I am another one with ROM still improving and I’m 2+ years post op. As time goes on my whole leg continues to relax, allowing more bend.Once the swelling is gone your ROM will improve. It does take time though. I continued to gain ROM 12-18 months post op.
My ROM numbers were great early on, but I was never measured by being allowed to bend on my own, my bend was always pushed for measurements, even by my surgeon. So I honestly don’t know what my true numbers were. Nothing like what was reported.
Then I had a major set back at 4 months due to over activity which drastically reduced my ROM, and just as I was beginning to improve, my son got married and it was a busy weekend and out of town with little ability to properly take care of my knee and I was back to square one again.
My ROM was very poor the rest of my first year and I was so stressed about it because ROM was my surgeon’s main focus.
In spite of all that, now my ROM is fine.
4 weeks is still early in this year long recovery. Please try not to worry. You have lots of time to improve, and you will.
United States


) but knee pain at rest (seated) is typically 0 or a 1. Still some pain while standing, especially after sitting for a while and it takes a moment of walking to loosen up. Sleeping is almost back to baseline for me as I usually awaken a couple times anyway. The early morning knee pain of the first few weeks that made me get up earlier than I like just to relieve the pain is almost gone--maybe a 2 to 3 that dissipates once I am up and moving. Still have occassional pain on the front centre of the lower implant area... this is where the surgeon had to do a hardware removal from a 10 year old tib/fib pleateau fracture repair so may be some additional healing that has to happen there.
!!! But given where I am at with somewhat limited flexion and still needing to elevate and ice a little each day, I feel that would be too soon so I've moved that to early September.