Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ortho dr or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Knee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love reading your success stories since my TKR was a week after yours! All best wishes!
 
Met with my Ortho Dr. this a.m. to do a post-op (almost 9 months) of my TKR knee and to take xrays of my other knee. Even though I do have some arthritis, bone spurs and gunk on the underside of my kneecap, the left knee hasn't hurt nearly as much since I now rely on my TKR knee as my 'strong' knee. We decided it certainly wasn't worth the complications of surgery to consider another TKR at this point in my life.

My TKR knee is fabulous! I take some tylenol for pain usually in the a.m., but not for my TKR knee - for my hands, back and occasionally for the other knee. I move with strength and without thinking about my surgery. It has truly been the best thing I've ever done. For those of you still struggling - know that it can be marvelous!
 
@Brithael I have truly enjoyed reading your recovery thread! I'm having my RTKA in May and praying I have a good success story. But I'll accept and work through good or bad either way. Best wishes to you!!
 
Yeah! Brit's back! Hope your winter in the southwest was nicer than ours here! Sorry you had to come home to crummy weather.:sad: Glad to hear your knee is feeling so great! Mine are, too! Sure glad I had them done. We'll have to plan a get-together with Karyn one of these days!
 
Good to hear your tkr knee is doing so great.
 
Had a great meet-up yesterday with @Lovestoread and @Lexismom . It's fun meeting people who've gone through the same things as you have and come out on the other side better for it.
 
Can't believe today is my Kneeversary! What a great year it has been! Love my new knee and never have a problem with it - no stiffness, no swelling and only very seldom do I have slight nerve pain. I was sooooo scared before, but am soooo glad now!
 
Doesn't it sound great to say you are a year out? Hard to believe, isn't it? Nothing stopping you now!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmartĀ®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom