THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @dickinson
So glad you stopped by .... Devorah to say hello!
I am doing pretty nicely right now; just completed 12 Physical therapy sessions for the lower back L4/L5...
Pretty similar to hip exercises, along with some stretches that feel good, actually ( hamstring, knee to chest, and side to side knees to table).
it has helped a lot.
No more groin pain. woohoo!

The hip itself is solid, and I am very happy.

My new pain friend is my left foot (bone on bone first metatarsal area).
Podiatrist said no surgery til one year out on hip replacement ( April ) .....

News seems to be fairly peaceful in Israel for now. I hope it continues...
Peace and Shalom for all
:GB house:
 
So sorry to read you have foot pain Claire, pleased that your hip is doing well :)
 
Merry Christmas Clare...do hope your foot pain goes soon...love Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Merry Christmas Claire @MajorHeidi and all BoneSmarties!!

:santa hug:​

I have some time off and do plan on :sneaker:. I so miss so many of you. . .

Claire, I was visiting you here after a therapy visit today. I've been having back issues . . . . I started hurting about the 9th of December and it continued to get worse. Finally, made call to OS and they fit me in last Friday on the 19th. He recommended a month of therapy to see if same old back issues that were totally gone for 8 weeks after surgery were still hip related. He seems to feel they are. My original arthritis diagnosis mentions L4-L5 but the therapist today seems to feel SI joint again (I had injections for the SI joint back in July and it helped). Feeling somewhat relieved as an enemy I know but, ug! This getting old thing is . . . well, getting old!
 
@MajorHeidi

Claire

Just dropping by to all my bonesmart friends' threads to wish a wonderful holiday season! Thanks for all your support during my recovery this Fall.

Hope Santa was good to you!:box::santawave:

Cheryl
 
Hey Cheryl @CanukTriMom and Sheryl @Me2 !
Thanks for the well wishes! Glad you are doing well, too!
@Me2 Sheryl, the PT I have done for the Lumbar 4/5 really felt good.
Mostly stretches (knee to chest/ hamstring/ knee to each side... and then some traditional hip stuff) . I feel the stretches for 30 seconds each rep
felt good and made me feel better. ie, eliminated groin pain and some wierd pain in the rear of the thigh.....

Also, made me recognize that stopping the PT exercises was not the right decision ; even though I was 'over it'.

So, I am pleased you BOTH are doing well! Keep up the good work, and keep up the occasional exercises to contain the arthritis demons.
 
Just popped by to wish you a Happy New Year Clare @MajorHeidi
Hoping we can all say bye to our aches & pains in 2015.... Love Chrissie x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi Claire @MajorHeidi Just thought I'd drop in and wish you a Happy New Year, hope 2015 is happy and HEALTHY one. I've just read back through some of your thread, I have discomfort (hate the word pain, the most overused word in English after "hate", lol) in EXACTLY the same places you describe. I see Josephine said the "back butt/leg crease pain is piriformis syndrome... it's what she told me too, must be something in that :heehee: and my OS said the front leg/pelvis near the "bibbly bits" :giggle: pain... which is more tugging and less aching than the one at the back is the iliopsoas tendon - he can do a tendon release op, but won't until 12 months out, but thought that PT would help and could solve the problem... seems as I've got 12 months to wait, I'm giving it a try and it is getting better - but sloooooowly. I have DDD in the spine too, L4/L5 are the "favourite" spots for it apparently, they have the combination of weight bearing and flexibility that make them prone to wear and tear... arthritis! I read that the PT you've done for your back has helped with the piriformis/hamstring issues, I am going to give it a go as it's still, quite literally, a pain in the butt for me and marring the rest of my recovery.

I have a foot issue too! My bunion (which is pretty enormous, 20 years in the making :snork:) is really aching, I can't have it removed now as the bones in my foot are too arthritic to repair... the only option is a fusion of toe to foot, meaning I'll never be able to bend the foot again, more importantly (for me) never be able to wear heels again, so aching bunion and me are best buddies for the forseeable future:rotfl:

Anyway, I'd like to thank you for your support over the last few months, it really does help to have it

Donna xx :SUNsmile:
 
@craftdee Donna! Hi!
Yes, Happy Happy Happy New Year 2015. Let's hope it helps us all feel better and have a nicer year.

It sounds like our pain areas are very much in sync.
I do want to mention that the tugging area in the iliopsoas pretty much subsided with the
DDD L4/L5 stretches and exercises in PT. Its gone most days; on occasion I will feel a twinge of it.
Perhaps you can do these, too to avoid the tendon release.
My OS said this pain (for me) was caused by the L4/L5 referred pain. (Not true pain in the hip or muscle, but kind of like a person who loses a limb still feels pain in the lost limb that is no longer there). :oyvey:

Stay in touch, and let me know how you are doing and what helps and what does not...... :friends:

Hi @Hoppy Nanny and Happy New Year to you, too.
I wish us all the best for this new year. Hope our knees hold out..... :sick:

Hi @Me2 Happy New Year to you!
I am reading with interest your travails with the SI joint.
My L4/L5 acts up, too.
I look forward to hearing what you find out and can do about alleviating the SI pain.
:friends: Hugs....
 
@MajorHeidi Happy New Year! What is it with for pain these days? I completely forgot I broke a bone in my for about 8 years ago (thanks to Legos and marbles left on the floor) until it started to hurt last week. I'm afraid to even mention it to the doc- after this past year I don't want to think about arthritis in my foot!
 
Hi @PuppyLove Happy New Year to you , too!
You are so brave doing both knees at one time. Whew.....

I hope for both of us in 2015 that our feet don't give us any barking. :dogsniff:
 
Greetings @MajorHeidi
I hope 2015 is treating you right so far and your body is feeling good. I think I have a bit of that L4/L5 flare up. I will see what the OS contributes as far as info, but with any luck it will fade with exercises like you have done
 
Nice of you to look me up, @grnplatebrd !
I wish there was a fairy that could do away with L4/L5 OA...... I wish, I wish, I wish....
All the best to you in 2015!!!!
 
Star light, star bright, I wish I may I wish I might . . . maybe if we all wish together?
 
@MajorHeidi I categorize a bunch of sensations during recovery into just part of process, nagging things that are annoying but should fade with time and strength. Yup, that is my story and I am sticking to it. My L4/L5 flare up for a bit after certain exercises, like bridges and other stretches that stimulate that area. After a bit they generally fade for me, still would be great to not have them at all. I will bring them up with the OS in a couple days and see if he has any insightful info other than 'just keep working at it'
 
Admin notice:
Please stop using multiple tags - they are not designed to be used that way and will get corrupted if they are copied and pasted.

Members who follow your thread will always check in to read a new post.
 
I wish there was a fairy that could do away with L4/L5 OA...... I wish, I wish, I wish....
At least we are all in this together, and found this wonderful site to share our experiences with each other
so we are NOT alone.

Claire - How are you? I saw you stopped by just now.

It is wonderful to have others to share these experiences!

On the hip front, I remember quite awhile back we were comparing our numb areas to the outside of thigh from the incision --- I've been thinking of touching base with you about whether you still have the numb areas? Mine are still there - The left (first) side hasn't changed since about August and the right caught up with it before the holidays. BUT for some reason, both sides have been incredibly itchy where its been numb. When I mentioned the left side still being numb after the second surgery, he did say I probably would not, but still a chance, get feeling back. Its not usually bothersome, more a curiosity. Anyways, long rambling over, do you still have numb area?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom