Recent content by gaelan01

  1. gaelan01

    Bilateral TKR Wheels Up!!!!

    @WestTexasGal I went from hospital directly to home in 2.5 days without issue after my BTKR. Mind you I did have in home nursing and PT set up rather than a rehab facility. My wife did take a week off of work but after that was on my own other than the home nursing/PT and some visits from...
  2. gaelan01

    Bilateral TKR Wheels Up!!!!

    Westtexasgal, Congrats and welcome to the other side. Glad to hear all has gone so well!:yes!:
  3. gaelan01

    Bilateral TKR Brian's Bilateral

    It's been some time since my last post but now 7 weeks post op and things have overall gone well. Some minor issues with a leaky incision on my left knee, which turned out to be a stitch coming up. A quick trip to the OS took care of this including a prescription for antibiotics. The only...
  4. gaelan01

    TKR Graduated!

    @jmdearras good luck with your OS appointment today, cant imagine your OS will be anything less than thrilled with your progress
  5. gaelan01

    TKR Graduated!

    @jmdearras I dont think you have to prove anything. You have made an amazingly fast recovery, despite the bone headed PT you appeared to have had. Its been a relatively short time since your surgery and considering all the activity you subject your new knee including walking for miles, its not...
  6. gaelan01

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral post op recovery

    @nanachic australia , I know exactly of what you feel with concrete knees. I likened mine to having a metal coffee can around each knee with duct tape to tighten them. I'm a litttle behind you as my BTKR was Sept 14th. I can however say that each knee is feeling more flexible and fluid with...
  7. gaelan01

    Bilateral TKR Brian's Bilateral

    Three weeks post op yesterday and recovery is going very well and without many issues. Week 2 post op had staples removed from my "bad" left knee while the right knee had glue. Incisions looked clean, little bruising and only some swelling around the knees joints. I was able to stop narcotic...
  8. gaelan01

    TKR New knee for me !

    Just had my staples out today..... got home and right into the:bath: shower......it was glorious....
  9. gaelan01

    TKR Slainte's Big Adventure

    @Slainte wishing you a successful surgery and speedy recovery it will all be worth the effort!!
  10. gaelan01

    TKR Graduated!

    @jmdearras I kinda know where you are coming from and have shied away from posting too much on my personal situation for the same reason. Mind you everyone who has made the difficult decision to have a TKR or BTKR did this knowing that there were some risks but that the choice would eventually...
  11. gaelan01

    TKR New knee for me !

    @Lili great to see that you are doing so well, your rom is amazing. I had some minor seeping on one incision and the dressing was replaced prior to discharge and nether the nurses nor OS were concerned. Both legs were very warm from the start and this should be just normal healing. They are...
  12. gaelan01

    TKR Graduated!

    Prior to surgery I had a chat with a doctor friend bout types of anesthesia and being awake or not. I think I was generally ok with being awake until he started to talk about flying snow. :holysheep: Dont know if he was spoofing me but that was enough Did not want to know anything.....just...
  13. gaelan01

    Advice on BTKR anesthesia and pain management

    @BusterBeans welcome to Bonesmart, this is one of the essential places to learn about, what to expect about surgery and your recovery. Many have already made valuable comments on your recovery. The only addition to this would be that your only responsibility is follow the Bonesmart mantra...
  14. gaelan01

    TKR 8 Month Update

    @Majic I had a flu shot in the hospital the day after surgery and was offered by the hospital. Have had no issues and now about 2 weeks post op.
  15. gaelan01

    TKR Graduated!

    @analysta I would agree that numbers whether artificial or true permiate the system and form the basis of progress which can be used to justify or support actions. While changing the system will take some time in the interim the best guard for the individual patient is to be as informed as...
Back
Top Bottom