• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

[THR] FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nana2-8

senior
Country
United States United States
Okay lady....Miss Del Mar vacation dudette!! You got back yesterday....right? You aren't near the recent fires, are you? (If so, then you're excused immediately!!!). --- Just wanted to say Welcome home!! You've been missed. Xxoo

OP
OP
Cynthia777

Cynthia777

big-cheese
Country
@Nana2-8...You are too cute for words! Haven't you ever come home from a vacation and felt you needed a vacation to recover? :heehee:

Yes, we got home yesterday. We have two ways into the Antelope Valley from Del Mar and I thank The Lord that Waze took us the route around the fire! Had we gone our usual route, we would have been stuck on the freeway that closed down (we would have been right next to it within maybe 15 minutes from the time the fire started). The fire is about 45 minutes from where we live, but thankfully we aren't in any danger.

I'll give an accounting of my adventures once I recuperate! Lol! Thanks for asking! Hugs girlfriend!:loveshwr:

Nana2-8

senior
Country
Now that I know you're safe and sound, throw a load of laundry in and relax.....to recover from your vacation!

Tweetybrd

graduate
Country
@Cynthia777 Yay! Glad you are home safe! I know just what you mean about a vacation after the vacation! LOL
Get some rest. You have been missed around here. :)

Miss Muffet

Forum Advisor
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
:hi: Aha @Cynthia777 - there you are. Just knew you'd pop up again before too long but gosh that holiday seems to have whizzed by far too quickly. Thank goodness you're safely home after such a worrying journey. And spin out the laundry duties a bit longer, at least till the holiday pile has been addressed ..... (you know they love it really) :rofsign:

keepmovin

Country
Just popped in to say :hi:! Not on much these days but will always continue to check in on everyone.

So glad to see you had a nice worry free vacation and that you are out of the 'line of fire' out your way. I hope that there will be a time when we DON'T hear about a single fire erupting in CA! Seems like every year, too many homes, lives and beautiful land is destroyed by these fires!:sorry:

What a beautiful tradition you and your family share! I can imagine it grows every year with new storeis to share! Enjoy the rest of the summer!:SUNsmile:

Nana2-8

senior
Country
Hi CC: do you have any idea how reassuring it was to read (on another thread) that you still feel nervous to get into the shower when you are home alone? I thought I was being a bit over-dramatic yesterday when I accomplished that task....all by my self!!!

I asked a question (general...to anyone) on my thread and maybe you know the answer. I so want to try to sleep on my side...and have been given permission to do so, with a small pillow between my legs. But I have no idea what it is that I must try to avoid. I would rather try to sleep on the operated side. Am I trying to avoid my "good" leg from sliding over the top of my newly operated leg? Why? What would that hurt? On the other hand, if I found that too uncomfortable, and tried laying on my good side, then if the operated leg were to fall forward, I might see that as being an issue....but am still confused. I don't see the OS again until 9/14, so I'd rather not wait that long. Any insight?
On to other news....is it still smoky in your area? The fires seem to have slipped from the news. AND...has hubby completed the laundry tasks yet? (Along with all your other wisdom, you must share how you keep the release of restrictions from your hubby's ears!!!). Not sure that would work with my DH. He's got his ears perked up for one 'release' and one release only!!! It involves something just short of swinging from the chandeliers! Other than that, I think he'd be content to cook, throw in a load of laundry, grocery shop....who knows what else?

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
Am I trying to avoid my "good" leg from sliding over the top of my newly operated leg? Why? What would that hurt?
You do not want your op leg to cross the midline and fall to the bed surface - thus the pillow. Yes, it might hurt but crossing that midline so early out is a bit risky. Just use a pillow and experiment. You might not be able to sleep on your op side yet. Try the other side - but always with a pillow between your legs.

OP
OP
Cynthia777

Cynthia777

big-cheese
Country
Lol @Nana2-8, I just posted the same answer that Jaycey posted here. The article also said to avoid your toes pointing downward (which I guess wouldn't happen if you keep your leg midline with your body).

Thankfully there's no more smoke. I've also noticed the news has pretty much stopped covering it. I guess that's good news.

Hubby is still doing everything for me! I tell him, "I'm just not 100% yet and I mention how complete healing takes up to a year! He has such a servants heart and I just don't want to take that away from him! :heehee:

OP
OP
Cynthia777

Cynthia777

big-cheese
Country
Hello, it's your long lost friend, dropping in to let you know my hips are doing fabulous and to say I miss each and every one of you! I have no pain and full range of motion...I'd do it all over again in a New York minute!
I pray all of you are doing well and want to wish each of you a Blessed Christmas or Hanukkah. xoxoxoxo!
:kitty chris:

CatLady1

senior
Country
I am doing well, Cynthia. It's good to hear from you, and good to see you've been 'elevated' to Forum Advisor (which you do SO SO well!) I'm planning to update my thread tomorrow after my annual 1st year check up. It's been a good year for my hip!

sherrymorss60

Country
I am so glad to hear you are doing so good. I too am doing pretty well. My hip is also fabulous, but now my left knee is causing me all kinds of pain. Going in for an X-ray Friday. Now that I gave insurance I'm not waiting and going through all the pain I suffered with my hip because of waiting to qualify for Medicare. I hope everyone else is doing great. Happy holidays to everyone.

Krista

post-grad
Country
@Cynthia777, so happy to hear from you, and with such good news! You are living your life with no pain and full range of motion, which is what we all are hoping for. May you have a very Merry Christmas and a healthy and happy New Year!

Miss Muffet

Forum Advisor
Country
You've been such a great ambassador for Bonesmart @Cynthia777 and helped me enormously through my THRs. Your openness, warmth and friendliness were a tonic through the initial dark days of discovering I needed surgery and turned the sun back on again. Your successful outcome is only what you deserve.
We all love our CC! :roseshwr::loveshwr::roseshwr::loveshwr:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dja724
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom