Recent content by keepmovin

  1. keepmovin

    Hip Infection Hip revision with "spacer" and pain

    Greetings @gclout01! So sorry you were hit with this and the way you may have acquired this infection is disturbing. I am another that has recently gone through infection/spacer/new device. My case is similar to you. I was diagnosed with hip dysplasia at 52, very late in life after leading a...
  2. keepmovin

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    Hi @McDeeva - When I posted last, it was before you posted about your blood pressure issues and now your concerns about some pain and discomfort issues you have. So, 4 weeks out is and was, for me, so early out. I was NOT doing any exercises even though I had PT coming to the house. She would...
  3. keepmovin

    Revision THR Krista's Gluteus Medius Repair 1 Year post THR

    Greetings @Krista! Well, I see you FINALLY made it! As I write this, you are probably in surgery and maybe even done at this point. I would occasionally hop on bonesmart to see how you are doing so this was such good news to see you hit no road blocks this time around. Positive thoughts that...
  4. keepmovin

    THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

    Greetings @Miss Muffet! I for one will be glad to usher out 2016! I see you will have lots to celebrate as well! Congrats on your upcoming and hopefully final surgery! You are an inspiration here at bonesmart - your posts are always informative, soothing, warm and caring to all and a...
  5. keepmovin

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    Hello @McDeeva! You are doing great and all your emotions are normal! Especially the anxiety! I over thought everything that didn't seem normal and, of course, it all would work out in the end. You are still just a few weeks out - given that we have been through a number of major surgical...
  6. keepmovin

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    Hi @McDeeva - First, congrats for finally making it to your second stage surgery!! So sorry I missed being there to offer support! This is it! You will be on the mend from here out. I see you are experiencing some discomfort right now but this will pass. Give it time. The pain management...
  7. keepmovin

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    Hi @McDeeva - So glad to hear everything is falling into place! I'm sure the aspiration will show nothing and you will be in the clear!! Now, just to get that foot drop issue cleared up and the final operation behind you and the light at the end of the tunnel will be bright and open for you...
  8. keepmovin

    THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

    Oh @Krista What a mess this has been for you! I thought I would come on site and find you recouping from your final surgery only to read about the interruption with this kyphoplasty procedure. Took me a while to read through but understand it all now. I'm glad this went well and you are on the...
  9. keepmovin

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    Just popped in to say :hi:! Not on much these days but will always continue to check in on everyone. So glad to see you had a nice worry free vacation and that you are out of the 'line of fire' out your way. I hope that there will be a time when we DON'T hear about a single fire erupting in...
  10. keepmovin

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    Hi @McDeeva - I come back on site to find you half way through this terrible ordeal and so glad to see your picc line is being removed! So you are six weeks in, another six weeks after the picc line is removed to assure that that the infection is clear and your own immune system keeps it that...
  11. keepmovin

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    @McDeeva I was able to get my bandage/picc line wet so the shower was never a problem. I guess I had some water-proof adhesive contrary to what other people had. Go by what @KarriB suggests if yours is not water-proof. So glad you are home and comfortable!
  12. keepmovin

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    :wowspring:Well, would you look at that! I didn't even notice your new title under your name when I wrote my last post! Tons of congratulations coming your way! You deserve this!!:yes!::cheers:
  13. keepmovin

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    Hi @Cynthia777, Just checking in and see I popped in on your thread at a good time! Your message on PT is right on! I agree with your advice on 'to do' or 'not to do' when it comes to PT. I, too, did better without the outside PT. I do the walking, however, I do and will continue with my...
  14. keepmovin

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    Hi @McDeeva, so glad you are feeling better. Working part time at home is a very good idea! You will feel more normal and the feeling of accomplishing a goal will also lift your spirits. It helped me tremendously to have a goal each day to plan and complete, however small it was! If it...
  15. keepmovin

    Hip Infection Staph infection

    @Iceman938 - Wow, Dave, you have had the worst case scenario when it comes to an infected joint. So sorry to hear all that you have gone through. I also had my hip become infected after hip surgery but I did not have MRSA. I think because you had staph MRSA, it is harder to treat. I know...
Back
Top Bottom