TKR Ready To Move On

Status
Not open for further replies.
daughter stalker Thanks for the visit. I will have to buzz over and catch up on you and your shenanigans.​
​
I guess I am doing well. My knees do get swollen from all of the activity and my lack of rest , elevation, and ice. I don't have lots of pain, just that stiffness. I am sleeping well at night, which is so wonderful! Life is back into routine mode. I don't think twice about where I park or when I see a set of stairs. The worst thing is getting dressed/undressed when the knees are stiff.​
​
My days are full with work and kids' activities with little time to check in here, but I think of all of you often. Hope you are all doing well.​
 
Great report, Ready. I don't feel that far behind you with starting to forget about this "whole knee thing". It's nice to get on with life. I just wish I hadn't fallen so far behind! Thanks for checking in...great to hear from you!
 
Becca Toothfairy daughter stalker maddoxsmama Bionic woman2 Knee pain
Hello, Ladies. It has been such a long time since I have visited Bonesmart. Hope you are all doing well with your new knees and new life. Boy, once a person gets back to work, life takes off again--really fast. I must confess, I still overdo and get stiff when I get up from sitting. I am not 100% yet, but very satisfied with how I am doing. As I look outside, I see sure signs of winter approaching. A year ago, I was looking forward to winter so I could hibernate, put my PJs on when I got home from work and sit by the fireplace. This year, I am contemplating skiing.
What a difference a year makes. Take care all!
 
READYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :happydance: :happydance: We missed you.
Glad you're back in the land of the living doing your thing! I was just contemplating volunteering at my son's school for the IB Oral Commentary evaluation. My son is totally against it of course, :skep: but I need to get acclimated with school life again, since I'll be returning to work in December. I can sign up for the week before Thanksgiving break. Its only and hour and a half stint, so we'll see.

Ready to ski huh? :dancy: You GO Girl!

Enjoy your weekend, you've earned it! :egypdance:
 
Ready

Glad to see you are busy and happy and doing well this school year! :) I have to agree with you, sitting is the most difficult thing now. Who would have thought that?:SUNsmile: You are probably enjoying some nice cold weather and we are suffering through almost 80 degrees on Halloween...and it is raining! Take care and enjoy those shiny new knees! :flwrysmile:

Becca
 
Becca Nice to hear from you. I can't believe we are turning the calendar again. I had such a busy day at school--I set up the gym for Halloween with some fun stations and decorations. We turn the lights down low and the kids work like crazy. I do too with hours of set up and then hours of clean up. Wishing it was Friday! Do your High Schoolers get into Halloween? We live in the country, so no trick or treaters grace our door, but I always get some Butterfingers just in case.
Hope you are doing well.
 
Hi Ready, great to see that you are making such good progress.
I am doing really well and will be returning to work soon.
I am making the most of this last few weeks at home clinging tightly to my lovely cosy recovery bubble.
I will be 36 weeks post op on my left knee tomorrow and I was 9 weeks post op on my right yesterday. Over the past couple of weeks I feel that I have made significant progress each week.
Take care of yourself and continue to enjoy your new knees.
Hugs Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :yes:
 
Congrats! And best of luck on your upcoming return to work!
 
I hope you had a :mer xm: :huggy santa: I also hope you are doing well. Have a very :cheers2::martini::cheers2: Happy New Year!

:xmas-kitty:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Ready To Move On
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Ready To Move On
bottomshollow
 
Happy New Year to all of you! I have been so poor at stopping by and catching up with everyone. Life has me by the throat, which is OK. Soon I will celebrate 10 months for knee #1, and 7 for #2. They are much better than they were, but still experiencing some swelling after a long day, and stiffness when I have been sitting. Christmas shopping was a breeze! Walking is no longer painful! I echo what @Becca said: I couldn't have made this journey without the support of everyone here. I reall appreciate having a place to spend endless hours with people who understand and care. THANKS to everyone.

It is sooooo cold here. Our high temps have bee below 0 F. I often CHOOSE to wear my TED socks for an added layer of warmth and because they feel good. How weird is that? If I wasn't so keen on wearing them, I may have hung them over the fireplace for Santa to fill!

Wishing all of you health and healing in 2014. God bless each of you.
PJ
 
Greetings. I thought I would stop by a few days after the one year anniversary of LTKR. I feel so fortunate that my experience has been so positive. I have so little pain--nothing that a dose of tylenol won't help. The most noticable differnce is how I can take the stairs. I find myself jogging up and down. I have taken a few falls (one to each knee) because of my clumsiness and have had no issues. My OS even gave me the green light to go skiing. Our family will be going to Montana in a few weeks over spring break. Not sure how much I will attempt, but it beats staying home alone. @skigirl, you have inspired me to realize my life has a new beginning. If winter ever ends, I will take up long walks and biking.

I hope you all doing well. I couldn't keep up with the forum when life got so busy so, but I do think of all of the wonderful people here. Thanks for a year of support!
 
Sounds like you are indeed ready to move on with your life. I know how it is to keep up with this forum. So many new members coming in and old members slack off in posting (including me).. I hope things continue to go well for you in the future. Good luck to you and stop by once in awhile to say hello.
 
Hello!!! So good to hear from you! Sure sounds like things are going well for you! I, too, am doing well. Knee#1 has had it's first birthday, and #2 will follow in a few weeks. Hard to believe it's been a whole year! I keep trying to get back here to encourage others like they encouraged me, but life just gets in the way!

I can't believe what a difference a year makes. Stairs aren't the greatest for me yet, but I'm working on them. Going up is better than it's been in a long time, but going down is still a bit difficult for me. I can't believe, though, how much better life is without pain!! I truly am a different person now!

Hope school is going well for you. I have a wonderful class this year, and I'm so enjoying my job again! Can't wait to see my surgeon for my one year check-up.....He's going to be getting a hug from me!

Take good care, Ready. I hope things continue to keep getting better and better for you!

Dewey
 
Hooray for you, Ready! I know just how you feel. It's been 17 months already since my RTKR. It gets better and better! I hope you have a great time skiing.
 
Dewey, sounds like you are doing great too! Best wishes as you approach having the other one done.
 
Great report, ready!:cheers:
 
Congratulations @Ready on a great recovery. Have a wonderful time skiing. However much or little you do will still be a great achievement. Enjoy every minute.
Great to hear that you are doing well too @Dewey, I hope knee two goes well for you. I am the very proud owner of two TKR knees and would really recommend it.
Hugs, Toothfairy x
 
Happy kneeversary, Ready! I know what you mean about it being hard to find time to check in on this forum. Teaching really does take all of one's energy, doesn't it? Isn't it great to be able to get about at school with no pain, though? It's made SUCH a difference for me. Enjoy your Montana trip!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom