Guest viewing is limited

THR Z's Postop thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds as tho' you folks are short of rain just like most of Southern England, we have had a ban on the use of hosepipes, for watering gardens, washing cars etc., since 4th April and since that date it's been raining cats and dogs. Perhaps your local authorities should try it!
JZ I take it that your Surgeon has not expressed any doubts about you re-starting running/jogging? I think? that most Surgeons in the UK wouldn't recommend any sort of impact sports like running, tennis etc., I could be wrong but that's the impression I get, I know that mine's certainly against it as far as I am concerned which is why I'm going for rowing and cycling!

Enjoy those Forest trails .... I AM EXTREMELY ENVIOUS!!

Atb,

Charlie
 
I am envious too, My hip is all healed up and ready to go. But the IT band, not so much.
I tried jogging about 50 feet last Friday, it felt good when I did it but I pulled my IT band thingy and was pretty laid up all weekend.
Back on track now with the PT for the IT.

I used to run 10 - 20 miles without issues, but haven't because of the hip for the last 4 years or so.

Charlie, I know where all your water went, We had the second wettest March on record here in the NW US.
We were about 1 inch of rain away from the whole area turning into one big mud slide, water has been draining out of the hills for the last few weeks since it stopped raining.
As we drive on the freeway there are hundreds of wet areas where the water is forcing it's way up between the road panels even after 2 weeks of dry weather.
 
Those "jogs" thru the woods (with cellphone in hand) are more like 10:30 per mile, but they do make me smile...

Hi Z,

I only have two words on this activity -- poison ivy......:th_heehee:

Oh, wait, do you have that in the North Country where you are located????

Have fun,
Cardie
 
Cathy,

i do understand about habits. The other day i was fiddling around with a soccer ball (tho Charlie won't believe me) and I was starting to juggle it (with feet ... not hands) when I QUICKLY realized that juggling is just something that one's body does without thinking (there's not time for thinking) and that if I wanted to make practical, controlled movements this was NOT what I should be doing. So I stopped. Perhaps in a couple months.

And Charlie, my surgeon was "fine" with 2-3 miles of off-road running 2-3 times a week. He told me that running would not be what will do in this new hip. A "graceful" stride :wink1:, good (padded) shoes, on woodland trails. I'll be fine...until I'm not.

And Cardie, yes, we have Poison Ivy, but these trails have a fair amount of foot traffic, and someone would clean it up if it was growing into the trail... i HOPE! I'll regularly do the 2 mile loop without seeing anyone...and other times I will.

Z
 
I DO believe you John but juggling means quick little adjustments side to side and well .... have a look on You Tube about Glute Meds ( I posted one the other day) if you haven't already I'm sure it's the answer to leg control and then BALL control!!
Yes I'm sure your man was right about running, it's just a step too far for me at the moment (forgive the pun) I need a good downhill with soft pine needles and no rocks or uphills to even think about trying it! ONE DAY MAYBE:scratch:

Meanwhile I'll keep working on the glute building and IT band stretching.

Keep going ....

C
 
Charlie...I had a fairly long post typed and the internet ate it...

I was saying that I am rehabbing my hamstring and will be doing that form Denver this week...

this is a shot from a few years back when i tore it pretty good...and I now think it is a much scar tissue as muscle...i tore it a lot... :sigh:

Have great weeks!

Z
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Z's Postop thread
    ripped hammy_6451 small.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 209
Ouch that looks painful Z! Wow thats dramatic :(

safe travels and have a good trip in Denver!!
 
Wow JZ that's some tear!! It made me wince just looking! What the heck were you doing to finish up like that? ...... don't tell me Soccer!?

Enjoy Denver do they still have the Flying Dog brewery there?

CC
 
Charlie...I had a fairly long post typed and the internet ate it...

I was saying that I am rehabbing my hamstring and will be doing that form Denver this week...

this is a shot from a few years back when i tore it pretty good...and I now think it is a much scar tissue as muscle...i tore it a lot... :sigh:

Have great weeks!

Z

that is some tear how did you do that it looks severe were you playing football good to see everything else is ok
regards
Terry
 
Z, I think you can safely take it that it gave us all the shivers! :snork:
 
That was just my way of proving (not that I need to) that I painfully experienced with (numerous) hamstring tears ...and I am heading back to PT on Tuesday to have my current situation evaluated. My hip was fine with lots of travel abuse and VERY long days in Colorado...but my hamstring was not. Just walking was a pain (literally) but I was up early and going till late.

And I realize that MY three favorite injuries that take time to heal are

Groin
Platar fasciatis
Hamstring


Like I said b4...I have a brand new hip but the rest of me is still old and abused...

Have great weekends!

Z
 
Dear Old & Abused,

I hope you're watching the epitome of football( soccer) matches ...THE FA CUP FINAL!!!
Not one of the great ones yet but exciting nonetheless!!

You'll be able to see it online some time soon!

Hope the ham's healing ... time and more time .... and more etc.!

C
 
Too much fun when you were much younger Z?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom