TKR Slainte's Big Adventure

@Slainte. I hope you have a nice reward waiting on the other side! My hat is off to you for your guts and determination. You have been extremely supportive of many of us newbies and we will be there for you, too!
Hugs from the Blue Ridge Mtns of NC
 
The good news is that my LTKR is still on for Thursday. The bad news is that my pre-op testing turned up a UTI. This happened in July before my RTKR, and it was a bit of a scramble then to get antibiotics rolling in time to be approved for surgery. This time, when I went to see my OS yesterday, I asked him to make sure my labs had come back ok. So he calls this morning and sends me to the same infectious disease doc I saw the last time. She said it is a slight case, and gave me some meds. She wanted me to go get CT scan but I asked if that could wait. I really do not have time for that nonsense right now. She was nice and said that they would just do it after my surgery. I have no symptoms. I am sure they are not making up my lab results but I can't help but wonder if someone has a boat payment due and they are trying to make an extra buck or two on the side!

It was no fun to drive through the several inches of rain that fell today. Thought I was going to stall out on one river-like roadway. I ended up not getting home from work until 9:30 tonight, and it looks like tomorrow will be at least a 12 hour day. Cannot wait for the oblivion of the surgery and pain meds. I am ready for a break!!
 
I hope that you don't have any other unpleasant surprises between now and Thursday. Glad it's a slight UTI and that they caught it in time for it to clear up before your operation. I don't remember, did you have a catherer the for your RTKR? I hope they don't tempt fate this time around. Insist on bedpans and supervised trips to the loo, OK?

How does your right knee feel? Are you worried about driving in pouring downpours and fording small rivers with a TKR that's three months old? I hope you're icing and elevating once you get home. Poor weather = more time seated on your commute. I hope your operated knee is holding up OK. Don't do any fancy dance steps like poor @Widget1 did during her close encounter with the thunderbolt the other day. Poor Widget, she may have given herself a stress fracture.
 
Good lucky with your LTKR tomorrow, hope all goes well and I'll look forward to your updates in due course. X
 
Someone has a boat payment :rotfl:! Thinking of you tomorrow, Jo! Sometimes I consider having my other knee done just so I can nap again (can't nap normally) and stay in bed, but then I remember my infection and go to bed early. Best wishes for an event free TKR.
 
@Slainte - You are so brave to endure another TKR so soon, and I wish you nothing but the very best of outcomes on your LTKR tomorrow! At least you won't have to do the commute for a little while, and hopefully the UTI won't cause any problems. We're supposed to get our couple of days of Fall weather this weekend (highs in the 80s instead of the 90s), and so the weather should be nice for you to begin your recovery process.
 
Sounds awesome. Good luck in 3 weeks but sounds like you won't need it.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Slainte, thinking of you! Hope the weather eases for your trip to hospital and back.
Prayers and healing thoughts headed your way! :flwrysmile:
 
@Slainte ! Wishing you the best of luck.. My first day back to work = your second TKR! :wowspring: You are one brave soul!!! You did great this time around and I'm sure it will be the same with your left. Sending hugs and prayers across the good ol' USA... Hope the weather cooperates for you!!! Looking forward to your update on the other side!!! :friends:
 
Wow, I am so astounded by the outpouring of support! I am so ready. My new right knee is as steady as a rock. The only time I remember it is when I get in or out of a car. There's something about that bending and twisting and sliding under the wheel of my little Corolla that is not 100% comfy yet. But when I walk it feels normal. I can sleep again! (I will miss that most of all.) Down 23 pounds from first surgery. Hope to keep going.

Worked another 12-hour day today, and I got everything caught up. Felt wonderful to walk out with a clear conscience. Just finished paying bills for the next ten days or so. Am hibiclensed, in clean jammies, on clean sheets. My sister will be on her way Saturday, and already has her "prayer warriors" on the job. My husband is primed to advocate for meds, if need be. If things progress like last time, I will be back home Sunday. Laissez les bons temps rouler!
 
Thinking of you, Jo. Laissez les bonne temps roulez, you wrote. I certainly hope that it is a bonne temps. Glad you have your husband there to advocate for you if you need anything, and your sister en route to give you a hand. Looking forward to hearing from you when you get a chance.
 
It is 4 a.m. and I cannot sleep because of pre-op anxiety (next week for me) Want to wish you the best and pray you have a great recovery with your 2nd knee. You are our first October Fiesty...so go get 'em!
Looking forward to seeing your 1st post op post!
 
Well you are probably in surgery right now or close to it. I will be thinking about you today. Many of us are facing a second TKR in the future. By the time you read this you will be done and on the recovery road and won't have to worry or think about the surgery. Hoping everything went as well as or better than your first!
 
I was thinking about you at work today.. I'm SOOOO hoping things went well today.. and will continue to go well with #2!!! :friends:
 
Dang, missed sending you best wishes before your second. You know I was thinking of you, but had to take my wife to PT for a "dry needling" session. You are probably on the verge of discharge as I type, so shoot us an update when you get settled in.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom