THR Xtina16405 recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same to you tina. Mind you.I'm.the original accident prone person. So much.so.we.had a superhero fancy dress party I went ad Oooooooooopsieman

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@xtina16405

Hi from a very on snowy Ottawa Canada. Finally getting a chance to send you a note wishing you a wonderful Holiday Season! Hope that Santa was good to you!:santawave::box:

Take

Cheryl
 
[Bonesmart.org] Xtina16405 recovery thread


Happy New Year to all my BS friends. Make 2015 a great year.
 
Ooooer a blank.page just like ma brain cell. Happadoody new anum to you toooo tina

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Week 13 . . . Well my time off is coming to an end in a week. Blessed for the holidays because it had allowed me some extra time off. Part of me is ready to return to regular life and part of me wants to still recover.
I see the OS on 1/12 for what is supposed to be the 12 week check in. There is no reason for him to release me to work. My OS believes in 12 week healing after hip replacement.

I have been very blessed because I have been healing pretty well. I followed the BS mantras. I took it easy and let my body tell me what it needed. I read other threads of people ahead of me so I could learn. Thank you all my BS family. You truly helped me to heal which is still continuing.

I do still have aches in my leg. All muscles related. My main issue is my outside knee of operated leg. It is very painful. I bought new shoes yesterday. I had new shoes right after surgery, but they were a size larger than I wear for swelling. I now have new shoes the right size since I have no swelling. I also purchased new shoes for work. Who doesn't love buying shoes? Hopefully the shoes help make a difference.

I am trying to figure out if I have leg length issues. Some days I feel normal and other days I feel off. Yesterday when I put on my new Skechers, I felt a little lopsided. Not sure if it was just getting used to the shoes or leg length issue.

I walk daily. My scab FINALLY fell off last Thursday. A bath was the first thing I did. Hopefully that will help the knee and muscle aches. Now swimming will begin.


I
 
1/12 appointment came. I saw the OS. We took X-rays. He says my leg looks great and he was impressed with how well I was moving around. I told him I did have muscle soreness in my outer knee, outer thigh and glut muscle. He said it takes about a year for all the muscles to recover. If I still have these symptoms after a year, they will be with me forever. I told him I will do everything I can to not have these pains. He smiled.

I was released with a solid bill of health and I see him in 1 year. After my visit with him, I went home to relax for my last day. I took a bath last night in Epsom salt. I found an Epsom salt bath with eucalyptus to soothe and relax your muscles. I woke up with minor muscle pain. I was so happy.

So today I went back to reality. My first day back at work. I am exhausted. I worked 8 hours. No restrictions per the doctor. I had great energy all day. When I got home, it hit me the exhaustion.

I am off for a good rest to start the routine all over again. I am happy i only work 4 days this week.

I hope everyone has a great week.

Kristina.
 
Great but sorry about the exhaustion. It is a funny thing this healing thingy it does keep saying hellllllooo
Good for you tho i envious you are back to work
 
Well ,my first week back at work is behind me. I am happy my second week is only 4 days too. I started strong on tuesday. I felt great all day. Wednesday was tough by 4 pm I was done and exhausted. My son had a basketball game that night too. I got home at 9 and went straight to bed. Thursday came. I felt good until 4 pm again. I wanted to fall asleep at my desk. Another early bed night about 8:30. Friday I made it through the day just fine. I was happy for the 3 day weekend. Back to the grind this week.

One thing, I sleep great. So grateful for sleep. Before surgery I was up every few hours because of the bone on bone pain. I can't believe how great sleep is now. No pain to wake me up. That I am grateful for.

I hope everyone has a great week.
 
Well.done a brilliant attitude pulled possitive out of soooo tired. Sleep is our every chased dream. Wish I.cld zzzzzzzzzz oooops

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@xtina16405 You sound like you are recovering really well. Been a while since I have read up and everything is cruising a long for you. I believe I experience lots of the little nagging sensations you speak of and they do all seem to melt away. I am sure you have heard it from others, but you are on the right path and soon all your muscles will feel more like how you want them too. Keep on your exercises the best you can too, returning to work full time took a toll on my stretches in the early days, but the more you can keep them, the better you will feel. Keep it up!
 
I have been back at work for 4 weeks and it has been 19 weeks since my surgery. Amazing how time flies.

It took about 3 weeks for my energy level to return. The one thing I notice is sleep. Before surgery, I woke up a lot during the night. After surgery, I sleep great. I was so sleep deprived before. Today, I may wake up once due to nature calling. Or not at all. I love sleeping now.

After returning to work, I had no energy to exercise. I would try to get up early to walk or walk after work. No energy. This week, I am back walking and what a difference it is making.

I have this pain down the outside of my hip. It goes from middle of outside thigh past knee. Since walking it is going away. And I work hard to make sure there is no limping. I put a lot of focus on my gait.

It is amazing how good I feel. Morning stiffness is there and if I sit a long time I get stuff. But overall, I feel great. Amazing how this surgery gives you your life back.

I won't be playing softball anymore. The doc said no jumping or running or sliding. So I decided to hang up my cleats and play it safe. I am walking and will return to yoga this weekend. Try it out and see how I do. I swim. I bike. In two more months I will return to my Zumba class where my instructor has already told me she has great exercises for me to do when they do the jump moves. Life is returning to normal and I am so happy.

19 weeks ago I was in pain and the thought of walking was agonizing. Today I looking for new ways to experience my new hip.

Thank you to all my BS friends. You helped me through it all. Thank you.
 
Sheeeeeesh what an imspirational report for anyone unsure as to benefits to surgery. You are a star well done you have grabbed hold of life with both hands.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Glad to see you are doing so well. I agree on the sleep!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
5.5 months since my right hip replacement. Amazing how fast time has gone by. It seemed that time would never get passed the first three months. Here I am on the other side and feeling pretty good.

My doctor is very conservative. For the first 6 months, I have only been allowed to walk and swim and do my PT stretches and exercises. I am looking forward to April. I have missed yoga. I love stretching and it feels so great on my quad, IT band, calf muscles. Especially my IT band which is still sore post surgery. I enjoy the meditation part as well. It will be here before I know it.

I am working full time. I walk daily, stretch and do the strengthen exercises that PT gave me. I have a massage at least once a month to prevent scar tissue. It feels so good. I still have to,focus on my gait. When I get tired at the end of the day, I sometimes limp. I am grateful for my friends and co-workers who will point it out. I guess limping for two years is sometimes a habit that is difficult to get rid of.

I hope all my BS friends are doing well. I can say that life on the other side is definitely better and I have no regrets.
 
Fantastic @xtina16405 - can you believe it is over 5 month? Seems like just yesterday. So glad you are doing well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom