Guest viewing is limited

TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. I wonder why. Possibly the fear of cross-contamination/infection.

I don't think you will have any trouble -- short ouchies and no more staples to snag. I have glue, so no staples for me. When I take out staples with a student, I always hold the patient's hand and scratch gently on the webbing between the thumb and middle finger (a pain "gate-control" technique. You can do that for yourself-- just scratch hard enough (like scratching a good itch, using the index finger of your dominant hand). You'll be SO glad those snaggers are gone! I hope you plan a treat stop on the way home? Some drive-thru icecream is sounding tasty to me :).


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
That should be "thumb and index finger"


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
I'll be saying a prayer for you at 2pm. You will feel SO much better with those things out! You'll be able to move without a constant pulling. Please let us know how you do!
Great news about exchanging the chair! Good for you getting someone to do it for you unlike me doing it myself and suffering for days! You are a smart woman!
 
Nahh not so smart, lazy, and fortunate to have a relatively strong husband and a strapping strong 30 year old son

Thanks for your prayers and good wishes, just about out the door. Gonna eat something then drug up for the event

I'll let y'all know how it goes after..
 
Ughhhh not happy. Appt was 1:50. I'm still in a packed waiting room. They tell me my dr runing 45 mins behind. I'm sitting here in pain trying to partly elevate on my husband's foot. But me & LOG are NOT happy campers. It's about 2:40 and no end in sight.
 
How inconsiderate these places can be. Did you take a crutch or cane? I prop up on those. Also, drag a chair over and put your leg on it. The heck with what people say. You are in pain and need to prop up. I've been there and I know what you're going through. Get that chair!
 
I hope you are home now, staples out and not too uncomfortable :)
 
You should be done now. It's all over with so no worries about this milestone.
 
I wanted to make sure you were alright before settling down for the night, but I'll check back in soon as I wake up. Hope you are ok. Night night.
 
Omfg. That was the absolute most painful thing I have ever endured. The staples not bad but the stitches. OWWWWWW omfg those stitches were embedded into my skin. The nurse who was doing it, realized it was over her head, and had the pa come in to do it. I was screaming and crying, god knows what other people thought was going on. And the very last hardest one, may have broken off a piece still under my skin. She said it's not a big deal, if it is, it will bubble up like a pimple or blister, just call and come in they will take care of it. I now have steri strips on it. Came home, took 2 oxy's & a xanax, strapped on my ice, and went to bed. Three hours later now back in my chair, up & iced,and just trying to relax

But on the good news front, doc said I was doing great, was impressed with my perfect straigh leg lift,0 extension and measured my bend at 92. He said I was ahead of where most are at 3 weeks.

Got the rx for pt, but doc really gave no input on it. Next day or so I'll think about what or if I want to persue with it

Rough day, the worst day of this journey. Im just drained from it.

Guess I'll think about having something to eat, since last I ate, other than crackers to take with the oxy , I have nit eaten since breakfast
 
So sorry it was that bad. I hated having mine out too. With the infection surgery I had 52 staples! The nurse said my OS loves staples. I was so bad about it and my incision started seeping again so they decided to leave the other half of the staples in another week. I kept telling myself that I could do this because I had already endured the surgeries, but it didn't help. Even with leaving 26 staples in for three weeks they weren't grown over.

If you're thinking about pt you can always call a few groups to see what their philosophy is so you don't get stuck with a stinker in case you go that direction.
 
Oh Diane, I am so sorry for what you went through. It didn't help that you had to wait all that time and probably were more swollen than usual. Did your doc tell you, you have some wine? I bet you need a glass now. But, you had some good news with your straight knee and fantastic ROM. You are doing better than some people at six weeks, me included! Get some really good sleep tonight. Tomorrow will be a much better day! And just think how much better next week will be without those stitches and staples!
 
OUCH! :gaah: Glad that's done & over with! Such a great report on your numbers!!! It's gotta feel good to be in charge of going to PT or not. I do think @KarriB is right to get info on possible PT places that believe in gentle treatment from TKR if you decide to go that way. Hope you get a good nights rest.
 
Ya trying to focus on the good. But cant get the image out of my head of her grabbing those tiny stitches and pulling on them to get under them and clip with the tiny scissors. Ughh. I guess I'll live.

Ok hubby just made me some soup I ate with half a croissant. Now just rest, ice, elevate.

Thanks for your support my Bonesmart Family. I love how we never feel alone in this.
 
So sorry you had to go through that. It's over now so you will only continue to improve. Hope you have a good restful night.
 
Diane, just reading about your staple removal sounds painful to me. So glad it is over for you. Congrats on your ROM, great job. I am 1 week ahead of you and not there but hoping to be soon. Can you now have a glass of wine? It will feel better now that the staples are out. So excited for you!!
@uva55 nice new profile pic, so pretty!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom