THR Spasms and icy weather<'

Yep, @Descant, I did discuss the inflamed incision area with you and at your suggestion I went in search of
Sudacrem and found it had as a major ingredient zinc oxide. Ordered a tube and it has done the trick, cleared it mostly up but is taking a long time. Mine seems to be a rash of sorts under the skin not on the surface. I don't know. I go back for a check up in early March but no need to panic because it has almost faded completely away. Very strange. Again, thanks for the tip.

On your spasms, I haven't a clue. I had some mostly in both lower legs and feet early on but that has not occurred in some time now. Very painful stuff though. I didn't like it one bit. I am in agreement with those that are suggesting that you call someone who can help or even get you in for a consult. Sounds too darn scary and hurtful to let it go.

I am impressed with your walking. I am in my 11th week and only walking short distances in the house. So that part of your recovery is going well then. I did slow dance with hubby Saturday at a Mardi Gras ball. I hope you can get jazzy really soon. Would love to see that. I love to dance. . .not good at it but I still love it.

Happy Valentine. . .take care and stay in touch. :snork:

Hubby has terrible cold, got him a box of Coriciden, cold medicine with a Heart on the box for people with high blood pressure. Think that counts for Valentine's.
I DO HOPE YOU GET SOME ANSWERS.
That jumpy leg stuff plagued me for over 4 months, mostly when I stopped moving. Wasn't painful, just super annoying and interrupted my sleep. I thought about muse relaxers but never did get and it eventually resolved.
Wishing you a great evening.

That’s made me laugh @Mojo333 re Coriciden. Thank you for reassurance re length of time that jumpy leg lasted.
Thank you @Josephine anyway. I’ve had a much better night and day, so I’m wondering if my chiropractor disturbed things 2 days ago. He thought that the spasms could be wound related cos he didn’t like the look of it, not being yet pink and healthy, so did a deep massage round it and then with a roller thing, warned me it would be a bit painful for a day. It looked quite red yesterday when spasms at worst, but now looks paler and better than it has ever looked. Time will tell.

I am just grateful to have people who will listen and care.

@Descant Hi there just checking in to see how you are doing. Hopefully the spasms will decrease over time. I had awful cramp in leg for a time and spasms but the have now gone. Keep going! Onwards and upwards! You are doing well.

Hi @Cas. Thanks for your encouragement. Hopefully time will sort them out. How are you doing?

@Descant Hi there thanks for asking. Hip is just wonderful now - even forget it's done at times LOL! Still suffering back pain but think it's down to unequal hips - have about an inch diff. Am working on that. Life may not be wonderful but it's a whole lot better!!!!!!!!!!! Will get there just keep positive if you can - what a ride eh!!!! hugs Carol

Hi @Descant
Wondering how you're doing. Have the abdominal / diaphragm spasms lessened?
You're coming up on three months post op already. I hope the hip is doing well.
Give us an update when you're able....we'd love to hear.
Hope your weekend is great!

Sending good mojo your way descant.
Don't like to see other things creeping in on our recovery schedule.
Don't be too discouraged...I'm rooting for you!:yay:

Thank you @Layla and @Mojo333 for your check up. As you say I am now almost 3 months post op. Walking is brilliant and up and down stairs normally now.

Spasms continue but are much more under control now I am taking the Baclofen regularly three times a day as advised by the pharmacist. My physio has told me to stop all exercises, go back to the GP and push the surgeon for some sort of referral. I am seeing GP and surgeon both on Friday.

My physio thinks that one of the nerves has been bruised and says that if that is the case, then nerve injuries take an awful long time to heal.

Also I will be relieved for them to see the wound which mostly still looks a bit red.

@Jackie222 I walked back into town from St Andrews on Saturday after seeing Birmingham City lose badly!
Then had a Chinese at Jung Min Garden before we travelled home on 2 trains. I felt great though and remembered the difficulty I had in doing that mile and half walk before the hip surgery.

@Cas it is a bit of a ride, I agree. Did you have a leg difference before surgery? Inch sounds difficult to cope with.

Fantastic on the walking, oops to the score :heehee: Hope you enjoyed your Chinese. I hope that you’re able to get done answers tomorrow or at least be referred to someone that can help

:loveshwr: hope that nerve resolves but yippee for walking.
It is wonderful to get back to life.
One of my scars looks redder than the others still!:what:
Doesn't hurt.
Onward and upward and all the best to you.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member