Recent content by caro

  1. caro

    8 Days til BTKR.....Need some advice!!! Please

    Fear not, I had BTKR in May and I am 66yrs. You do not need a big fancy cold machine, but you definitely need ice!! I used 4 simple flat ice packs that go in the freezer. They came with pockets and velcro so you can wrap around your knee, one for each side. You can get them in a chemist or a...
  2. caro

    Bilateral TKR Hi folks, I am here!

    Well folk I am a 66yrs post bilateral TKR of 8 wks and I have to say it was a much bigger op than I thought. Lots of ups and downs, just when you thought you had cracked it you go backwards.Knees can get so stiff I think they will never be right . I tried a water aerobics class yesterday and...
  3. caro

    TKR greeneyedtattedgirl's recovery

    So sorry for you hon. Do NOT worry about ROM it will come. Your body is trying to cope with all that is going on so that is the least of your probs. Think positive, the glass is half full and you are feeling better than last week. Lots of luv and hugs from Ireland xoxox
  4. caro

    Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

    Outlook up on-line but to help yourself right now do lots of circles with your ankles. Blood blot in the leg is not very dangerous in itself only if it breaks off and travels to the lungs. Then you will get shortness of breath. If so A and E immediately. If you are at all worried always call...
  5. caro

    Bilateral TKR Hi folks, I am here!

    Well 3 wks post bilateral TKR. All is fine. No probs at all. Off to small cottage hosp tomorrow. I have been blessed with only one blip which was my fault not using crutches going to Loo at night. I followed the Bonesmart mantra and guess what it works folk! Just been text by my phone co that my...
  6. caro

    Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

    I am flying . but had lovely shower today and dressed,spent the next two hours asleep what, I had already had a good nights sleep. Our body tells us what it wants. Folk stop worry:Ding about ROM,as long as you do the exercises it will come. Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  7. caro

    Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

    A great change in your message, glass is now half full. Delighted for you and will be thinking of you on Weds. Best of Irish Luck to you. hugs and more hugs xoxox:D Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  8. caro

    Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

    There is no far behind, it is not a race, all our bodies are different. I am only 63 kgs and I really did put work in for 2months prior to the op . At 66yrs I knew I had to work for the best outcome. Also I had no other medical problems, very healthy luckily. Your ROM will come. Don't rush it...
  9. caro

    Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

    We don't have that really have that fancy hear in Ireland. But we manage. I am back to normal and feel I could swing from the rafters but the Physio begged me not to. Left knee 102 right knee 105 exactly 3wks today. Cannot believe how lucky I am!:D Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  10. caro

    2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    Best of Irish Luck to you. Its well worth it, expect the odd step backwards. There it gently. Your new life is just around use corner. Hugs and more hugs.:D Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  11. caro

    Bilateral TKR Hi folks, I am here!

    Have not asked for the break through pain med for 10 days. Took it today much against my tough feelings about going backwards. guess what I feel much better. So maybe one has to just give in occasionally!!!!
  12. caro

    TKR greeneyedtattedgirl's recovery

    Oh pet have followed your thread and this is one of a few set -backs you will encounter, none as bad as the previous, and each time you will be stronger. Rest is so very important and now you have a cold in the mix you need lots of fluids. Chin up hon, things do get better. hugs and more hugs...
  13. caro

    Bilateral TKR Hi folks, I am here!

    But I thought I was different, made of tough grit and determination, Wow how one can come down to earth, stiffness rather than pain, hardly straighten up. Just hope tomorrow is better. After 18 days the first hic-up and it frightened me !
  14. caro

    Bilateral TKR Hi folks, I am here!

    Well Msmechanic58 was only bragging yesterday that I was one of the lucky bilateral TKR that I hardly had any problems and was flying it. Went out to lunch(40th wedding anniversary) and today i can hardly walk. Two days without Physio is not good. Have been pathetic depressed I must say. Have...
  15. caro

    Bilateral TKR Spider on the recovery side

    Oh poor you spider, just when you were getting pleased to go home . Exercise only when you feel well enough. Lets hope things feel better today. Don't forget long and slow is the way to a good recovery xoxox
Back
Top Bottom