Guest viewing is limited

TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diane and @thecoll You ladies will soon start to feel much better, I know it does not seem like you may be improving, but I am sure you can tell the difference how you feel this week compared to last week, soon there will be more good days than bad, you are at the point now that even though you may be feeling better you are still very limited on the activities you are able to do without having consequences and that takes a toll on your sanity and emotions, we have all been there. Hang in there, the worst is over, I promise!
 
@uva55 you are always so positive. I love your spirit. Some of us really need to hear your comforting and supportive words. Thanks.
Diane, sorry you're having a down day.....what about one of those hemorrhoid or episiotomy rings, you know, like a doughnut ring, cut out in the middle and putting the cutout part under your hip indent? It's just a thought...laugh if you must. It might be helpful.
You know, the pain that feels like your pre-surgery pain, that's exactly the pain I'm having now. How weird. It's in the very place that I felt my knee pain before the replacement. I just realized that. Too strange.
 
difference how you feel this week compared to last week

That's kinda why I a bit discouraged, I really dont feel much improvement from last week. I did feel some from 2 weeks ago to last week, but really not much last week to this. Oh well not much I can do but keep moving forward.

very place that I felt my knee pain before the replacement


Hmm great.

hemorrhoid or episiotomy rings

No because that would raise both sides equally. I need to only somehow move the left side away from where the arm of the chair presses the painful hard scar tissue like a vicegrip. I tried @newlybionic idea of a small pillow under that hip, maybe helps a bit. If it's not one thing, it's two, or three, if five. Oh well.

3:30 today is pt eval. Should be interesting, or some other choice words I cant say here , but I'll just be strong and stand by ground.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[very place that I felt my knee pain before the replacement]
That is where I have felt a lot of pain all along. Not sure if it is associated with tendons/ligaments/ or what. Haven't been able to get an answer on it. Hope you are feeling better today.
 
I'm sure you won't let PT do anything you don't want them to do! Just be careful what you do yourself. In my earliest days I did too much and paid for it for days. It doesn't take make to anger the knee.
 
Good luck with PT. I give them the evil eye when I walk in and they treat me very nicely :). Except for weight-woman. I had to give her the double evil eye :).

I made my own hip pillow with one of those gel ice packs (at room temp). I was hurting my hip during knee elevation. Yesterday I got a gel pack you can heat and it felt amazing on the sore hip spot.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
@sheliac my hip issue is from a previou hip replacement, that ended up with 3 very deep repeat surgeries,for infection, that left me with a very deep permanent gash looking dent, with surrounding very hard, painful scar tissue. It's been a problem since, but now that I'm sitting in this recliner so many hours, the arm of the chair just presses on that area. Im sitting on a small pillow on that side, but it's still very painful & annoying.

Btw @thecoll I did try the deep blue rub on that area this morning, can't really say I feel any different so far. I'll try a few more times before making a full opinion.
 
I had read about your infection . I was thinking the gel-heat might help that painful area.

You just amaze me. You have this great sense of humor, even during your zag days.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
Remember you are the boss, if nothing else kick them with your good leg,lol
 
ok well I survived, and I am victorious :)

Went in, therapist , Amber, asked a bunch of questions, then I said, can I ask you a few, she said sure. I told her my specific ideology re pt, told her about bonesmart, and said if she can work with me and accomodate my wishes we can proceed, if not, I was not interested.

She said sure, but then said ok lets see how your knee is, can I bend it to see what your flexion is? I said, no, I will bend to my comfort level and did not want her to touch me unless I gave her permission to. She was ok with that. She asked if could test my strength, by letting her hold my leg and see if I can press to prevent her from pushing it, I said ok, and I did, and it was fine. She then measured my rom and it has actually improved from the last time the home pt guy measured. I was actually a bit surprised myself. it was 106/0, she said that was really good for 4 weeks.

Then we proceeded to the exercise room. She asked if i would like to try the recumbent bike, even to try and rock the pedals. I said ok, sat down, and again to my great surprise, I was able to do a full rotation. yay me. She set a timer for 6 minutes and said to see how I did. I got thru 3 minutes and it started to ache on the outside of my knee so I stopped. She had me do a few straight leg raises from laying down, I did about 5, then some hamstring stretches, sitting down, with my leg extended and leaning foward, which I do all the time anyway, when my back hurts from sitting in the recliner too long.

All in all she was very easy to work with, no pressure, and thought I was actually doing very well for where I was. I was pleased and told her why I was doing so well, because I was doing so little. She seemed very interested in bonesmart and may even come look at it.

So, my rx is 3x a week for 8 weeks. I told them I will go 2x a week, for maybe 4 or 5 weeks. She was fine with that too.

So, thats over, Im home, a bit achey, up and iced,in for the night.

Nice when something dreaded turns out not too bad..

Bonesmart ROCKS , I owe all my success to my knowledge acquired here from so many of you.
 
Great report, Diane. 3x week seems so excessive to me. 2X much more realistic. Your range is fantastic! You are becoming a Bone Smart poster child.
 
You did great! Good for you refusing to let her push your knee! Your ROM and extension is better than mine was at almost 2 months! Shoot, with your ROM and extension you don't even need PT. I am so glad things went well for you today. I was afraid you'd have to hit somebody in the head with your cane!
 
I was afraid you'd have to hit somebody in the head with your cane!
My cane was my sword!! :yay:

I went in with a fixed attitude of what I knew and learned from here. I was actually surprised she was so nice and accomodating. I "almost" felt bad that I came on so strong with her from the start.. but not that bad. I think going for a bit will be fine, get me out of the house, medicare pays for it, and if it helps get me more functional fine, I know not to let it hurt me.
 
An excellent report from your PT visit, Diane. :yes!::happydance::yay:
Well done. We're proud of you.
I'm glad it all went so well.

Considering how well you have done so far, once a week for PT would probably be enough.
 
Yay! You are catching up to us! It is kind of nice to get out of the house, even if only for pt. Just be prepared to be extra tired and rest and ice afterwards on those days.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom