some bursitis in your shoulder.
I imagine that cramped your style a bit. I'm sorry....hope the injection helps.
It's been a looong winter here in the Upper Midwest.....I'm over it!
Hope all is going well aside from the shoulder. How's your wife's shoulder doing since her surgery?
Wishing you a great week!

@Layla yes, I jacked my shoulder up using an old fashioned manual pump. The tires take 110psi. I bought a new compressor

Wife's shoulder is good. She still ices and takes an occasional Tylenol 3. She went shopping a couple of weeks ago, multiple stores and multiple shopping carts. My guess is that PT does not do an adequate job preparing shoulder replacement patients for re-entry into the shopping force:heehee:
She was having fun with me dinging my shoulder.

Sorry about the winter thing. I took today off, I'm watering my flower beds in shorts. The frost plug popped on my sprinkler system so I am old-school hose and sprinkler today. Its supposed to be 80 by Friday.

Hi Layla- yep, I'm sick of winter too. We still have about five feet of snow on the ground - higher where it drifts or the plough has piled it, but we're also having above freezing temperatures so it should be gone by...uh...June?

I want to say something about that fabulous quote. I think people jump to wanting the amazing, but I really believe it is better to appreciate the ordinary. I remember watching a holocaust survivor speak at the academy awards oh about 20 years ago - whenever Schindlers List was up. She said that what she had learned was to never underestimate the wonderfulness of a boring evening at home. So good!

Glad you are well - off to check on the rest of the gang!

You sound great @dougie0216
I know how you suffered watching others do you yard work last year.
Happy you're back at it.
Shorts and 80 degrees on Friday....lucky you! I think we may hit 50 and I'll take it.
You have to start somewhere and with the sun out it will be enough to melt off more of this snow.
Hope you're having a good week! I know this Spring and Summer will be great for the whole gang :yes!: :happydance:

I can only imagine the snow @labanan
The pic you shared earlier looked like a lovely Winter Wonderland but there comes a time when
we've had our fill. I'm at my limit and am ready for more frequent sunshine and some warmth :yes: :SUNsmile:
Hope it comes your way soon too.

Wise words above from you and also the words of another you shared. Our "boring" could very well be another's slice of heaven. We should be mindful of that in our complaining. Thanks for sharing!
Wishing you many bright sunny days and beautiful Soring and Summer.

Tomorrow my mom turns 81. This week she will give herself the gift of a second new hip.
She'll be a double hippy. Her first was done at age 72.

Sadly, she needs her knee replaced on the same side she'll be getting the new hip this week.
I'm wondering how this recovery will look compared to her last. I may be calling on my friends
@zinnia and @Canucklady for advice. Her OS used the posterior approach for her first. This time he'll use anterior. I can only hope this recovery runs as smoothly as her last.

I agree @MammaT - between having been through this before, a less invasive procedure and a sweet, caring daughter who can relate, she should do well! Hugs and prayers to both of you! :loveshwr:

So glad she is getting it done @Layla. I will bet that she will do famously, even better than the first time.
Is the knee very bothersome?

My left one has needed replacing since the first hip surgery so it is getting very impatient. The brace I wear is helpful, but I ice it as much as the hip. Does your mom wear a brace on her bad knee?

I am ready, willing and I hope able to help if there is need. Not only did your mom raise a tender hearted and gracious woman, she herself is reflected in her lovely daughter. You sound to be close. You are lucky to have each other and now it's your turn to help take care of her while she enters into her second hip recovery.

Thinking of both of you and praying all goes well. But my vibes tell me she will be just fine. Cheers to you both. :curtsey::yes: :curtsey:

Happy Birthday, Layla's mom.
Praying all goes well for here surgery and recovery!:praying:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562