Guest viewing is limited

TKR Surgery Went Well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jane,

How do you keep from doing too much?? LOL I feel guilty if I'm not doing something.

I'll give him a hug! He's being all boy right. We're taking him to an indoor bounce house for his birthday next month. I hope he gets some of that out of his system. Thankfully I don't have to bounce with him. It's supervised by trained staff...though I'll be checking to see his face as he jumps joyfully around!
 
Trisha, glad you are doing so well! Jane is right, you can easily over to. I finished PT last week and yesterday was acting as if I had never had surgery. I woke up during the night with intense pain in my knee and leg. At 4 o'clock I will sitting in the living room icing my knee. I am at 12 weeks and did not expect that! I also had to take a Percocet. I am not discouraged. I see progress every day. It has been quite a journey!
 
Carolina girl a very good reminder of how easily it will sneak up, just when we think we're past it.

Thanks, I going to TRY to remember this.
 
Trish--I'm glad to have found your thread. You had your surgery a few days ahead of mine and we're about the same age. I've been wanting to connect. Glad your recovery is going so well! I'm grateful my son is now 20 and has been able to help out around the house and yard--I can't imagine a 2 year old! Sounds like we'll be returning to work around the same time-frame too (mid-November). I'm grateful to have a few more weeks to get myself ready for that! Robin
 
Hey there, Robin! Nice to meet you!

I may be returning to work sooner...mid October to the beginning of November. That's if my doc agrees and I can't imagine that she won't. My therapist has got me down to 1x a week on PT so that's a good thing. She says I'm doing well enough and I know the exercises to do so there's no reason I have to come more than that right now. After my follow up doctor's visit, we'll see where we go from there.

I wish Alex was old enough to help...as it is, he just provides comedic relief at times. :)

Trish
 
Work might end up being a break for you :) (just remembering my own active son at 2:dancy:). I have the option to return to work sooner, but have decided to take the full 10-12 weeks. I've always been the one to suck it up and go back to work ASAP, but this time I've decided not to. I have the luxury of leave accumulated over the past 26 years I've worked for my company, so I'm very lucky in that respect. Keep us posted!
 
Robin,

After today, you may right - I could use a break! Kate was doing homework all morning so it was just me and Alex. He really was good, but man, he did not nap nearly long enough!
 
Wow, Trish! I'm a teacher and I can't even imagine recovering with a 2-year-old in the house! Sounds like you have great support from him and your wife though. All best!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom