Guest viewing is limited

THR Muckingabout's THR Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I somehow lost track of you all and am so happy I noticed the recent updates -- I had to go back to mid October to see all the wonderful life you've been living! So good to share this wonderful new life with others who appreciate the marvel of this new "super power" of walking pain free!
 
Hi @muckingabout!
It was great to read your update. You're truly on a great journey. I'm doing fine...still pain when standing or bending but we'll see what comes of it. I'm trying to do as much as I can within reason. Whether I need more physio or the second hip done I don't know yet. But I am looking forward to the Christmas. I've a week and half off for the holidays and I'm heading to Kerry for the New year... A nice fresh start to 2015!

Enjoy the holidays and family time!

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
@muckingabout

Just wanted to stop by to wish a wonderful holiday season! Thank you for all your support this Fall during my recovery, it was really appreciated!

Hope Santa was really good to you this year as you deserve it.:gbh::santawave::box:

Hugs

Cheryl
 
@muckingabout I hope all your holidays were wonderful for you and your family. Sounds like you are doing fantastic. Been skating at Canalside yet? ;) That looks like a very cool attraction in Buffalo. Happy Belated New Year to you as well! Have you resumed most of the activities you were hoping for? Within reason…any still on your list to come?
 
Wishing you the best on this beautifully, sunny Valentine's Day from the Gulf Coast. Hope all is good in your world, my friend.

JB


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hey everyone,

Hope everyone is still enjoying their new hardware. I was working about the extreme cold. But no problem. And I went kick boxing for the first time this week.
 
oh good for you on the kickboxing @muckingabout !
I have been doing aerobics, and we do a segment with boxing. They do a kickboxing move,
and I just kinda still do a half-effort on that; it scares me that the move is radical
to my implant. Is it okay???
 
I got my leg up as high as I was comfortable with, but I didn't impact the heavy bag. I also didn't want to jump rope, so they had me do something called mountain climbers.
 
Kick boxing very impressive muckingabout nice to hear you are enjoying a sport you like.

Billy
 
We actually went kick boxing as a team builder for work. Yoga is more my thing. I go 3x a week. I'm still marveling at how easy it is to walk. I tromped from a friends's house to a coffee shop a mile away last week through poorly shoveled sidewalks:)
 
Walking is easier for me than those blasted stairs. I still have trouble with them.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Here I am almost a year out, walking as far as I like, hiking, kayaking, doing lots of yoga.

I'm popping in today because I went to Shakespeare in the Park last night. It's always the highlight of my summer and I had to skip it last year because walking across the uneven grassy surface was just unbearable. Last night I not only walked easily and painlessly across the grass, I easily walked several blocks to our parking spot.

New things to be grateful for every day


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @muckingabout
Great to hear you news. I did not know you last year but reading your post bought tears to my eyes but then I am 2 days past an op. I think it's wonderful to hear these little snippets.
 
Great for you!

Thanks so much for popping in and updating how you feel about the THR after about a year...that shows "light at the end of the tunnel" for many of us just starting our recoveries.

Awesome!
:)
 
Soooo good to hear!!! Ohhhh can't wait till I can do all the things you are doing!!! :)
May I ask about yoga? How long was it till you could go back? What type do you do? I prefer vinyasa yoga for my workouts and relaxation stretching for hard weeks. I have so little flexibility in my operated leg at 1 mos out from surgery, it's hard for me to imagine returning, and harder to imagine returning to the level I used to do ( 1hr of cardio style vinyasa yoga 3-4x/ wk, 1-2 relaxation stretching sessions.

Thanks and best wishes to you!


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom