Recent content by Gummy Bears

  1. G

    THR I got 99 problems..

    But my hip ain't one! How has it been 3 years? Life is great on the other side! Hope my hippy friends are doing well @Zumbamama @Cynthia777 @JulieJF @JayP
  2. G

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    @Cynthia777 its great to hear from you! Glad things are well! Things are going well for me, too. I think of my bone smart friends a few times a week and wonder what you all are up to.
  3. G

    THR Happy Hippy From the other side

    I remembered someone a while back mentioned they did spinning and I was hoping you would chime in! So nothing has been a problem? Standing, running while standing, putting weight on the wheel?
  4. G

    THR Happy Hippy From the other side

    Hello all! I went in a week ago for my one year post op check up. He said everything looks great, no need to go back for 5 years. Question to you all! I told him about my intense spin classes and he felt like they may be a bit too much for the hip. I told him I would not go to the gym otherwise...
  5. G

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    @Cynthia777 congrats on the other hip replacement! I had a lot of numbness from my THR almost exactly a year ago. I got used to it after a while then started noticing it go away. At some point ive pretty much gotten all the feeling back in that area. And remember I limped for a few weeks...
  6. G

    THR Happy Hippy From the other side

    @Sommers16 I remember how stressful it was. You will get through this and all will be well!
  7. G

    THR The marvels of recovery

    @JulieJF i have to make my one year appt still, what do they do besides X-ray it?
  8. G

    THR Happy Hippy From the other side

    Ha, you beat me to it @JulieJF! Same to you, hippy twin! Happy one year hippy anniversary! No regrets at all. I would tag all my other awesome friends here from BS but I gotta get up and travel to Vancouver today for work! So nice to not worry about my hip!
  9. G

    THR The marvels of recovery

    Oh my goodness, @JulieJF that sounds aweful! So glad you are okay. It's actually crossed my mind and I've wandered if something's happening to me (like a fall, car accident) will it happen so fast that the thought of a dislocation won't even cross my mind? Apparently not! But good to know...
  10. G

    Help!! Scared!! Newly diagnosed with severe arthritis in hip!

    I had a RTHR within 8 months of the first (of three) surgeons who told me I was heading in that direction. things Just kept getting worse. I had anterior, all the numbness in the area they cut is back to normal. I had surgery 10 months ago. I'm so glad it's behind me. Btw, I know people on...
  11. G

    Help making the right choice

    A little over a year ago, at age 39, I found myself in a similar place. Labral tear in my right hip, lots of arthritis. Went to get a 3rd opinion from a highly sought after arthroscopy surgeon in DC who told me not to even bother, just wait it out and do a THR. It was quickly deteriorating so...
  12. G

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    @Cynthia777 nice to read that things continue to go well! Hip #2 end of April? Think of how great it will be to have both done!
  13. G

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    Glad your incision is doing well! Everyone is doing well here. My hip started to bother me bc my 4 year old was insisting that I carry her around. I realized I just can't do it, she's gained at least 5 lbs in the past few months. So we sat down and talked to her so she knows it's not an...
  14. G

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    Hey lady! Glad things are going well! I had a little tiny bit of oozing in the first week or two but checked with the physician that did my discharge at the hospital and they weren't worried (I texted her a picture) I couldn't take a shower and get it wet, so had to do sponge baths. I think...
  15. G

    THR Toddlermom - one down!!

    it's going to go great!
Back
Top Bottom