Recent content by grnplatebrd

  1. grnplatebrd

    THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

    @beachgal Good story about the THR and your husbands professional advice. One thing that sparked me checking back in on BS was the fact that I was helping a friend of friend get ready for his own THR. He is doing well and appreciated my input, he is already a month out and speeding along in...
  2. grnplatebrd

    THR Tetanus shot 20 hrs ago and increasing hip pain??????

    wow. good information. I am going to be getting some immunizations for travel in January and nice to see a little heads up. I hope you recovered fast from your reaction @Tweefishy
  3. grnplatebrd

    THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

    Hi @beachgal . Glad to see you are doing well and living well. Hope your husband hangs in there with his own recovery. People often say shoulder recovery is REALLY hard. I cannot imagine anything beyond our own hip healing. I am sure you are a great help to him. It looks like you have kept up...
  4. grnplatebrd

    THR Muckingabout's THR Recovery Thread

    Happy Holidays to you too @muckingabout. Also to @beachgal @MajorHeidi @NoraJ . I hope you are all well. Been a long long time.
  5. grnplatebrd

    THR was on the fence now on the other side!!

    @rettabetta Glad to hear you are doing well and congrats on your 6 month mark. We are really close in our surgery date. Funny how all of the sudden, time has seemed to fly by. I hope your discomfort is only a blip on the radar as times goes. I consider lots of these little things just part of...
  6. grnplatebrd

    THR Long, Long Wait - Rhonda K's Recovery

    @Rhonda K I just caught up with your thread and you really sound like you are doing well. How have things gone since the last update? You mentioned to others about not being discouraged about progress in slow times. I second that, speaking from my recovery and talking with others not on BS, a...
  7. grnplatebrd

    THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

    @MajorHeidi I categorize a bunch of sensations during recovery into just part of process, nagging things that are annoying but should fade with time and strength. Yup, that is my story and I am sticking to it. My L4/L5 flare up for a bit after certain exercises, like bridges and other stretches...
  8. grnplatebrd

    THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

    Greetings @MajorHeidi I hope 2015 is treating you right so far and your body is feeling good. I think I have a bit of that L4/L5 flare up. I will see what the OS contributes as far as info, but with any luck it will fade with exercises like you have done
  9. grnplatebrd

    THR Xtina16405 recovery thread

    @xtina16405 You sound like you are recovering really well. Been a while since I have read up and everything is cruising a long for you. I believe I experience lots of the little nagging sensations you speak of and they do all seem to melt away. I am sure you have heard it from others, but you...
  10. grnplatebrd

    THR My 'Everything Will Be Alright' Recovery recap - THR on 30 July 2014

    OK, been so long, it might just make sense to just start over…except for that pesky hip replacement. Things are going well. I hope all who read this are doing well too, I found myself in an unintended hiatus from Bonesmart and general updates. I have plenty of family members still waiting for...
  11. grnplatebrd

    THR Happy for any advice!

    @Carriemay60 Hello, I have been a tremendous slacker with updates. I hope you are doing really well and continuing with your Physio progress and muscle building. Any new progress to report? Hope so. Be well and I hope 2015 is a great recovery year for you!
  12. grnplatebrd

    THR Muckingabout's THR Recovery Thread

    @muckingabout I hope all your holidays were wonderful for you and your family. Sounds like you are doing fantastic. Been skating at Canalside yet? ;) That looks like a very cool attraction in Buffalo. Happy Belated New Year to you as well! Have you resumed most of the activities you were hoping...
  13. grnplatebrd

    THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

    @beachgal Sounds like you are still doing great. Enjoy Paris and your pain free hip while painting the town
  14. grnplatebrd

    THR My 'Everything Will Be Alright' Recovery recap - THR on 30 July 2014

    Thanks @CanukTriMom @toohip . I appreciate it. I was wiped out yesterday, but recovering today. No extra hassles from the hip, just a good old fashioned cold with a serious headache. I hope you are both feeling good and enjoying your weekend. One more day of rest and I will be ready to pick up...
  15. grnplatebrd

    THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

    @beachgal Blue Ridge Pkwy must be spectacular right now
Back
Top Bottom