Guest viewing is limited

TKR Diane's LTKR.....Done!

@Diane LTKR
You've done fantastically well and your 6-week check up report was great. :yes!::happydance::yay:

You'll be going back to work sooner than the 12 weeks we usually recommend - Phased return to work
In view of that, it might be a good idea to continue part-time for a little longer, if you can.

Do be prepared for increased swelling and pain in your knee on the days that you work, and also to feel very fatigued. The post op energy drain will still be having its effect.. On work days, try not to do anything else, apart from coming home, grabbing a quick meal, and then resting, elevating and icing.
 
You know how they have recliners you can buy now with little built in refergerators? I'm picturing ones with little built in freezers, and you and your husband contentedly sitting in your recliners, elevating and icing together.
 
@Celle thanks for the good advice. I plan to see how it goes and if I need to continue part time a little longer, I will certainly do that.we put too much into these new knees and recovery to mess it up now!

@greatlakes that's so true and a funny scene to imagine. Thanks for giving me a good chuckle.
 
Well, first day back to work is done. Went in for almost 5 hours. Sitting at home in my recliner now....icing and elevating. Not feeling bad pain wise...just tired. Going to take a nice long nap snuggled under my blanket. Not going in tomorrow at all. Probably will go in on Thursday for about the same amount of time. This is doable! I am so glad and grateful to be where I am in recovery. Wishing you all a great day.
 
You are my hero. You are just amazing, I cant even imagine having to deal with working at a job after this. Have a good rest now.
 
Just wanted to share a small victory. I will be 9 weeks post LTKR this Thursday. I am back to work and....here goes....I got up from my desk and started to walk down the hall and realized I had forgotten about my knee. It felt NORMAL! Now, I still get tired and if I walk a lot, my leg gets a heavy feeling. But that's it.I am so grateful. Have a peaceful healing day my friends.
 
That's great Diane, it is hard to go back to work, at first, but it also feels to go back to normal routines, I had finally gotten to a place at work were my knee was not an issue anymore, I was making sure to get up and walk around once an hour or so, but the last two weeks have been super busy and I have neglected the knee and she is letting me know it...so starting tomorrow I will put myself first and make sure I take better of the knee. My energy is also taking a hit and I had been feeling pretty good, I don't want to loose ground.

I hope you continue to have amazing normal days
 
@uva55 please put yourself first and take care of that knee. You have worked hard to get to this point and you don't want to mess it up. It's important to get up and walk at work...I learned that too. Won't be too long till we won't even think about our knees. Won't that be a glorious day!
 
@dianehelen you WILL get there. You're well on your way. Be kind to yourself and give your knee the time it needs to heal. It's hard, I know. But worth it.
 
Not thinking about your knee! Wow, that's great!
 
Oh my goodness! I can't wait to not think about my knee(s). What a milestone you have reached! :)


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
Hope today is a zig for you. The back of my thigh had a prolonged zinger last night (of course I attributed it to invisible zombie attack). I rubbed it with arnica gel -- it was amazingly effective. I got it at Whole Foods in the "natural remedies" section. The CVS generic brand did nothing, but this stuff (Arnicare Gel) works.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
Well, finished my first week back to work full time. I'm happy with how it went. I did find that I got pretty worn out by 3:30-4:00. I also had some increased swelling in my knee and ankle - but elevating and icing when I got home took care of that. Very little pain...maybe a 1-2. Mostly just some stiffness by end of day. I continue to be grateful for the skill of my surgeon and God's grace in healing me. Have a great day!
 
I'm glad your first week has gone well. Make sure to give you knee some TLC this weekend and you'll be ready for the new week.
 
Sounds like you are surely on the way back to a normal life. I admire you for being able to be at work a whole day. I look forward to the day where I can sit with my leg down more than 30 minutes.

Have a restfull weekend, Im sure you know how fast they go!
 
Your healing is certainly a blessing!
 
Back
Top Bottom