Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

Spring is springing! Robins hopping, maples are budding, pollen yellowing the carport....
Was even glad to see the return of those huge pesky wood boring bees.
How can something with a body so huge and wings so short even fly?
Hope all is well with your world today.
 
The painting group @Layla, is merely a group of us older women and friends who like to paint or, in my case, I am using oil pastels right now because they are easier to handle being carried back and forth. We meet each Monday afternoons for lunch and then to the community center to spread out and paint. No hassle; no instruction. If someone needs help they ask for it. Very easy with no stress. Some of us show and sell our work. Others not. I taught visual arts to Middle schoolers so it helps me keep my hand in. I haven't been in some time because I wasn't driving. So I have some catching up to do. I stayed until 3. I get involved and it takes me away from other stuff I'm dealing with.

We have those Paint and Sip type shops. It's a fun place to have a party. I haven't done it but I would like to.
We also have the ceramic painting shops. I have done that. Lots of fun stuff to do when you retire.

PT this pm. Shower time is coming up. The Tuesday tacos with friends for dinner. Yeah, no dinner fixing tonight!

Thank you for the reminder @MammaT. I need to look back once in awhile to see where I've been. You are right about that. The knee, as long as I keep the brace on it doesn't give me any trouble walking. It is somewhat painful which is a real drag since I have no pain in the hip now. Exchanged one for the other. How are you doing with recovery. I read your posts on your site and you seem to be having some pain issues?

Bless your Mom, @Layla. Is she getting her knee done soon? I don't know; it seems pretty daunting to me. Give her my best. Maybe we can commiserate.

Want to hear @Jackie222, how it goes with the garlic. I tend to just ignore the issue. Right now red fire ants have emerged suddenly. I am allergic to their sting. I ended up in the hospital in aphylactic shock last time I was stung. So I was sent out of the garden yesterday while my husband held me away from a super large nest and dusted. I don't have time to go out today. Hopefully tomorrow will also be nice. 80 degrees today! And finally sunny. Really strange weather.

Happy weekend coming up, Everyone!:SUNsmile:
 
Oh my life. That must have been so scary. I’ll let you know if this is the year I dig up and pick thr garlic out of the scrubs! The forecast isn’t good so doubt I’ll be out in the garden until it warms up a bit. Had a good day at farm today but tired now. Heading up for a relaxing bath before I ice. Backs hurting badly today so I think a trip to the chiropractor may be due. Not been since the op, have had the all clear from my OS to go. :flwrysmile:
 
Hi @zinnia
Your painting group sounds fun, Zinnia. I can imagine how you'd enjoy it with your teaching background.
Hoping your PT went well this afternoon and didn't wear you out.

I used to do ceramics myself years ago. I found it relaxing. It's been quite some time though.
I'd like to schedule one of those Paint and Sips with girlfriends. Have a glass of wine and think you're Picasso, lol!
You sound well, enjoying life, staying busy.....moving forward. Warms my heart!

My mom has to have her hip done before they'll replace her knee. Her knee bothers her more than her hip.
Hopefully she gets her hip done soon....
Enjoy Taco Tuesday with friends! :loveshwr:
 
Taco Tuesday, what a treat! And I found the best fries in town too. Back next Tuesday for more. Will not order a margarita again though. Outside seating too. Which brings up the fact that I can sit in a hard chair now for at least 2 hours without pain or trouble of any kind. I just get up and start walking again. That's significant.

PT always goes well. He started me some new but gentle steps; all these "steps" are hopefully retraining my brain so I won't fight the walking unassisted. The stretching was a little more aggressive this time; ROM improving but lacking. I am swollen and a bit sore this am. Iced that and the knee down before I put on the knee brace.

That was the order the first OS called for me too @Layla. hip then knee. Of course, the knee has been waiting now for 2 1/2 years so it is getting frustrated.

My 3 wheel bike is out of storage and the tires to be pumped up and I can start riding again. That actually helps my knees. Gets it greased up again I guess. Cheers All!:wave:
 
I know you're not yet where you want to end up, but things will continue to improve. It's wonderful seeing you getting your life back!
 
Loved your post, Zinnia
Al fresco dining....what a delight. I can't wait!
Sounds like you lucked out with another great PT, just like Andy. That is wonderful.
Get on that bike soon if it helps those knees....Motion Is Lotion!!
Hope your day is great!
@zinnia
 
Take care of that back @Jackie222. I haven't had good luck with chiropractors. I am suffering from a very painful neck at the moment. Slept the wrong way or something and it remains stiff and sore, actually gives me a headache much like a migraine. I used to get bad migraines and I am wondering if they may be coming back in the form of a painful neck issue.

Enjoy that bath. I am afraid to get down into the tub so I use the walk in shower. But I love a bubble bath in the winter and I hope I get up the nerve after the restrictions finally come off.

I send you daffodils from my garden. :flwrysmile:
 
Oh no! I hope your neck eases soon. I think it’s interesting how different practices work for some but not for others. I’ve had back issues since having my 1st child. Tried physio and an osteopath first but neither worked for me whilst both chiropractors I’ve had over the years have worked a treat.

Thank you for the daffodils x
 
  • I'm doing well @zinnia - thanks for asking. I had PT this morning but that was just 15 minutes of heat, 30 minutes of massage and about 10 minutes of passive stretching. My tush doesn't hurt as much when I walk but still have range of motion issues and pain with external rotation. PT said 2 more days rest and then he'll decide whether and how much I'm allowed to dance Sat night. I see the ortho on Thurs for my 3 month appt so we'll see what he has to say then.
 
Hi @zinnia hope your doing well. I read some of your posts and sorry about your knee and neck. We all seem to have if it isn’t one thing it’s another. I was just given clearance to walk yesterday so using walker slowly. Start pt again next week but I’m not going to allow them to push to hard. It was a long 6 weeks but glad it’s over. Getting out w mom tomorrow for lunch so be nice to get out. I’ve gained some weight even though I tried so hard so I’m going back to my GNC shake diet. I have a good 50 lbs to loose. These 2 years of no exercise took a real toll on my weight. But my fault for eating the wrong things being depressed. Well I’ve left you a long enough message. Stay well!!!
 
Sending some love to my sweet friend, Zinnia :loveshwr:
I hope you enjoyed your weekend and that you're doing well.
This journey can be long and you're getting there slowly but surely.
Think of how far you've come! This should be a wonderful Spring and Summer for you. :flwrysmile:
Hugs :friends: and warm wishes for a wonderful week as you continue healing!
@zinnia
 
Morning @Layla, I'm still around. Check in from time to time. Life is just moving along and I'm moving along with it. I have started to walk unassisted a bit more. But it is hard and I wear out very soon. I walked from one room to the other and back this morning and it wore me plum out.

My daughter and son in law are coming tomorrow for my birthday. Today is grocery day and PT too so we will be busy. There is another appointment in there somewhere. I will have to check on that one. I am in a Mardi Gras parade in one of the historic neighborhoods on Saturday and we butterflies are on the main float signifying social clubs and associations around town. . .social butterflies!!!??? :hi: So my dance card is a little full this weekend.I went out to lunch with friends yesterday as sort of a birthday celebration. I wish people would just forget the damn thing. I see the PA on Monday and hope all the restrictions go away. I know I've broken the 90 degree rule and nothing has happened so I guess that is good. I'll be talking to him about this darn knee and what we are going to do with it. I think it's too far along to be helped by shots but I'm willing to try.

Other than that, recovery is just sort of taking care of itself. And subtle things are happening. Positive things as well as the left knee. Glad to see that most everyone is having a successful personal recovery. Cheers to all for that.:yes!::happydance::yay:
 
Hi @zinnia
It's great you're able to walk unassisted a bit more but taking it slow is wise. It will come.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!.....a day early. I hope you have a fantastic birthday with your daughter, SIL, hubs
and whoever else you may be celebrating with.
The Mardi Gras Parade you'll ride in sounds like fun. I'm assuming you'll be wearing that costume
you wore a couple weeks back.
It sounds like you're pretty active which is a good sign. Imagine how you were feeling a mere
4 months ago. You've come a long way! It's so wonderful.

I wish you well with your doctor visit on Monday and hope restrictions are lifted. Keep us in the loop on your knee. I recall mentioning to you my 80 yr old mom needs a new hip and knee. She finally scheduled the hip and we'll see how that goes before she'll even think about the knee. Why do we have to fall apart? :bawl:
Well...let's look at the bright side, at least we have a fix. Might not be fun getting the fix but the end result makes it worth it!
Enjoy your day and have a great birthday and weekend! :loveshwr: :friends:
 
Having read your thread with all the issues and setbacks, it seems like where you are now is a wonderful birthday present! Your persistence has paid off! Increased mobility will come but you are now able to get back to enjoying so many things now that weren't possible a year ago. Happy birthday!
 
Happy birthday :flwrysmile: Butterflies in the parade sounds like great fun don’t forget to post some photo.
 
[Bonesmart.org] hip replacement gone bad<
 
Happy birthday to one of my favorite hippies! It's easy to provide support to people who just need to be reassured they're doing well. You are so supportive and helpful to others who are going through the darkest days because things aren't quite right. Only someone who's been there and made it through with those bright butterfly colors of yours could do that. Enjoy your day (heck, make it a birthday weekend, week or even month)!
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom