Guest viewing is limited

TKR Graduated!

ice what? both legs affected, and the knee is not swollen. the TKR knee is about the only part of both legs that feels OK.
 
I would say to ice and elevate the TKR knee because I would've had a lot of swelling with that much walking at your stage of recovery... but maybe you don't need it!
 
I'm not fond of ice and it's not swollen. But I am elevating it to be safe. I can slide my knee cap around laying on my back. I honestly think my extension is better, the back of my knee touches the bed, now. Also, I sat on the ground *almost* cross legged playing with my grandson and easily got back up, after warning my wife I might need the EMTs to come over! :)
 
Excellent thinking overall jmdearras!

I would have SO liked to have been semi-awake during the surgery.

I feel PT has helped me a lot, but everything depends on the quality of the PT individual. I, personally, seem to have lucked out. I would not say that in general PT should be avoided or stopped.
 
I would have SO liked to have been semi-awake during the surgery.
It was interesting, since I had already seen a graphic video. :) could have been scary otherwise. There was nothing to see, they were in a tent thing and my torso and head was outside.

As to PT, mine might have gone better except for the forced extension to 0 on the second appointment. I teared up with the pain. And he was number obsessed, it seemed to me.
 
Prior to surgery I had a chat with a doctor friend bout types of anesthesia and being awake or not. I think I was generally ok with being awake until he started to talk about flying snow. :holysheep: Dont know if he was spoofing me but that was enough Did not want to know anything.....just knock me out. Watching the you tube videos were good. I was very bow legged and there is one video of a surgeon pounding a rod down a femur to straighten......arggh. I asked my OS about this and he laughed, no we dont do that. They use comuter guidance and so each leg has two extra incisions where pins were inserted to line up with computer. @jmdearras just continue to be impressed with your recovery.
 
generally ok with being awake until he started to talk about flying snow. :holysheep:

He was kidding you. Nothing to see, they are in a special sterilized chamber wearing something like spacesuits. Your head and chest are outside. :rotfl:
 
I hope so. I really get no credit, it just worked out well for me. Plus I had several prayer groups praying for my successful surgery. To God the glory.
 
Absolutely! Prayers definitely help! Your active lifestyle and desire to get back to work quickly also play into your quick recovery time.
And for those families who you help daily, I say "thank you"! My daughter had an unplanned early am ped visit with her 20 month old and a breathing problem. So, please know that ALL of the family members appreciate you guys! So, keep that knee moving!! Good for YOU and them!!
 
I just hope no one takes my progress posts as bragging, though I certainly am pleased with it. But many of the other posters are humbling and remind me how blessed I am. :yes!:
 
And as to the Fair 5 mile walk, I am sure it helped my extension. Last night, laying on my back, my knee back touched the bed, for the first time without trying. Now tonight, it is solidly on the bed and my wife thinks it looks straight. I'm not sure about straight, but I do think I knocked a couple of degrees off it!
 
I know what you mean about almost feeling guilty for having had a fairly easy recovery. I wish everyone could say the same. I really credit the bonesmart mantra for mine. I took it very easy. I love it when being lazy wins the day. I AM envious of your getting up from the floor with no trouble. After I recover from knee number two (to be done this Thursday), I will attempt it. So now fess up - what's the most unhealthy thing you ate at the fair?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom