THR MammaT’s Matched Set

The mall trip sounds totally overwhelming to me at this point. I’m not ready to drive yet so that would add to it. Will just keep doing house laps and soon down the sidewalk. Won’t mind walking if it is cool as long as no snow or ice.

Sorry of fil health issue. That helps put our hips into perspective.
 
First, I can't drive yet. Second, taking a shower and getting dressed requires a rest afterwards. Third, I would be ready to go home by the time I got to the Mall entrance. @MammaT @hipster333

I think we are in agreement. We are not ready yet! I too am sorry about your FIL. I imagine your drive South will have beautiful scenery, hipster333.
 
Thanks @MammaT and @AgilityDog. I'm looking forward to the drive after all of this sitting around!
We are in agreement on waiting for the mall trip. Oh, and I can't drive yet either. :heehee: OS said about 6 weeks. I need to be able to drive in order to go back to work. Just took a shower and that did me in. Time for some ice and bed. Sweet dreams of long walks! :sleep:
 
I have folks who would come take me to work if I can’t drive, but I don’t think so. I told pt today that I would like to be able to walk with no cane from my parking spot to my office for my return. I know I can’t do that. And since I have to rest so long after shower etc., yeah, no where close to work level.

Since no cake yesterday for pity party, just had some black raspberry chip ice cream to celebrate no pity today. Highly recommend it for hip recovery.

Spent afternoon resting and kept elevated. Used walker more than cane and hip feels better for it. We’ll see what it feels like tomorrow. Thankfully doc apppointment is at 1 so I will be able to get ready without rushing.
 
@MammaT Roger the depressive episodes. My LTHR was not the walk in the park like the RTHR. Plus it was winter and that year we had snow/ice on the ground for half of December and Jan. I cried watching movies. I could not get out of the house to walk. It was terrible. I swore then if I had the other hip done it would be in the summer! I still had pain upon standing out to 18 or 19 mos. I thought it would never go away. It did. I was amazed, the right one quit hurting a couple of months ago. Occasionally, it talks to me if I bend over and pick up something off the floor. Once you can start walking with regularity it will be better. I think the mental part is a better pain killer than the pills were.
 
Have to agree that our mental state helps with pain, as well as not getting too ambitious too quickly. Feel much better this am by backing off just a bit yesterday and not using cane as much. I know in the next few weeks I will be walking with no assistive devices and I don’t get any extra prize for being quicker.

Glad to know others had niggles in replaced hip for a year and a half or so. We hear that recovery can take up to two years, but it is easy to forget. Left was feeling really good until gimp from rightvstarted messing the system up. Will be good to get everything balanced out.
 
Glad you are doing well and will get reassurance of that from the doctor today, I feel confident.
By the time spring has sprung, you hopefully will have a spring in your step.
Have a good day.
 
Plan on it! Think I will do much better if I remember what transition means instead of trying to skip some steps. Have to keep your recovery chart you spot in mind and remind myself that it applies to me too.

Should be close to 70 when I venture out to doc, so that will for sure lift spirits. Step already has more of a spring in it, just a little rusty right now. Recovery does happen if we give it time.
 
@MammaT your messages always bring a smile to my face. Enjoy the warmer weather! It's warmed up here too, but pouring rain and we have a flood watch in effect. Guess I'll be making the rounds of the main floor today. Feels like a lazy sleepy day anyways---let us know how your doc visit goes!
 
@MammaT

Glad pity party is over although that ice cream sounds good. I’m so easily suggestible that I’m now wondering what I have in the freezer. Lol. Best of luck at doc today. It’s 75 degrees here in Pittsburgh today.
 
Two week visit went well. X-rays look good, everything is where the doc left it. Agreed that trying to go totally on cane too quickly can aggravate things. Said to keep taking things slow and steady and recognize that since I live on own, I am getting a lot more movement in from that.

Am to continue with home pt. Said outpatient pt is up to me or if home pt thinks it is necessary. Otherwise was told to increase walking as tolerated.

Somehow I left the office agreeing we would discuss return to work at 6 week visit. Different from last time when I came up with going back limited hours at four weeks. I do think that is best. I want to make sure I have my energy back and walking pretty normal. Someone please remind me of that when I start whining about boredom!

They called in script for tramadol for me for when Percocet is too much and Tylenol too little. Need to find chart I have seen here on how to incorporate it and Tylenol.

Can start massaging scar with vitamin e or coconut oil. Will have to be e since I can’t tolerate coconut. Only restriction I have is plant and turn. Said I can start bike slowly. Will discuss with pt tomorrow.

So after my big outing, I am back home elevating and icing.
 
Great report! Try to enjoy your time at home!
 
@MamaT so happy your check-up went so well! I know it's hard to stay away from work (I'm bored silly too and probably doing more at home than I should be) but it'll be better when you do go back. Exciting that you can start already on the bike! Take it easy tonight--you had a big day.:dancy:
 
@MammaT

How are you doing after the big doctor outing yesterday? Early in recovery even a few hours moving around a tires us out. Take care, extra special care.

Janet
 
I can’t imagine showering, walker to the car, drive to the mall, walker out of the car, walk, and then Home. Even at 5 weeks, don’t think I could do it! Whew.
 
@MammaT sounds like an epic outing! Do you know bs is a great tool but wouldnt it be great if we were all near each other and the ones further down the post op line could pop round to offer support to the new hipsters. I would love to pop round to yours and make you a nice cup of tea (English style of course!) We could have a good old chat about our aches and pains!
:friends::flwrysmile::cheers:
 
Can’t believe that you’re already more than two weeks post op. @MamaT .You seem to be doing so well, especially since you have had to do so much yourself. And still though, you were reaching out to help others. In fact I’m not sure that you were fully round from the anaesthetic before writing encouraging posts!

What is your work? I feel only just able at 12 weeks to think of that sort of thing and didn’t drop my stick until 10 weeks. That usually cheers people up.
 
Need to find chart I have seen here on how to incorporate it and Tylenol.
This is the chart Josephine used in her recovery:
[Bonesmart.org] MammaT’s Matched Set
 
Glad you've decided to scale it back MammaT.
Off to work two hours early today, and I have a need for scaling back myself due to much too much here lately.
Guess that will have to be tomorrow.
Jaycey beat me to the punch in the chart...I had to hunt it up.
Hope you have a Good Day
 
Back
Top Bottom