Recent content by DWhit

  1. DWhit

    TKR Greetings from Maine: LTKR 17/07/2013

    *** It's my first kneeversary! WHAT an amazing and wonderful journey it's been! Sooooooo grateful to be walking without pain. I'll be celebrating on Saturday by doing something I *NEVER* thought I'd ever be doing again; I'm going back to the Maine Senior Games and competing in the 1500M...
  2. DWhit

    TKR Lovetoread's Recovery Thread---She is home already!

    Happy kneeversary! I'm a teacher and my first kneeversary is about a month away. What a huge difference it has made at school and in life! Like you, I thought I was going to have to retire early, and also like you, I've decided that the kids and my school are stuck with me for a while yet...
  3. DWhit

    TKR Ready To Move On

    Happy kneeversary, Ready! I know what you mean about it being hard to find time to check in on this forum. Teaching really does take all of one's energy, doesn't it? Isn't it great to be able to get about at school with no pain, though? It's made SUCH a difference for me. Enjoy your Montana trip!
  4. DWhit

    TKR Lovetoread's Recovery Thread---She is home already!

    From another teacher, same age as you, LTKR about the same time: That's WONDERFUL!!! Yay for you! Congratulations, keep up the good work, and thanks for being an inspiration! I've been treadmill walking too; not up to your tempo, but getting better all the time! Won't it be nice to walk outdoors...
  5. DWhit

    TKR Greetings from Maine: LTKR 17/07/2013

    SETBACK ... ugh!!! I was doing SO well, really felt about 100% back to normal, was even beginning to be able to take stairs! Then, last week ... a fall on the ice. Twisted my knee going down. (Can't be more specific about details on advice of counsel ... yes, sad to say, it's gotten to that...
  6. DWhit

    TKR Greetings from Maine: LTKR 17/07/2013

    Hi gang! I'm looking for advice on how to get better at taking stairs and curbs. Anyone have any suggestions? I stopped using a cane a week ago and can manage stairs now with a railing with difficulty, and with more difficulty if I'm carrying groceries, musical instruments, etc. When there is a...
  7. DWhit

    TKR Ortho dr or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Knee!

    Love reading your success stories since my TKR was a week after yours! All best wishes!
  8. DWhit

    TKR Surgery Went Well

    Wow, Trish! I'm a teacher and I can't even imagine recovering with a 2-year-old in the house! Sounds like you have great support from him and your wife though. All best!
  9. DWhit

    TKR Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!

    Janis, when I was where you are I wanted to sleep all the time too. Don't fight it; sleep is a great healer! All best wishes.
  10. DWhit

    TKR Greetings from Maine: LTKR 17/07/2013

    Wow, it's been almost two months since I checked in on everyone! I have been re-reading this thread frequently https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/healing-how-long-does-it-take.5424/ though over those two months, and have found the chart to be quite accurate! Well, to anyone who might be...
  11. DWhit

    Extreme pain 5 month post op

    Hi, Laura, I haven't been on here in several weeks and just read all your updates. So sorry you've been dealing with that horrifying treatment from that _______ of a doctor!!! How are you doing? Somewhere upthread you asked if people were at the point where they noticed a difference, felt it...
  12. DWhit

    TKR Ortho dr or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Knee!

    What's TENS? Mine was a week later than yours so that sounds like something to check out!
  13. DWhit

    Extreme pain 5 month post op

    I'm four weeks tomorrow, at 100 degrees, and my doc and PT are just fine with that. They want me at 120 eventually but said that there is NO deadline. (I asked!) SO sorry for what you have been through! That is AWFUL! That is NOT o.k. and bordering on malpractice!! "First, do NO harm." Find...
  14. DWhit

    TKR Lovetoread's Recovery Thread---She is home already!

    Bless you paras, you do SUCH hard work for such poor pay in most areas. I'm a teacher and am very grateful to have two more weeks of recuperation. I went to a meeting today, first time at school since my TKR. I managed the 18-minute commute fine but left the meeting after an hour and 15 min...
  15. DWhit

    TKR Right TKR July 10...the start of something big!

    Hi Dee Dee; my TKR was a week after yours so I can relate to so much of what you've said. The frustration of not being able to "go" right away, ugh. An apple with breakfast did the trick for me finally. And the impatience, the wanting to be at a certain number for flex ... I am blessed with an...
Back
Top Bottom