Recent content by JohnInSeattle

  1. JohnInSeattle

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    I was one of the early ones. January 10th 2012. I haven't had any problems since about June or so, Now at over a year, I am totally back to normal have absolutely no issues with the new hip. The new one has slightly better ROM than the old one ever did or even the other one. I will try to get my...
  2. JohnInSeattle

    Bilateral THR Weezy is woozy and back home

    I agree, I got a lot of hope out of reading about other speedy recoveries and I had one too, by following their example and getting a DAA with a good doctor. Weezy's hubby :iagree:
  3. JohnInSeattle

    THR On the other side in Seattle.

    Thank you. The battle is fortunately over. She had Inter Operative Radiation Therapy IORT where they put a balloon into the cavity where they took out the tumor and do a one time radiation. The tumor was genome sequenced and declared unlikely to reoccur. All that is left is the healing. She was...
  4. JohnInSeattle

    THR On the other side in Seattle.

    Yes, the hip is not no longer an issue at all. All back to normal. :happydance: I am on to the next adventure, my wife had breast cancer and is recovering from surgery, outlook is very good but not fun on the way. When she is recovered, next is the new downstairs bathroom, new sewer under a...
  5. JohnInSeattle

    THR SuziGirl's Recovery Thread - Fell on 4y.o. THR

    Magnesium is good. Quinine is very good too.
  6. JohnInSeattle

    THR SuziGirl's Recovery Thread - Fell on 4y.o. THR

    Re: Full day; do excersises anyway? I am now 5 months out and also have restless leg. Keep on your PT! My surgeon did not order any PT, I started it on my own about 4 weeks out. Even now, if I miss a day I feel it the next day. I notice much better progress the more I exercise and stretch...
  7. JohnInSeattle

    THR We can re-build him...

    I am starting to get days here and there where I don't have it. If I forgo stretching for a day or two, it comes right back.
  8. JohnInSeattle

    THR On the other side in Seattle.

    Went for a 4 mile walk with the wife and her little dog too last night. No zingers, no IT issues, everything just worked.:dancy: I did yard work all weekend, carrying about 2 tons of laurel branches across uneven slopping ground and mowing 1/3 acre of hill with a trimmer mower. IT WORKS...
  9. JohnInSeattle

    THR Z's Postop thread

    Boy I agree with you on the zingers. My zingers are in my knee, not a joint issue but apparently caused by the IT Band. Feels just like I pounded a flat blade screwdriver into the left side of my knee joint and twisted. Getting MUCH better now with ITBand stretching.:yes 4: Yup, gotta keep on...
  10. JohnInSeattle

    THR We can re-build him...

    I am there with you on the feeling normal, Now at 4 months out I am just getting days here and there where I am feeling completely wonderfully normal. Then the next day, things are crampy and weak again. I annoy my wife no end on the good days as I tend to jump around and whoop...
  11. JohnInSeattle

    THR On the other side in Seattle.

    Thank you for the compliment, the Greenhouse was the culmination of about 4 years of work. It is part of a much larger Deck and remodel project the beginning of which you see in my avatar. My Hip ROM is <tony the="" tiger="" voice=""> GREAT!! :yahoo: </tony> I have no issues with that. My...
  12. JohnInSeattle

    THR On the other side in Seattle.

    Thanks all for the good comments My IT band is being a stubborn #$%@ it is SLOOOOOOOOWLY getting stretched out and slightly less irritated. Mainly I am being real careful of it. I didn't think I had made any progress but the PT lady said there was more ROM on it. As for gardening, this year...
  13. JohnInSeattle

    THR On the other side in Seattle.

    Wow, had a wonderful hip problem free weekend!! :dancy: Spent about 15 hours with my son digging a trench to put in a gas pipe to my shop and clear out a sewer. Had No issues with anything hip or leg related! :yahoo: Everything is sore and tired but in a good way. Back to good old PT tonight.
  14. JohnInSeattle

    THR On the other side in Seattle.

    I have been doing the PT given by my PTist, She said I was making great progress. There are no sore spots on it, massaging doesn't seem to help. This was a problem long before my hip, it has had issues for at least 6 years. I am taking aspirin to keep the inflammation down and spending about 30...
  15. JohnInSeattle

    THR Z's Postop thread

    I am envious too, My hip is all healed up and ready to go. But the IT band, not so much. I tried jogging about 50 feet last Friday, it felt good when I did it but I pulled my IT band thingy and was pretty laid up all weekend. Back on track now with the PT for the IT. I used to run 10 - 20 miles...
Back
Top Bottom