Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Eastside85: On The Other Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Barb
Glad to hear that your progress is going well and that you will have some time with the new grandson before you go back to work :yay:
The baby is such a cutie
 
Great post! It is good to hear how well you are doing and enjoying your Hudson. I really enjoyed my time off, pretending I was retired, but alas, the clock is ticking and I am soon to return to work. Enjoy you time!
 
Good morning, what a beautiful day!! Thank you God! I'm so glad you are doing better and are able to enjoy that little cutie pie! There's not a feeling in the world like it, is there? It's hard to describe to someone who is not a grandparent. It's wonderful that you live close to your daughter so you can be there for her. Of course, it's just as much for you, right? I love just holding and snuggling with our newest grandson. They grow out of the baby phase so quickly, enjoy each and every minute. Hope your knee continues to improve. Take care and love on Hudson--that may be the best therapy!! Hugs and congratulations to your family.


Hi Deb! Thank you for your kind words ... and you are absolutely right - such a joy it is to hold that sweet baby, it's been so long, but memories come back, of when my daughter was that age. It's been fun, for the most part, Hudson is a good baby, just this past week, he is crying and fussing more than he had at first, I'm not sure if he's just growing so fast, he can't keep up with nursing, or if he is dealing with gas (my suspicion) but was wondering what your experience with a 3 and 4 week old has been, and if you have any home remedies that might help. In Germany, a tea made of caraway seeds is knows to be helpful, so I've been making it for my daughter to give him with a small dropper, and she thinks it does help a bit. But deep down, I think it's just the way these little babies have to get through the first few months, until all their little systems are running smoothly.

All in all, this has been one of the happiest times in my life, and I'm taking full advantage of every minute - as you say, the time flies by so quickly, and when I go back to work I will not be as available to step in and help.

Best wishes to you, hope all is well - big hugs!!

:friends:
 
Thank you Joan, for the congrats and good wishes! I am so busy right now, there is little time for anything but taking care of my daughter and grandson ... as much as I can. It's been so incredibly encouraging to see the pain dissipate almost completely these past days, and the left leg has been doing much better, since the swelling has gone down. I'm feeling really good and strong and hope you are as well!

Best wishes ~ :friends:
 
Puffin and Ready ~ thank you both, as well, for the nice Congrats and good wishes, it's been a whirlwind for sure, but such a loving and positive one, that I don't even mind the work and running around. It's been a confirmation that recovery is ongoing, because every day gets easier and I can't wait to see where I am at 6 months. I think I'm going to join a gym - I gave up on PT, just not necessary and no time really - and utilize the bikes and other things that might help strengthen quads etc. Although I have a feeling what I'm doing right now is doing the job!

Best to you both - keep up that great recovery!

:bicycle1:
 
Hi Barbara, just catching up! I went on vacation aug. 3-19, then my 9 year old gs had appendicitis surgery last Friday, and then Jenny had the baby yesterday, so August has been a whirlwind! I'm glad to hear you are doing so well and getting to enjoy little Hudson. Adorable pictures! Thanks for asking about ours.
 
Janet, sorry to hear your 9 yr old GS had to have surgery, but glad all went well! Your new grandson is adorable ... :)

My two sweeties were here yesterday and little Hudson was back to his old self ... calm and happy. It turns out it was the one cup of coffee my daughter was allowing herself in the morning, to help with the fatigue that sets in during this phase, it's hard to function with the lack of sleep, esp. the lack of quality sleep. We had discussed this on Wednesday, he was a bit of a terror that afternoon, and was fighting sleep, so by means of elimination, she decided to not have any coffee and boy did it make a difference. I don't think every baby is this sensitive, but he sure is.

I walked stairs a bit too much yesterday, and forgot to ice in the evening, and left knee is swollen this morning. I also had some pain last night, but was too tired to get up and take any meds or the ice packs. Definitely makes a big difference, but no surprise there. Icing right now, and has helped already ...

I'm getting ready to head over to their house, it's amazing how much I crave seeing that baby, and holding him. Such a joy and miracle they are! :)
 
So I had my 5 month follow up appointment with OS yesterday, and all looks well! I am going back to work on Monday, and while I certainly would love to stay home and spend all my time with my daughter and grandson, I almost look forward to the routine that working brings to life, and seeing the coworkers again etc. I don't look forward to the stress, and from what I hear, there is plenty going around right now ... as in "waiting for the other shoe to drop". Oh well, I do have the option of retireing if I chose to, and that might be what I decide at beginning of next year. It's hard to give up the nice fringe benefits ... but we shall see!

I will check in from time to time, as schedule permits. It's been such a help to have you all here to cheer me on and share in my ups and downs, and the encouragement and wisdome you shared has been irreplaceable.

I am so very glad I had this surgery, and told my OS yesterday. He seemed very pleased to hear it, I think mostly patients share their problems, not so much their extreme pleasure of the benefits. I can walk, stand, sit, carry heavy things, without pain. I do experience stiffness and swelling, and sometimes pain after a long day, but those are nothing compared to what I dealt with before. We mustn't forget that, though it's easy to do, when caught up in the moment.

Take good care!!
 
Hey Barb, I'm so glad you are doing well. My right knee sounds so much like your left, guess it's just going to take it a little while longer. Glad Hudson is doing better. Sometimes you just don't think about something the mother eats or drinks upsetting the baby through the breastfeeding. I made the decision to retire from my job. I will be 60 this month, and I lost my Mother in August, so I just decided life is too short and I'm going to enjoy mine while I can. I had my left shoulder repaired two weeks ago, so now I have both shoulders and knees fixed I think I might be bionic!! You take care and try not to overdo. We are still early in our recovery, so it's easy to do too much without realizing it. Happy Fall to you!!
 
Hi - I haven't posted in quite a while, so much going on and life just too hectic. I have been on personal leave from work, and moved my Mom in with me last month. She is getting very fragile and forgetful, and needs surgery for Cataracts. It's scheduled now for Sept. 16 and the other eye on Sept. 30. Hoping that this will eliminate some of her fears, and allow her renewed independence.

@Grammy59 - Deb, so glad you were able to retire, and hope all is going well! I have developed some pain in my right leg (the good side) and it's been so frustrating after feeling quite good, and being back to work since September.

Had my 1 year follow up appt. in early May, all was good then. Then walked up the stairs with grandson in my arms, at my daughter's house, her stairs are quite steep, I'm very short, and I think the incline, with the added weight, "tore" something in my right knee/leg.

We shall see …
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom