Guest viewing is limited

PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep a journal of your medications and other items
That is really good advice from @lunula, I couldn't believe how easy it is to forget that you have already taken your meds. I used to start a new sheet each day and write down the time and dose I took. I'm sure it prevented me from overdosing :heehee:.
 
Hi everyone - so nice to see you all and the messages are very appreciated! Surgery is complete and they were able to do the partial - yeah!!! Pain is managed but I know it's early days - staying optimistic that is will stay that way. No nausea and not remotely sleepy - odd but I'll take it. All things considered- doing better than I had hoped. Must be all the good juju! Now if only my gluten free pizza would get here - I'd be golden.

@Maggie94 - you are up soon - hope you have the same experience! Sending from my phone so please ignore anything that doesn't make sense.
 
Welcome back Teresa, it's so good to hear that you are fine, and able to post so soon, I am impressed. Now, REST.
Xxxxx speak soon xxxx
 
Glad to hear you are fine. I had a partial nine weeks ago and it's been better than I ever expected. Good luck with your recovery
 
Yey Teresa you are thru it. Well done you. Early days yes but u r up for pizza...is that with wine LOL
Seriously hydrate rest elevate and meds. Sooo happy for you. Maggie xxxxxxx

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Although gluten free pizza kinda sounds about as appealing as eating sauce covered cardboard, that's great that you're feeling so good. Listen to the experts above; rest, hydrate and stay ON TOP of the pain (if and when it should hit) ~ remember it's easier to stay on top of it than to 'chase' it. I think the burning question on everyone's mind though is ....... do you have a catheter? An environmentally correct cardboard bedpan? :rotfl:
 
I love gluten. Two things in this world confuse me. What is gluten and what time is it in Sydney..now I know what my blizzard dinner will be tonite. A New York pizza with extra gluten..go Teresa

Vinny
 
you are funny Vinny - wait dinner - I'll join you:egypdance:just coming up 8am here Tuesday.. Teresa you go ahead and enjoy your pizza - HUGS!!
 
LOL - I actually thought the pizza was fine but I picked it mosdtly as the easiest thing to feed myself with making a mess. Not a normal appetite for me but I made a respectable dent.

No cath - haven't gone yet either and I've had an IV and a half - a coffee and a large diet coke. My goods are still under the influence of the spinal though so I think that's normal. Not being able to feel your bum is bizarre! I did make an attempt to use a bedside commode but nada. Wasn't too big of a deal to get up to use it though they wouldn't let me try to use the walker until LT comes by and they have not, as yet.

I've been in a polar care unit since post op - leg is flat and they don't want it elevated but it honestly feels fine and doesnt seem too swollen so I am content. Haven't had meds since dilauded in recovery at noon. It still feels fine though - pain is maybe 2/3?
 
Hi all! I've been texting with Teresa and she's still feeling no pain and not sleepy at all. Pretty amazing. I sure hope it lasts for her! Any who, she asked that I post for her as the hospital WiFi is cruddy and although she's been trying to respond to people, it keeps timing out on her :-( I'll update as I find out more in case she can't
 
Well done you!
The pizza sounds dire, but sounds as though you are doing great. Long may it continue.
Will be in touch soon
XXX
 
Thanks for the message Ellen.
Sleep well Teresa, we'll chat tomorrow xxxx
 
@lunula

Glad to see you...been thinking about you and your recovery. Hopefully you are getting a little better every day...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom