Guest viewing is limited

THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

Hooray for November 8th! All healed before the holidays.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thinking of you today, Miss M. According to the 'special countdown' (announced daily in our political news) it's 16 days "until".
 
I had added an animated bottle of champagne with the cork popping but see it's lost in cyber world. Maybe we should all have a toast together at midnight on New Year's Eve to celebrate our new lives without hip pain? You're November 8th and the Triplets are October 27th so everyone should be ready for a toast... Robin


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Never mind @BusterBeans - the thought was there Robin, and thanks!

And this is one New Year I (and all of us) will celebrate in more than one sense. 2016 has been a pain in the butt (literally) in fact the last few have been a tad like that to be honest. The moment I made the decision to proceed and get my life back on track was the turning point. So I went through the process of selecting the lucky OS and hospital and, once I had met him I felt a surge of confidence which replaced my previous anxieties to a degree.

Of course we all fret and worry the bone (appropriate expression) in the build-up but I found that turning my attention to getting everything ordered and organised helped a lot. Now that I look back on the actual surgery day and following days/weeks it was but nothing compared to what I had been putting up with for far too long. The OA pain became a constant (but unwelcomed) companion and now I'm halfway there I am really excited at the prospect of kicking the other nasty hip into touch. Bring on 2017 and a whole new life:happydance:
 
I like your champagne substitute! Maybe by the time I get my other hip done, I'll have figured out how to add these cute animations.

2016 was the year for all of us to take that action, deal with the short-term pain and discomfort but make the long-term difference in how we live and enjoy the rest of our lives. I must admit, however, that I'm hoping the other hip holds off until 2018...


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@BusterBeans - enjoy your first THR and keep an eye on the other one. Have you been told 2018 or is that just your wish?
PS - click the little yellow smiley face icon above the script and it will bring up all the emoticons animations.
Have fun! :happydance: :egypdance: :spin: :dancy:
 
Congratulations on your surgery date- that's wonderful news! Won't be long now.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Greetings @Miss Muffet! I for one will be glad to usher out 2016! I see you will have lots to celebrate as well! Congrats on your upcoming and hopefully final surgery! You are an inspiration here at bonesmart - your posts are always informative, soothing, warm and caring to all and a delight to read! Love your writing style!:yes:

A few short weeks away and I can see you are organized and ready! Wishing you a healthy and speedy recovery!:friends:
Blessings,
 
Hi @Miss Muffet Soon you will the owner of two shiny new hips! I will be checking in more often to see how you do and to follow my buddy, Medfordart. :fingersx:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

PreOp assessement (again) but this time we have all systems GO for 8 November. :yes!:

I didn't dare hope until the nurse said she's happy. :yes:

So now Mr M has my full authority to clamber into the loft and retrieve my THR survival kit.
Raised loo seats (x 2); loo frame and shower stool. I wouldn't allow him to go anwhere near the loft till I had confirmation (too superstitious - and it's Halloween)
[Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips


My grabbers have never been out of use and my temporary log leg lifter is also handy plus my wedge pillow. Satin pillowcase is laundered and ready to slip on to my feather pillow to take with me to hospital. Apparently it's okay to take it and will be nice and comforting.
We need to get the walkie-talkies charged up and checked out so the staff (husband) is able to respond to my bidding. Ice gel packs are frozen and ready to go and the tray on legs is out of mothballs.
My glamorous clothing (Bridget Jones knickers and wide-legged tracky bottoms) is washed and ready. Will fine-tune my hospital packing at the weekend - not much, but the things I found essential last time.
I think I may sleep tonight. :chillpill:
More later ....
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips
    upload_2016-10-31_18-13-26.jpeg
    4.3 KB · Views: 177
Fantastic news!
Looking forward to welcoming you into the elite double hippie club :heehee:
 
Yay!!! Woooohooooo!!:spin::dancy:
Sounds like you are almost ready! Thanks for all the info here btw. I learn so much from your posts.:SUNsmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom