Bilateral TKR KNEE, KNEE, HOORAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lee, hope you are having (have had)(I get confused about the time difference, is it Sunday morning or Monday morning there?) a good weekend. Are you still doing OK? Sounds like you are progressing nicely and I'm so glad. Take care-talk to you again soon. Hugs hopping your way!!
 
Hi Deb, lovely to hear from you, it's Monday 1:10pm here, had a quiet weekend, not much happened, what with, napping, icing, some exercising and a little walk outside, not much but passes the day.
I'm still not sleeping that well but I guess it's early days.
I hope you are not stressing too much, you will be fine, just remember it's a slow process and we have to have patience.
Love & Hugs Lee:friends:
 
Just popping in to let you all know how I'm doing.
Every day is totally different, some good some bad, yesterday was my 3rd week, and it was my worst day pain wise, I'm having trouble regulating my tablets, as I take a slow release 'Targin' x2 a day and Panadol x 6 per day, it's just a matter of getting the times right and trying not to let one wear off.
My walking is going very well:yay: , left knee is still very stiff:umm: but right is better.
I guess it's a long drawn out process.
Hope all my BS'S are doing well.
Love & hugs
Lee:friends:
 
I guess it's a long drawn out process.
Hello Lee! Sounds like you are doing just as expected!! Definitely good and bad days. And you hit the nail on the head..it IS a long drawn out process. Here I am 10 weeks ahead of you...and you would probably be amazed at what I can do compared to you...but I keep getting antsy and am ready to be completely healed! I find my bad days are because I've overdone it the day before. I think I've been 95% positive through this journey, but for those times I've had a bad day and a few good cries...it's because I feel like I'm not progressing like I should...and that's because I've overdone it the day before and my knees hurt and I can't move as well. As soon as I've rested and iced for a day or so...I'm back on the go again and so very thankful for these new knees! So take it easy and let your knees heal. Hugs to you!
 
Hi Lee just catching up on your posts. Glad to see your coping well. I take one Targin at 8am and 8pm and panadol osteo at 8 am, 2pm and 8 pm. I also take 1 tramadol when I have my PT session or when I have a big day ahead. Not sure if that will help you. I read tramadol can affect your sleep so I try not to have one at night after reading that.

All the best :friends:
 
Hi Lee, Hope you're well? You've passed the 4 week mark and I wonder how you're doing. I see the temps in Tassie are getting cold now. We've had miserable weather in Brissie, although today we have a beautiful sunny day, but the wind is keeping temps down. More rain predicted for later in the week. Just so unlike our beautiful Sunshine State . Our motto is "beautiful one day, perfect the next". Can't say that at the moment. How is the recovery process going after the fires? All going well with the knee, we hope to get back to see Port Arthur (which we missed whilst in Tassie in Jan, due to the terrible fires), later in the year. Hubby and I both have birthdays in Oct, so we might treat ourselves then, and have a long weekend. Fly into Hobart, hire a car and then drive down to P.A. Is the weather still a bit cool at that time? I hope you're managing Lee and each day is getting better. I still have problems with my kneecap which is hampering me, but on the whole I am doing great. Take care. Jenny :SUNsmile:
 
Hi Jenny, lovely to hear from you, my progress is slow, some days it seems like I'm going backwards, I also have a funny thing happening in my left knee it's on the inside just below the kneecap, it's stopping me doing my bending, as it's a sharp pain and feels like it is locking up, guess I have hurt the ligaments or muscles, I sometimes get very restless in my sleep and I could have possibly hurt it then. What's going on with your kneecap??
Yes weather is off and on we have had some really nice days but then we get a cold snap, October is a bit of hit and miss sometimes, could have snow but also warm days, Port Arthur is such a beautiful place.
All the people effected by the fires are still trying to get their lives back, but it's very slow for them.
Have been hovering in the background, reading a few posts, a couple of ladies have just had their OPs but haven't heard from them for awhile, hoping they are coping well. It's a hard road:beg:

Take care
Lee:friends:
 
Hi Lee, I know it must be hard for you having the two knees done at the same time. Just think, when they're healed, that's it, all over red rover!!! Life will be great for you. I had similar to what you're describing, in the inner side of the knee, although I can't say I had sharp pain, it was just very tender, and whenever I tried to bend the knee back, it would hurt and I'd have to stop. Suddenly at about week 7, it wasn't so sore when I bent the knee. When I told the OS he said I would experience pain there because of how they cut and then flap this over this way and that over that. So hopefully it'll ease soon for you. I don't know what's going on with my kneecap, but it's very annoying. I see my physio on thursday so I'll have a chat with him. OS said it would take time to settle. Just got to let it take it's time. You take care and keep your chin up. Jenny :puppysmooze:
 
Hi Lee, Haven't heard from you in a while. Just checking up on my Tassie Bonesmart friend. Hope you're doing well. Take care. Jenny :puppysmooze:
 
Hi Jenny:friends: , I have been having computer problems and I haven't beable to post, but it seems to have righted it's self.
Sounds like you are doing pretty well from what I read, I'm also having problems with my left knee behind knee cap and still with the inside of the leg, also experiencing lots of shin pain with left leg, the more I do the worse it is.
As they say long, long process unfortunately.
You are doing so well to be able to go back to work, if I was working I still wouldn't be able to do so, stairs are still one of my problems, but have been getting up and down from the caravan, we are hoping to get away Thursday for a few days I know it will be cold but have a great heater in the van so shouldn't be a problem.

I have also been going to the Therapy Pool and doing exercises, just love being in the pool it's so warm and relaxing, my PT said I'm doing well.

Take care, don't work too hard...
Lee:)
 
Lee, lovely to hear from you. It'll probably do you good to get away for a few days, althoug bit cold down there in Tassie. A change of scenery is just what you need. So sorry to hear you're having some problems with your left leg. We tend to get frustrated with our knees, but I keep telling myself that it can take a year. The pool sounds good. I wish we had a therapy pool nearby. There is a heated coucil pool close but it's hard to get a quiet time - all the littlies have swimming lessons. I love a relaxing soak in the bath - always feel good afer that. If your PT says you're doing well then that is terrific. My PT keeps reminding what I used to not be able to do and what I can do now. We are progressing and it is good to be reminded of that sometimes.Our poor knees have been through so much trauma it is going to take time. I hope you enjoy your few days away and the knees behave themselves. Keep warm. Take care. Jenny :SUNsmile:
 
Hi Lee, hope this finds you doing well in the slow lane of recovery. How are your knees progressing? Mine seem to be doing OK, one better than the other. I know, it just takes time, right? Take care and hope to hear from you soon!!
 
Hi Deb, lovely to hear from you, sorry it has taken me so long to reply to you, but for some reason I can't reply from my laptop it just won't let me, so have to log onto our main computer.

Any way sounds like I am doing similar to you, one knee more difficult than the other, I'm still very stiff and worse on some days than others depending on what I have been doing. I have been having massages on my legs now for a couple of weeks and I think it is helping with stretching out the muscles, also going to the therapy pool for my exercises and that is really nice.

It's Saturday afternoon here so just relaxing around home, we have been having some terrible weather of late, very windy and lots of rain, but today the sun is shining and it's lovely just sitting in our courtyard and lapping it up.

Let me know how you are going, I still think it was worth getting both done at once but I guess it will be a long road to full recovery.

Hugs Lee:friends:
 
Hi Lee, great to hear from you. When you tell me about your knees, it sounds like you are talking about mine. I have to stop and remember it has not been 3 months yet, so with that in mind, I think we're doing really well. Mine were really stiff yesterday and my shin bone hurt worse than the knee on my right leg. But it seems to be better this morning. And I agree with you, I'm glad I had both done. It sounds so wonderful where you are, it's always been my dream to visit Australia--maybe some day! Hope you have a wonderful weekend-hugs across the ocean!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom