I iced until my knee felt better and less swollen, sometimes an hour sometimes longer. As long as there’s something between your skin and the ice you can keep it on as long as you like.
I don’t think ROM is the issue with using stairs. I have good ROM with my natural knee, but it cannot do stairs. Muscle strength around the knee and quad are the issue with my left knee which will need replaced sometime in the future. Being that your RTKR is just 3 months it’s probably just too...
Welcome! Can you give us the full dates of your TKRs and which knee was done each time? It’ll help us to give you advice or answer questions.
Every knee is different so I’m not surprised you’re having pain that you didn’t experience with your first TKR. The first thing you should do is take a...
It took me over 18 months to get a good ROM of motion. I had an infection and never once did anyone tell me I might lose my knee. If there’s no visible reason for the stiffness chances are it is internal swelling especially if someone is pushing your knee. The best think you can do after an MUA...
Gorsky, when was your infection surgery? I had an infection 4 months after TKR surgery and had a washout/debridement immediately. Like you I was full weight bearing, had an immbolizer 24/7 which caused me to walk like a peg leg pirate and used a cane. The immbolizer was on for 4-6 weeks...
I’m sorry to hear of your infection. My infection presented at 4 weeks post op so my OS did a washout/debridement surgery and put me in an immbolizer 24/7 for 4-6 weeks. The infectious disease Dr ordered IV antibiotics with a PICC line and an oral antibiotic at the same time, even with all that...
At just a month post op your body is still using a lot of energy to heal from the surgery. It wasn’t until month 7 that I felt my energy level was close to pre op level.
Also at a month post op your walks should be short, no more than 5-10 min. This recovery really can’t be hurried along, it...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.