Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

Aloha @zinnia :loveshwr: I am so sorry for your 'blood blister'. I did, however go looking for it this morning. I had some red around part of my incision. PT said Call the OS on Thursday. They were faxing over what they saw & felt. I have an appointment on Tuesday afternoon. Yesterday I used my insurance benefits 'talk to the doctor online' feature. I uploaded a photo and we wete able to see each other. I showed her my incision. I have an antibiotic now. She said to use moist heat. That opened up the blister. I put antibiotic ointment on it and (thanks to your adventures) extra gause & went to bed. This AM we took off the gause. :shocked: Holy Cow Batman!:holysheep: I have a round hole in my incision. Less Red. More pain. Hip pain, similar to before surgery. DH is driving us to the hospital. Seriously (I know I don't do serious that often) I am happy that you shared!❤️
 
@AgilityDog, that's quite the story! I am still draining, saturating 2 surgical pads 2 x 2" a day! Seeing the PA Tuesday am. I am now very disturbed. I have had 2 antibiotic scripts for this thing already. Nothing seems to be red or infectious with this. . .no strange color or odor and no pain. There is a tenderness though. I am bathing it with alcohol each time I dress it and nothing stings. That's even though my husband can see a tiny hole under this blister which is where the fluid is coming from. This is scaring me now. . .seriously. So thanks for your input. Let me hear how your trip to the hospital comes out.
 
Oh @zinnia. I am worried about you! The are culturing the stuff coming out of the hole. Culturing blood. Doing something else with blood.... I have IV antibiotics going now. Maybe will have a CT. Please keep me posted. ❤️
 
Aww, dear Zinnia.....I'm just reading this now. I'm so sorry you're worrying.
Please try not to. I know it's easier said than done, but more often than not, we worry needlessly.
Maybe the blister over the tiny hole is natures way of protecting that little opening so it stays infection free. I'm going with that....and praying to that end. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Love and hugs to you :loveshwr: :console2:
@zinnia
 
Thinking of you zinnia.
So wish you wouldn't insist on keeping things complicated.
You deserve for something to go boringly right. Prayers for hurried healing:praying:
 
Joining in on the prayers for you @zinnia. So sorry this has been added to your journey. Hopefully answers soon.
 
I’m just now catching up on your thread. I’m sorry to read about your latest hurdle but as @Layla said, it may be just nature’s way of protecting that little hole. I’ll go with that thought. You have already been through too much but have stayed tough so I know you will make it over this hurdle as well. Sending healing thoughts your way and I’ll be watching for an update after your PA visit tomorrow. Hang in there! :loveshwr:
 
Thank you to All above. I appreciate all the caring from you sweet people. It all helps me to calm down. Frankly speaking, I get very frightened of infections following surgery because my first husband died a long, lingering death of an infection following a surgery. So I get panicky at the possibility. But I've calmed down now as I am seeing the PA bright and early tomorrow. I don't know what they will do about this but I am anxious to know? :idea:
And I am worried about AgilityDog who was in the hospital on an antibiotic drip last night in the ER and not sure what was going to happen next. :fingersx:

So anyway, kind Ones, I will let you all know what happens tomorrow. I wish I could get this thing right too @Mojo333. Annoys the heck out of me. And @Layla, how's your mom? Have to go on your site and check her progress out. Thinking of her. As usual @MammaT you are thinking of others and not saying much about yourself. How is your recovery going? I do need to pay less attention to this stupid "blister" and check on folks more.

Meanwhile, spring has not sprung here yet. Daffodils, yes, they are here and such a nice time for them. But the camellias and azaleas were badly burned this winter. And I am worried about my two giant gardenias, very old stock. I'd hate to lose them.

Love you All :loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:Me
 
Missed your post @GrannyC; thanks so much for your good thoughts. When I get the calm and caring messages from my Bone Smart folk it matters quite a bit. So thank you. Am looking forward to asking the PA tomorrow why in heaven's name did someone (HIM) not tell me this might happen. And I want a definite answer of what will be done to stop this drainage before I lose all my bodily fluids. Yikes! Have a splendid week. :flwrysmile:
 
Sorry that you’re are going through this. I hope tomorrow brings you the answers you need :flwrysmile:
 
Prayers all goes well tomorrow @zinnia So sorry you are worrying.
Your fears are understandable given your explanation above but you've been
on top of this so let's hope and pray for the best.
Please update us after your appt. we will anxiously await your post.
Sending love and warm hugs your way :loveshwr: :console2:
 
I know your not losing GALLONS of fluids, but make sure you stay hydrated through all of this. As I told Agility Dog, I'm keeping fingers, eyes and legs crossed hoping for good results!
 
Will be thinking of you today zinnia. My white and magenta azaleas are blooming but my dogwood isn't looking good. One or two wilted blooms. We've had late frosts too.
I hope you'll let us know how doctor visit goes. Prayers for answers and some help getting this OVER WITH.:praying:
 
Well it's not over with yet @Mojo333. Less drainage last night and this am and it remains clear and I have no symptoms of an infection but the PA called in the OS to see it and he said blood work. Depending on the results and his decision about handling this, it may be back in the hospital to open it back up and clean it out. Won't know for a couple of days. If there is an infection which it doesn't appear to be, OS says we have a problem. No kidding!:blackcloud:So off to the hospital I went to get the blood taken which entails so much paper work it's obscene. Took longer to get the blood taken than it took to have it ordered in the first place. Home now and shaking. I assume that less drainage may mean it is ready to close back up again and get down to healing again. Don't know if that matters to the OS. He's very conservative, thank heaven. Not like my first one. He's actually a little alarming. I want to know what's going on but I could have used a few encouraging words.

Bottom line, that's why I'm here @Layla, my Dear, to get the encouraging words. So @SaraK, I will drink more fluids to keep my electrolytes in good shape. And @Jackie222 your good wishes along with those from @Descant will help to see me through this. Thank you all. Couldn't be doing this without you All.:banghead::groan:

And just when I was getting ready to complain that I have hit another plateau and don't seem to be getting any further. Darn it! :fingersx:
 
No other symptoms and clear drainage sound like very good signs. You'd rather your OS be conservative but don't let it worry you too much. Sometimes docs just don't understand what is going to go thru our minds from their statements. If they did, they'd handicap it for you when they talk about something like this! Hopefully you can get out and garden today and maybe lunch and/or cocktails with friends and a few other diversions (maybe some retail therapy) until the results are in! I'm keeping fingers, eyes and legs crossed for you, @AgilityDog and @Mireille - waiting for all of you to get the good news so you can exhale and relax! :console2: and a few of these :flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile: until :yahoo:
 
Aww dear, Zinnia
This sure feels like a roller coaster ride, doesn't it...
Let's take comfort in all of the good signs. Clear drainage and no other signs of infection.
I understand this is anxiety producing and I wish I could save you from that. My heart goes out to you,
you've been such a trooper and inspiration. I have a love for you and I've never even met you.

I'd rather you be safe than sorry and I'm thankful you acted quickly. I'm sure you'll soon get results and I'll be praying it shows there's no infection. Not all docs offer encouragement, sadly. It doesn't mean he is convinced something is amiss. Chalk it up to personality differences.

SaraK's idea of staying busy is good. Surround yourself with people or things you love to get you through.
Hopefully it will serve as a distraction for some of the time as you wait.

Thinking of you and lifting you in prayer at every rememberence. Love ya, sweet lady :loveshwr: :console2:
@zinnia
 
When will you get the results of the tests @zinnia ? I totally understand how you feel about the possibility of going back into hospital again. I don’t think they teach surgeons bedside manners :heehee: . But at least he’s taking your concerns seriously not dismissing them. And will get to the bottom of what the problem is :flwrysmile:
 
I have been worried about you. Our little trip on Sunday lasted 8 hours. I was not a priority. In the Emergency Room, I am Fine to not be a priority. Not that I wish ill to anyone else, but you can't help but hear snippets of info about other patients whose lives were in iminent danger. I didn't want to be at the front of That line! Perhaps all that drainage will turn out to be normal reaction to something and your body is taking good care of itself. I will keep you in my thoughts:thumb: and prayers. :prayer:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom