Guest viewing is limited

THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@beachgal.....I'm so envious...that bath tub looks great. I'm frightened of getting in....just in case I can't get out!

Asheville looks sooo cosy...enjoy! X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal Great updates and you have been on some adventures, both out of the house and within your own bathroom. Great to hear and keep it up. Nice photo too, you make a lovely couple!
 
[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Happy Halloween from the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway! Hip is keeping up the pace but thighs are sore!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
First snow of the season overnight in Asheville! Wet floors and icy sidewalks abound! Yikes! I don't know who is more nervous, hubby or me! So we've had lunch out, back in front of fireplace, and ready for some MS football! We ran into friends from the Gulf Coast who will join us to cheer on our teams tonight'
[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @beachgal - Looks beautiful!!! do you mind me asking where you're staying in asheville, if it's hotel? Thanks
 
The Inn at Biltmore Estate which is a beautiful spurge for us! With the planned trips canceled over the summer with my THR, our travel funds didn't take a hit! Well, until now. :-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow...looks beautiful. But I think I would be terrified too! I was talking to my friend in Chicago yesterday and it was snowing there too. The poor kids calling were frozen. Meanwhile it was 18°c here and wet...

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
We'll leave for home tomorrow morning. With the time change, we will make better time but the rainy weather and low temps, we may have to wait until it warms up a bit before it's safe to drive. No prob! It's been an amazing few days in a place so different from home but equally beautiful.

A few observations to make this nonsense BS worthy....I've still got some healing to do. I have run the roads with the best of them but I can't climb steps like I should and my muscles are still weak. BUT, zero hip pain! We have stayed on the go and I'm so happy with what I've been able to do but I want more!! I know, just my human-ness showing. So SO happy I had this surgery!!

Y'all, there is a life we're meant to live. If hip pain is preventing you from living it to the fullest, it's time to make a change!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Just a few observations from our road trip. I can drive 10 hours of an 11-hour trip. With breaks. And cruise-control. I didn't even think about taking my cane. I realized I left it at home when we got to Atlanta. I didn't think about it again. I'm still very slow on stairs, especially when there are a massive amount to do at once without a landing. I just smiled at folks when they assured me they were in no hurry. I ordered a pair of rainboots to take to Paris in January after experiencing the snowfall in Asheville. The heavier tread will make me feel more confident. I was exhausted after each day's worth of sight-seeing and playing but I wouldn't have been able to do any of it without THR.
 
Glad your trip to Asheville was enjoyed. The snow is too early!!!! ugh.
I liked your pics. Thanks for sharing.
 
Oh @beachgal it all looks so fab... 'specially to an Aussie chick!! Beautiful autumn colours (my absolutely favourite season!) then proper snow on proper fir trees:wowspring:I am from England originally, so I do "know" snow, but I left when I was 13 so probably didn't appreciate its beauty... my Mum reckons I didn't "appreciate" the difficulties it brings either:rotfl: My eldest son and DIL went on a ski holiday to New Zealand (before babies came along, lol) and he rang us from Queenstown, said he was loving it, but didn't realize how wet it would be... he had put their bags down on the snow when they got out of the car then put them on the floor of their unit; the snow melted and left a huge puddle and wet clothes... I don't know what he thought it would be like, but I suppose he IS an Aussie and hadn't considered it:heehee:
Glad you were able to drive so far... I can't "do" 10 hours anywhere! Hubby wants to go to Europe, has for years, but the thought of flight does my head in, 20 hours in a huge thermos with no winding down the windows!!
My youngest son was in Paris in January a few years ago, he rang us from the Eiffel Tower when it turned midnight here to wish us Happy New Year, we asked him how it was "fabulous, I'm freezing my butt off" - significance of this is that we bought him thermal underwear to take with him (he toured Europe from 26th Dec to 25th Jan so we knew it would be cold) but he thought it looked "daggy" and didn't take it so he was very fashionable... and COLD:rotfl: He caved a few days later and bought some long johns - now THAT's daggy!
It's good to know that your operation was all worth it... I hope I get that "NOW I know why I did it" moment, it must be very rewarding. At this stage I find steps easier than slopes if I'm using a crutch, not a lot of difference if I'm using the cane or not using anything... just as slooooooow either way:snork: I am starting to try to use my operated leg to step up, it doesn't hurt it just feels odd really as I have used my good leg going up for years, likewise going down using the good leg first feels alien.
Nice to hear of your adventures:cool:
 
I hope I get that "NOW I know why I did it" moment, it must be very rewarding.

Oh, yes, I am starting to get those! I keep thinking back to last year and remembering all the things I avoided doing --- even 20 days after surgery -- I can do things I couldn't do last year -- why I can even almost put on my own shoes and tie the shoe on the old surgery leg foot -- maybe tomorrow I will be able to tie both! And just think of the holidays coming!
 
Oh @Me2... I am so jealous that you have no restrictions - I don't know if I can put shoes on or tie my shoelaces yet, I'm not allowed to bend for another six and a half weeks!! That's probably why I'm not really "feelin' it", nothing's changed except the location of the discomfort!
One day, I know not long now, blah blah
 
@craftdee I can never comprehend the differences in surgeons and approaches and restrictions for after THR surgery . . I do admire the fortitude of those of you who work with the restrictions for so long to get good outcomes -- but bottom line . . . we know there is an end to this recovery, we know we will have a much better life, and we know if we can do this how much stronger we will be physically and mentally.

Today, celebrate those little accomplishments -- I got my own panties and pants on today and only had to ask hubby's help to put on surgical leg/foot's sock because I was running late and feeling lazy!
 
Flood of emotions today. Hubby and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary. We have a three-day seminar in the Jackson area so we're back at our little home where I recovered after THR. It's the first time I've been here since I was released to go to our coastal home and I broke down when I saw my recliner and this wonderful place of healing. I feel like these walls are hugging me and giving me a "thumbs up"!
[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal

I can see you smiling from here! Nice to be home isn't it. Snow.. don't even have that here in Ottawa, Ontario Canada. Loved those foliage pictures

Hugs

Cheryl
 
@Me2

The bigger accomplishment is you got them on the right side in and not backwards! I have been known to do one or maybe both of those things during recovery but I am blaming the drugs:rotfl:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom