Recent content by Diane LTKR

  1. Diane LTKR

    TKR Diane's LTKR.....Done!

    Well, finished my first week back to work full time. I'm happy with how it went. I did find that I got pretty worn out by 3:30-4:00. I also had some increased swelling in my knee and ankle - but elevating and icing when I got home took care of that. Very little pain...maybe a 1-2. Mostly just...
  2. Diane LTKR

    TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

    Clara, so happy to hear your results were negative. What a relief. Enjoy the peaceful feelings this has brought you. So glad this stress has been removed for you.
  3. Diane LTKR

    TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

    Glad your biopsy is over. Hopefully you can have s restful, peaceful weekend.
  4. Diane LTKR

    TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

    So glad it PT went well for you and and that you stayed in control of the session. Success! Feel good.
  5. Diane LTKR

    TKR Diane's LTKR.....Done!

    @dianehelen you WILL get there. You're well on your way. Be kind to yourself and give your knee the time it needs to heal. It's hard, I know. But worth it.
  6. Diane LTKR

    TKR Diane's LTKR.....Done!

    @uva55 please put yourself first and take care of that knee. You have worked hard to get to this point and you don't want to mess it up. It's important to get up and walk at work...I learned that too. Won't be too long till we won't even think about our knees. Won't that be a glorious day!
  7. Diane LTKR

    TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

    Good luck with your PT eval today. You are strong. You will be able to handle them.
  8. Diane LTKR

    TKR Diane's LTKR.....Done!

    Just wanted to share a small victory. I will be 9 weeks post LTKR this Thursday. I am back to work and....here goes....I got up from my desk and started to walk down the hall and realized I had forgotten about my knee. It felt NORMAL! Now, I still get tired and if I walk a lot, my leg gets a...
  9. Diane LTKR

    TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

    @uva55 i had no discomfort at all following the needle biopsy of my thyroid nodule.
  10. Diane LTKR

    TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

    So sorry you had to go through that. It's over now so you will only continue to improve. Hope you have a good restful night.
  11. Diane LTKR

    TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

    I understand the cancer fear but my mom had ovarian and breast cancer and I had kidney cancer.....and the thyroid nodule was benign! Hold that thought.
  12. Diane LTKR

    TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

    Clara, I know this is a stressful and scary time. I actually went through a needle biopsy of a thyroid nodule about 5 years ago. I remember telling the doc that I was worried about the pain of the biopsy. Well, I'm hear to tell you that I felt nothing at all. I couldn't believe it was so...
  13. Diane LTKR

    TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

    @dianehelen just wanted to chime in on "the zingers." I have them too...probably a few times every day. Always very brief but they do surprise me. I just picture those little nerves in my leg wandering aimlessly around looking for their connection....and then they suddenly find their home...and...
  14. Diane LTKR

    TKR Diane's LTKR.....Done!

    Well, first day back to work is done. Went in for almost 5 hours. Sitting at home in my recliner now....icing and elevating. Not feeling bad pain wise...just tired. Going to take a nice long nap snuggled under my blanket. Not going in tomorrow at all. Probably will go in on Thursday for about...
  15. Diane LTKR

    TKR Diane's LTKR.....Done!

    @Celle thanks for the good advice. I plan to see how it goes and if I need to continue part time a little longer, I will certainly do that.we put too much into these new knees and recovery to mess it up now! @greatlakes that's so true and a funny scene to imagine. Thanks for giving me a good...
Back
Top Bottom