Recent content by Grammy59

  1. Grammy59

    TKR Brand New Day!

    Hi Heidi, hope you are doing great with your last knee surgery. I loved the picture of the fall colors that you posted. I would dearly love to live on the water somewhere. Anyway, take care and behave yourself so this knee will be as wonderful as the other.
  2. Grammy59

    Bilateral TKR My recovery thread.

    Hey Debbie, long time no see. After reading your recent posts, I hope you are feeling better. I'm doing OK, right knee is still lagging behind the left. It still pains me to go up steps, but hopefully that will get better with time. I had surgery to repain my left shoulder 2 weeks ago, am...
  3. Grammy59

    Bilateral TKR Eastside85: On The Other Side

    Hey Barb, I'm so glad you are doing well. My right knee sounds so much like your left, guess it's just going to take it a little while longer. Glad Hudson is doing better. Sometimes you just don't think about something the mother eats or drinks upsetting the baby through the breastfeeding. I...
  4. Grammy59

    Bilateral TKR I Wanta Put on My,My,My,My,My Boogie Shoes

    Hi everyone, I know it's been a while, but wanted to stop by and update. I'm 4 months out now, and doing well. My right knee still gives me some problems, but nothing major. Left knee is doing great. Back pain is still an issue but maybe soon it will ease up. AND I had surgery 2 weeks ago to...
  5. Grammy59

    Bilateral TKR My recovery thread.

    Debbie, I feel your confusion. After surgery, I believe our muscles are like they have not ever been used. We can exercise them every day, but when we are not exercising, like at night, they go back to the way they were. I'm certainly no expert in this, but if we continue to exercise and do...
  6. Grammy59

    Bilateral TKR Eastside85: On The Other Side

    Good morning, what a beautiful day!! Thank you God! I'm so glad you are doing better and are able to enjoy that little cutie pie! There's not a feeling in the world like it, is there? It's hard to describe to someone who is not a grandparent. It's wonderful that you live close to your daughter...
  7. Grammy59

    Bilateral TKR KNEE, KNEE, HOORAY

    Hi Lee, great to hear from you. When you tell me about your knees, it sounds like you are talking about mine. I have to stop and remember it has not been 3 months yet, so with that in mind, I think we're doing really well. Mine were really stiff yesterday and my shin bone hurt worse than the...
  8. Grammy59

    Bilateral TKR KNEE, KNEE, HOORAY

    Hi Lee, hope this finds you doing well in the slow lane of recovery. How are your knees progressing? Mine seem to be doing OK, one better than the other. I know, it just takes time, right? Take care and hope to hear from you soon!!
  9. Grammy59

    Extreme pain 5 month post op

    You poor girl, you have definitely experienced cruel and painful treatment from someone who should know better. Please, please do not go back to him, ever!! There is no cause or excuse for this kind of abuse. You are doing really well, recovery is very slow, I know, I had both knees done in...
  10. Grammy59

    TKR Whimsy's Recovery Thread.......

    LOL!! I would have gotten in that little car any way, too, so as not to be dragged!! Too funny! I know you had a good although tiring day. Catch up on your rest and such tomorrow afternoon. There's nothing like seeing wonder in the eyes of your grandchild, is there? Take care, whimsy3.
  11. Grammy59

    TKR Whimsy's Recovery Thread.......

    Great news, girl!! Glad you are doing so well, keep up the good work. Seems like when you get to the point that you can do some of the normal things, you feel so much better! Take care.
  12. Grammy59

    Bilateral TKR My recovery thread.

    LOL Debbie! You are a hoot!! And yes, you certainly deserve to show off your new knees. So who cares if you are loving all the attention, bask in it while you can!! Glad you are having a great day, hope you continue to have them. Take care, and good to see you!!
  13. Grammy59

    Bilateral TKR Eastside85: On The Other Side

    Barb, he sure is a cutie, and a good size baby, too. Glad your daughter is doing OK. Sorry to hear about the issues with your left knee. My right knee is the troublemaker. Hopefully we will both see improvement and both of our knees will be on the same page. Take care, and keep us updated...
  14. Grammy59

    Bilateral TKR My recovery thread.

    Hi Debbie, haven't checked in with you, how are you doing? I read that you will be starting outpatient therapy, hope that goes well for you. I hate that you are running a low grade fever. Just enough to encourage that yucky feeling. Hope that goes away soon so you will feel much better-the...
  15. Grammy59

    TKR Whimsy's Recovery Thread.......

    I was the same way. Could go all day and not eat, and when I did, I would just eat a little. I actually lost some weight(not near enough). Just in the last couple of weeks, I find myself wanting to eat everything that is not nailed down. I'm going to have to watch out or I will gain back the...
Back
Top Bottom