THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @Krista! I just can't imagine not being able to sit like this. In fact, my preferred seating is on the floor with my legs crossed like this and sometimes in bed I would sit like this and put my forehead on my pillow before stretching out for the night (just one of my idiosyncrasies since I was a child)! :heehee:

As I sit like this, I visualize what my bionic hip might look like...weird!
 
Oh my goodness!! Well done you! Isn't that something?
No way I could do that Really that must make you feel so good, that has to be another milestone for you
 
You're a sweetie, @Cynthia777. I'm so glad you're able to sit indian style comfortably. I can't even imagine that. I haven't been able to do that since I was a very young child.
 
@Cynthia777
Hey there, girlfriend, you sound so good. I'm doing pretty well too. I went to a new outpatient pt today just as I was thinking I wouldn't do pt. Well,this pt visit/evaluation was great. I haven't taken very good care of myself up to now and I've taken my good health for granted. Between having a ton of kids(7) and gaining and losing a ton of weight(almost), my body is feeling it all over. And the pt is putting together a program to strengthen my core. I left there happy and hopeful to make changes. I've been feeling like it's all over for me, that I'm old and weak and I can't do anything about it, that it's too late and I have lots of hope and motivation now. I tried to sleep in my bed last night but I was miserable so I'm back in my recliner. I'll wait til my 6 week appt.
And I can see you sitting all cross legged. Yay for you to be comfy:)
 
@sandyx7
Oh honey, you're only as old as you let your mind think you are! For heaven sakes, you're only 56! It's NEVER too late to start improving your health. Seven kids, oh dear me! I had one child and I was done! :heehee: You are one brave soul! I'm so happy you have this new outlook on life. It sounds as though you just need some direction and encouragement, which it seems you've found. Let me just caution you to make sure your PT takes it VERY slow and easy (you don't want to end up with chronic pain issues)! Thank goodness for recliners, huh? I'm still sleeping in my hospital bed because I'm kind of enjoying the non-snoring atmosphere! :snork:
Please stay in touch, as I really want to hear how PT is working for you. I've kind of decided to skip PT, unless I really, really need it after my next THR. I'm not 100% certain PT is the way to go (at least for me at this point). So good to hear from you my friend and surgery buddy! Big hugs!:friends:
 
Hi @Cynthia777 !! Great update on your progress.. you are indeed the poster child for the THR!

I haven't forgotten you or the other bonesmartie buddies.. I start to read the posts and then, when caught up and ready to post something,, a client arrives..
I had my 6 month check up this week. I am go to go, no restrictions- to my comfort level. It was so surreal to walk in there feeling as good as I do at the moment!!

Now, off to see if I can sit Injun Style!! I doubt it, that would put more pressure on my lower back... but I will attempt it and report back to you. :fingersx:
 
What an absolutely wonderful progress report, my dear miss @Cynthia777! And, no wonder you have had such a remarkable recovery. It's truly karma working at its best. You have been there for so many of us, spreading your good wishes, love and humor, it's only right that you experience such a great recovery! But, I am beyond jealous that you are able to sit like that. I haven't been able to do that in decades. And, I used to be a gymnast! Enjoy your day, my friend!
P.S.
You'll feel even taller once your able to stand tall, without the need for any walking aids. Of course, when they fix your LLD, will help too!
 
WhooHoo @Cynthia777 so great that you have a "date" for your other hip. Time really does fly and it will be here and over and done before you have much time to ponder how you really feel about all of it. I'm going in for my pre-op tomorrow morning, then three more weeks and chop, chop. I'll try to keep posting about my deja vu op.

I had to get up to potty at least two, sometimes three times at night the first 3 - 4 weeks and I didn't take any pain meds. My bladder just seemed to be pumping on speed. It has slowly stopped being so efficient the past couple of weeks and I rarely get up even one time. I do wake up in the morning (6 am +/-) and I gotta go, gotta go right now. I drink a lot of herbal tea and I'm trying to not have that after dinner cup of lemon grass or rose hip tea. It's hard to do and I usually substitute some red wine for medicinal purposes only. I take one benadryl tablet at bedtime to help me sleep so that could also contribute to my lack of liquid leaking at night.

I'm stiff from overdoing the yard work the past couple of days. I hope this will pass. I haven't attempted the indian style sit. I did sit flat on my butt and on my knees out in the yard for about three hours while I pulled weeds and cut back winter monkey grass and clipped hedges. The legs and back are getting even with me. I believe a good stretch would be just what the PT would recommend. I don't want to go into Op #2 as damaged goods.

Hang in there @Cynthia777 -- julie
 
@Squirrellymom
Look at you, in your yard pulling weeds for 3 hours (I'm pretty certain more than my back and legs would feel the effect, even pre-op)! Good for you! Wow, your surgery is right around the corner! I'll really be interested in seeing how similar your experience will be compared to the first op. For some strange reason, I haven't had to make a potty run for the past two nights, but I'm not complaining! :heehee:
Good luck to you my Aoril buddy and thanks for dropping by with an update!
 
@CricketHip
Hey you! Six months? My, oh, my, where in the world does the time go? Boy I've missed you my friend, but as they say, life moves on to bigger and better things after THR (well, maybe "they" don't say that, but I do)! :heehee:
BIG BIG HUGS!
 
Gosh, so glad to get caught up on your thread. Happy you got a date in April and hope " all the stars align" so that it happens. Just a bit jealous that my surgeon had nothing till end of May for me! Grin.


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR in my future.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom