TKR Karen's Journey with ConforMIS iTotal January 20, 2015

I'm glad your home Karen! Let the healing begin. Hope you sleep tonight and your pain stays way down.
 
Karen, glad you are home and the pain has come under control. Do pay attention to how you feel after doing even "easy" exercises for 10 minutes 6 times a day. If you find yourself hurting or swelling, that means it's a bit much for this soon. Take things slow and easy for a bit to allow yourself to heal. Remember that you are in charge of your recovery program....you, and your knee, that is....:heehee:.
 
So happy that your recovery is going so well! A little bit envious, too, but I'm encouraged that maybe my 2nd one will be easier. By the way, who is your surgeon?
 
Hi @treypops, Got off to a rough start today. Slept through my 6am pain meds by an hour. Just now getting back on track.
I have been icing back and front. Helps a lot! Thanks
 
Good to know you're home. It's good you're sleeping but too bad you got behind on your dose. Do you set an alarm? I set one so I wouldn't get behind, though I usually woke up before it.
 
Hi @kneeper, I do set alarms. Don't know how I missed that one.
I've heen sleeping well. About 7 hours a night.
 
I find it interesting how people are affected differently by this. I never had to worry about sleeping through alarms because I haven't really slept more than a couple of hours at a time!

I am very envious of you being able to sleep.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Post-Op Day 3: January 23, 2015
Well, I missed or slept through my 6am pain med alarm and woke up at 7 with level 8 pain.
Luckily, I was back on track by early afternoon
The PT never showed up or called today. No biggie. I did two 10 minute sessions myself and that was enough.
While in the kitchen, I caught myself walking without the walker without even realizing it. Have to be careful.
The poo fairy finally arrived and not a minute too soon. I was getting very uncomfortable.
I took my first shower. I feel human again!
I'll be out of pain meds in 3 days, so I called the OS office for another rx. They will only give 60 at a time which only lasts a week. Have to get more before the sisters leave on Tuesday.
I'm taking oxycodone/tylenol 5/325, two every 4 hours. It's working great as long as I take it on time.
I've been sleeping about 7-8 hours a night. No naps during the day.
I just noticed today that I have some bruising on the back of my leg behind the knee, but nothing in the front.
@MotownGirl66 , surgeon is Gregory M Martin. He's the bees knees!
Best Regards,
Karen
 
Karen you seem to be doing well! I am amazed that you are sleeping so well during the night and to actually take a few steps without your walker, wow!! Glad to hear that things are "moving" so that you can be comfortable. Enjoy your time with your sisters and remember to elevate, ice and rest!!
 
Thanks @Blendab1 , No one is more surprised with my recovery than me!!
Hope it continues to go well.
I will misss the sisters. They are spoiling me!
Karen
 
You're welcome! You are inspiring me with your progress and I pray that my recovery will be just like yours!
 
hi @kaw205 I am thrilled that you are recovering so well - GO GIRL:yes!::wowspring:

Karen I am also enjoying your daily journal - it is interesting to read - thank you, please keep it up. Remember the mantra, take care of YOU, & listen to your body - big hug - Maggie x
 
Hi Maggie,
I have learned so much by reading others recovery journals, now it's time to pay it back. Also, it's good to document my progress for when I do #2.
I'm still doing well. Hope it continues like this!
Enjoy your last few days. Before you know it, you'll have two brand new knees!
(((Hugs)))
Karen
 
Wow - I think that's a pretty low level of pain meds you are on(could be wrong but I think so)...and it seems to be working as long as you stay on schedule - excellent news!
 
Hi @TexasTee !
My doctor is very conservative with pain meds :thud:.
The instructions on the bottle are 1 or 2 pills, every 4 to 6 hours. I'm taking 2 every 4 hours and if I'm a little late, I sure do feel it! At that rate, one rx lasts me a week.
On Monday, the sisters have to drive 40 minutes to pick up a new rx that will last me one more week. Geez!
Well, you are only two days away! All of my worrying was for nothing. Once I got the spinal, I was out until it was over.
When I got to my room, I tried to send a group text and kept falling asleep. Ended up taking me 2 hours and I don't even know if it went through, lol.
Relax and enjoy your last two days. You'll be on the other side before you know it!
Best Regards,
Karen
 
Gosh Karen, it sounds like your on a very good track. It's kind of neat to imagine that right now your body is healing itself on some very deep levels. The sleep is probably real important to that process. I hope things continue u for you in this direction!
 
Thanks @earthspa,
I overdid it a little today, just a little sore.
Today is my birthday and some friends are coming over for cake. I plan to sit in the recliner and ice my knee!
Karen
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom