Howdy Karen and bonesmart folks! I've been out of touch for a while, wife having spinal surgery next week, working, and life took over and so my writing on all fronts has come to a complete stop. Yes, I am scheduled for surgery May 27th and I've gotten myself tracked in so to speak. I'm going...
Josephine, it's amazing isn't it? The healing process is like a mischievous jester or in the indian lore, the coyote..just when we think we have this whole thing dialed in, a bolt strikes out of the sky. It sounds like you have gotten a lot wiser this second time around...something experience...
Karen, reading your blog posts on Danny sessions gets me riled up! The more you find your voice and set your boundaries the better. A lot of us in the healing profession get off on being the "authorities" and take on the role of expert but after doing this so long it is full of ego. This is...
metalheart, thank you I'll be digging into that link this afternoon!
Jesephine, how cool is THAT! I discovered a study showing a particular anesthetic, when injected into the site, speeded healing of the first 5 days after surgery. I figured I had one over on the OS that I've been talking to...
Karen, your learning about your own responses for sure. It looks like even though it doesn't hurt to do those movements in the moment you may pay for them 24 hours or later..or sooner. Gosh, it's really a trial and error process. I guess the key is keeping the movement patterns simple and gentle...
Hi Oldrugbyprop! The digby scallops sound incredible...any cold water critter i'll go for. The florida fish are good, especially the red snapper and grouper but my boyhood in Maine, has me miss all those northern fish and shellfish.
Rum and scallops. Thumbs up.
Thanks trailsbud yes I'm keeping...
Karen, I'm quietly watching you and Texas T in admiration. You both seem to be tweaking things, and staying ahead of the pain and learning while your in forward motion. Inspiring. It's terrific to be in your recovery. Keep going you guys!
Thanks everyone. Trailsbud it's sounding more and more like your right in that the first few days, (especially after the personal pain numbing shot that almost every OS injects into the site before sewing up,) are simply no fun. And that goes for whatever kind of devise/technique is used. I'd...
Karen, how terrific your doing! I love the part about feeling like it's a dream. May you continue on your healing path and find yourself stronger every day.
You did it! Your helping me see that round the clock ice is pretty crucial. You are so blessed to have your knee feel natural. May your next few days be easy and low on the pain scale. Yey!
Kaw, I'm hoping that knee eases back down to normal...it should. It takes one overstep like Janet said to figure out your limitations and then you know..as in KNOW whats going to be too much. Every day that baby has to heal..on its own time and schedule. Best of luck. I'm cheering you on to do...
Gosh Karen, it sounds like your on a very good track. It's kind of neat to imagine that right now your body is healing itself on some very deep levels. The sleep is probably real important to that process. I hope things continue u for you in this direction!
Maggie thanks for reaching out. Onward you go, you've taken the bull by the proverbial horns and are dealing directly with your pain. I reckon you have been on this post a while and your about as ready as u can be. Listen I can easily, 5 months away, give myself a case of the jitters..maybe it's...
T, your idea of a neck-pack is brilliant! I'm trying to think of something to add to this discussion in terms of preparing for surgery and it's all here on this blog already. This, as they say is, "another growth experience!" I'll be looking for your thread on the other side. You're going to do...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.