TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job at PT. Your ROM is wonderful. I had the same thing happen the first time I sat at the recumbent bike. I was caught totally surprised by going all the way around so soon. Twice a week is probably just right as long as you are careful about what you're doing in the way of exercises. I enjoyed getting out of the house
And talking to another human being since I live alone.
 
Diane, so glad to hear your PT went so well. Good for you sticking to your guns and not letting them be aggressive. Your numbers were awesome!! Embarrassed to say being one week ahead of you my friend I must admit I was jealous to see your ROM was so good as I am not even near 90 yet. Then I said to myself its my fault as I went to PT for 4 visits and allowed them to have their way with me aggressively. I live and learn. Seriously I am so excited for you. Great job now rest and ice that knee.
 
seriously, @thecoll i am living proof that less is more. Keep resting, do as little as possible, ice, elevate and I bet next week you will see big improvement. I think I baffled the pt girl, telling her how little I really do..
 
106! :happydance:Yippee! I'm glad you stopped at 3 min on the bike. Six is a bit much for your first time. But yay for you!!
 
So glad it PT went well for you and and that you stayed in control of the session. Success! Feel good.
 
Well done, Diane,for laying down the ground rules with the PT and having such a good first session. The way you are going you won't need PT at all, unless you enjoy it and feel a benefit. Keep up the good work, and rest and :ice: of course.
 
What an amazing account! If only all of us could be as smart and assertive as you, it would save lots of pain and suffering. I enjoyed going to PT twice a week because I liked my therapist and it was fun to watch others out of the corner of my eye doing all kinds of different things. It was an outing when I needed to get out. Have fun!
 
The only real smarts I had with this, was due to Bonesmart. Reading how so many let pt hurt them and instead of progressing, set them back. As well as watching others do so well with little, gentle or no pt. I am such a Bonesmart advocate, I tell everyone I come in contact with the incredibly wonderful & informative place this is. I am truly grateful for this haven of comfort & information. And most of all , all of you amazing people who share this journey.

Lets see what today holds. Mobil groomer coming at 10 to clean up my mangy dogs. Have some past their prime bananas, I see some banana bread in my future.

Have a pain free and healing day all!
 
I am still enjoying the banana bread I made from your recipe when it was first posted. I try to limit myself to one piece a day but it is hard to do that. So yummy!
 
Woot!! I have to say, I've followed your lead here and am so glad. The only time I've really suffered is when I deviated from BS way.

I'm so grinning about your progress.
Ice on! :)


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
Question:

When did you stop icing overnight?

I have pretty much stopped icing during the day, other than pt, or going out to dinner. But Im still running ice machine all night. Part if me feels if I dont, I will need it in the middle of the night, but part of me thinks to move on.
 
When did you stop icing overnight?

When I forgot to use it, or it was too much trouble to fill the machine.

If you have to ask you probably still need it. You are not quite a month out and are doing well, don't mess with success.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom