Recent content by Descant

  1. D

    Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

    SO PLEASED @zinnia that you are relatively pain free and already walking on cane. What progress eh? All sounding very optimistic.
  2. D

    THR Hawai'i Healing Hipster

    Y’see @AgilityDog I’m a poet and didn’t know it. That’s a nice quote from Kipling. I’ve always felt a bit sad that I don’t know any poetry by heart. However, having said that, I do remember some words from hymns, so I suppose I could say to you ‘He who would valiant be....’. I know what you...
  3. D

    Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

    Such a relief that your blood work is showing no infection @zinnia. Also it’s a good sign that you feel as though you could just up an walk out of hospital. You’re too well brought up to do that! It would be surprising if you weren’t feeling so desperate, but from how you tackle things you will...
  4. D

    THR Hawai'i Healing Hipster

    It’s hard for you @AgilityDog to have this wound complication, but you’ve been hit hard with the antibiotics and your debridement sounds as though it has been successful so hopefully it will just require patience now while it heals. What a palaver this hip replacement business is!
  5. D

    Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

    I had a general last year for a 3/4 hour surgery and felt absolutely great afterwards @zinnia. Much better than after my spinal. It sounds as though your OS is being very thorough and I think that you can get some comfort from that. It’s just so dispiriting for you to have another piece of bad...
  6. D

    Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

    He sounds very thorough @zinnia and I’m sure that you would be worrying even more if he hadn’t taken blood and made sure that everything is ok. When you’re feeling vulnerable a little kindness seems like the most precious gift in the World but ultimately his actions are the more important...
  7. D

    Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

    Good luck today @zinnia. Hope all is reassuring.
  8. D

    THR Hawai'i Healing Hipster

    Glad that you got treatment so quickly @AgilityDog. It’s impressive and hopefully you won’t need any further treatment. Your DH definitely did the right thing by taking you in so quickly. Fingers crossed.
  9. D

    Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

    Yes I am still out here @zinnia but not so often. What a nuisance to have this wound problem and yes mine still doesnt look quite right especially one end of it. It goes quite red especially at night . The consultant said that I should realise that it is major surgery and 3 half months is still...
  10. D

    THR Spasms and icy weather<'

    Thank you @Layla and @Mojo333 for your check up. As you say I am now almost 3 months post op. Walking is brilliant and up and down stairs normally now. Spasms continue but are much more under control now I am taking the Baclofen regularly three times a day as advised by the pharmacist. My...
  11. D

    THR MammaT’s Matched Set

    Can’t believe that you’re already more than two weeks post op. @MamaT .You seem to be doing so well, especially since you have had to do so much yourself. And still though, you were reaching out to help others. In fact I’m not sure that you were fully round from the anaesthetic before writing...
  12. D

    Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

    That’s good news @zinnia if you were able to sit in a hard chair without pain or trouble. Well done!!
  13. D

    THR Spasms and icy weather<'

    Hi @Cas. Thanks for your encouragement. Hopefully time will sort them out. How are you doing?
  14. D

    Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

    Thanks for your encouragement on my thread @zinnia. I don’t seem to have a total energy drain really at more or less the same stage as you, but in reality when I think about it I am avoiding talking to a lot of people. After 40 minutes talking to one of my daughters the other night on the...
  15. D

    THR Spasms and icy weather<'

    That’s made me laugh @Mojo333 re Coriciden. Thank you for reassurance re length of time that jumpy leg lasted. Thank you @Josephine anyway. I’ve had a much better night and day, so I’m wondering if my chiropractor disturbed things 2 days ago. He thought that the spasms could be wound related...
Back
Top Bottom