THR was on the fence now on the other side!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@toohip, that's amazing. Congratulations on your taking advantage of your new found mobility, as well as waking up some muscles that went on hiatus. I feel the same.
 
@toohip, yay! It's amazing what you are doing so soon after your surgery. Congrats! Isn't it awesome to be off restrictions? I have weakness in my adductors, piriformis, and external rotators. Working on them slowly. Hope you see improvement on crossing your legs and sleeping!
 
Hi @cthipster ! Congrats on your progress!
Today makes 8 weeks!! woohoo!
Finally the walking feels even! I'm still on one crutch, but I feel that it is time to ditch it.
I do feel stiffness every now and then but lately I've been feeling some inner bone pain/ muscle pain.
It is a tolerable 2 in pain level. It is getting colder in the city so I shouldn't be worried.
@toohip , are you doing TRX exercises in your rehab? I still have not done water exercises.
I'm mostly doing land exercises that allow me to use my body weight. I'm doing squats/air pushups using the TRX rope..no lounges yet.
The incision is finally closing. I still have a scab at the tip of the incision.
I could probably go in but I feel better with full skin healing.
I'm glad that you all are doing well!
Sometimes I wish we all can have a skype party just so I can give a toast to everyone approaching their milestones!
 
Hi @rettabetta - Good to hear from you!! so happy that you are doing so much and feeling so good! I am not doing TRX exercises...I do a lot of stepping and strength building exercises...I might try some yoga this weekend. Glad to hear that the walking is even...mine is evening out too...but sometimes I still have the limp (it's from memory only, since both legs are even now). I got a little depressed the other day, when someone in a store mentioned I limp, they said 'bad ankle?'...It really bummed me out when people mention my limp...the only good thing about it, was that i was treated with expedited service at airports, lol. Hubby and family say it is nowhere near what my gait used to be before the surgery, so that lifted my spirits.
My incision is fully closed, but sometimes i do have some pain and hardness near the incision (I think it needs to be massaged, lol), I am walking a lot and have much more energy than before, since the pain is gone.
A skype party would be fun!! I've never tried skype yet!! I go back to work soon in a couple weeks, ugh...i'm getting used to being home (and liking it, lol)!! Did you go back to work yet?
 
@toohip, you can massage your scar and break down the scar tissue. I see a guy who does Graston technique to break down the scar tissue. It's helpful.

Your limp will go away with time. I had my second THR on July 21, just a few weeks ahead of you, and I'm not limping anymore. :)
 
Hi @cthipster - thanks for the info...i'll talk to my PT group about it...they have trainers, chiropractors, acupuncturists, etc there. My kids will be home this weekend (can't wait), they haven't seen me in about 4-6 weeks...so i'm sure they'll be excited hanging with the 'new' me. lol. They left for college after my 1st week from surgery...so a lot has changed. Hope your daughter is enjoying college so far.
 
Hi @rettabetta , this may be what is causing your "inner bone pain/muscle pain. Ease off these exercises for a bit and see if things settle.
@toohip Yes! I've returned to work. It took awhile to transition back, I must admit I loved being at home.

Wow... Feb 7 makes 6 months!!!! I actually "forgot" about my surgery.
I'm not at out the woods yet.
I had swap out yoga to foster a dog that I ended up adopting.
I'm kinda of selfless but putting the dogs needs before me is helping me oddly.
So I walk every morning and every night.
I did have moments (3 so far) where I felt sudden discomfort while walking.
I would suddenly limp. no 9, 10 pain but a mild 1 in pain level
I would correct myself by walking really slow until my walk felt normal.
Sometimes sitting down will correct the discomfort.
Good thing that the subways and buses are easy to find in the city.
I do not know if i should call it a "soft dislocation" but my 6 month check up is next week and I will talk to my doctor.
I've been layering up lately and I'm awfully afraid ice. Other than that, I'm fine.
 
I do not know if i should call it a "soft dislocation" but my 6 month check up is next week and I will talk to my doctor.
If anything was out of place you would not be able to move and sitting down would not ease the pain. You may just be widening your stride causing the muscles around your hip to work in new ways. Easing off and walking slower and with a corrected gait seems to help.

So happy you adopted a four footed friend. Caring for an animal can indeed put a whole new perspective on things. Great update @rettabetta . Let us know how your appointment goes.
 
@rettabetta Glad to hear you are doing well and congrats on your 6 month mark. We are really close in our surgery date. Funny how all of the sudden, time has seemed to fly by. I hope your discomfort is only a blip on the radar as times goes. I consider lots of these little things just part of the nagging small stuff that seem to sort themselves out as our body improves. Like you say, not quite of out of the woods entirely, but I expect the next 2 months to be another level of recovery. Be well and keep on living as it best fits!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom