2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just might be my last question before the festivities begin!! When can you take a shower after Surgery?
 
This just might be my last question before the festivities begin!! When can you take a shower after Surgery?
I took my first shower the day after I came home from the hospital, so 3 days after surgery. We took some cling wrap and wrapped it around the entire knee area. My incision is dressed with a water proof bandage as well, so it's kind of double covered.
 
I've not had one yet. I get staples out Thursday (I hope) and will take one ASAP when I get home
 
I do bend over the kitchen sink and shampoo my hair. You can also try dry shampoo.
 
Yes, 3 days is a long time. I did wash my hair in the sink at the hospital on day 2.
 
@Josephine



May 13th for me! 2 weeks post op! I wanted to know who my post op buddies are!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@msmechanic58

You are a brave soul! How are you feeling? I am a wuss with having had just my left one done. Are you able to sleep at night?
 
I did a right tkr on May 19th too. So far, so good. Switched from a walker to a cane yesterday. At least now I can move a little faster than a snail. :)
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 May 14 @sarah101613 (her second), @Lily2450
05 May 14 @Wellness in Virginia (bilateral), @71Beetle (her first)
06 May 14 @greeneyedtattedgirl
08 May 14 @caro
12 May 14 @Pipt (first)
13 May 14 @midwest girl, @Quasi
14 may 14 @dpg3 (bilateral)
15 may 14 @sumsha (her mom)
19 May 14 @msmechanic58 (bilateral), @Javamama (bilateral), @Highpointer42 (his first), @Biscuit, @summerwind, @Susanita
20 May 14 @Spider, @Streetglide, @Josie B (bilateral), @NWMSU42, @purpleladee
21 May 14 @Drewsie (her second), USER=14820]@MzRicketts[/USER]
26 May 14 @mommamagoo
27 May 14 @LauraLeigh (bilateral)
28 May 14 @runnomore, @r2u (bilateral),@Springsmom83, @Helenefm, @janlynnthom
30 May 14 @wlpitcher (bilateral)
 
I'm going to sneak in under the wire with a BTKR May 30th. What's the procedure for starting a new thread in the Post-Op section, which I''m assuming I should do?
 
Best of Irish Luck to you. Its well worth it, expect the odd step backwards. There it gently. Your new life is just around use corner. Hugs and more hugs.:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
At the bottom of the recovery page is a black button titled create new thread. Click on that. Type the name of your new thread, and type away. Good luck to you tomorrow.
 
@bottomshollow

Please add me to the May list of Newbies, I had mt first TKRLK ON MAY 13th, and gphave tried to get on this list tree times. Am I doing something wrong?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom