Bilateral TKR Hi folks, I am here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the recovery side @caro. As you are already learning, the Bonesmart way is the right way to go! Gentle, don't let anyone hurt you. Ice, medicate, elevate, rest. Best wishes on your recovery!
 
Don't know why I am called big bend. Looked through all the knee post ops and can't fine thread of me ! It is day 9, having followed the bonesmart mantra, I seen to be getting on fine in rehab. Did the stairs today, thought they looked simple. Ha sweating after 3 goes . Putting your good leg forward when you have two knees done is difficult. They find me a pain for asking for my ice, but then they are amazed what little swelling there is! Will keep your but updated if someone makes sure I am back in my thread- Cheers:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Eejit I am. Think I am in my threat ok. Sorry Big bend you were just kindly answering my message!:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
I live in Co Tipperary Ireland. I moved from Hampshire Southern: England 15 yrs ago!:D
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
How are you doing Caro? How is your pain being managed? Are you able to sleep at night? Getting enough rest during the day too?

Wishing you a wonderful recovery!
 
Hi wellness in Virginia I am doing grand .12 days post op only have long lasting analgesia night and morning. I am still a sticker for ice packs. Not too much swelling, black and blue though.Had chest inf which would not go changed antibiotics and a steroid nebulizer, thanks on the mend. Yesterday had a day of overwhelming tiredness, could not wait to Finnish the meal and get on my bed. I sleep brilliantly at night. Can't understand it at all!I work very hard wit th Physio, as a reward I get 20mins of big ice packs. Heaven. all in all I am delighted I took the plunge to have both knees done at same time!Good luck to you.:D
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
Great news. You're doing very well, and it's wonderful that you are managing a good night's sleep so early in recovery. Even when I'm exhausted, I don't come close to that.

I agree. Bilateral is the way to go.
 
Just an update. 17 days post bilateral TKR. I cannot believe I have been so very lucky. 5 mgs Oxycontin morn and eve . Do half hour Physio morn and aft . Ice 2-3 times a day. Lie sit and walk equal measures. Have no true (pain) just discomfort and that is mostly night time, Sleep alludes me at times but I read my kindle.So for 65 yr old I think I have got off lightly. Just hope the next month goes as well. Cheers:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
It will only get better, Caro.

I think that's what surprised me the most. I, too, never had any real pain, just aches and sometimes a burning sensation. But even small aches are enough to prevent you from having a good night's sleep.

Isn't it great to know that once you get through recover, it's done?
 
Well Msmechanic58 was only bragging yesterday that I was one of the lucky bilateral TKR that I hardly had any problems and was flying it. Went out to lunch(40th wedding anniversary) and today i can hardly walk. Two days without Physio is not good. Have been pathetic depressed I must say. Have exercised rested and iced but only feel marginally better. Oh the joys of a major op !
 
It happens, especially after a busy day. I wrote in my thread at one point that I thought I had turned the corner, but it turned out to be a u-turn. This is an unpredictable recovery, but the good news is that as the weeks go by the u-turns happen fewer and fewer times. At almost eight weeks out, I'm beginning to see more progress and fewer disappointments. It will happen for you too.

Happy fortieth!
 
Happy fortieth anniversary! I was feeling that way yesterday and after a session with home pt, she helped me see the progress I have made. Sometimes our minds are the worst enemy of progress.
 
Yes, this recovery process does seem to be a roller coaster. Two steps forward and one step back is the way many of us go. Slow it may be, but it is still progress.

Hang in there - things will get better! :flwrysmile:
 
@caro - happy anniversary and I hope you are starting to feel a bit better! I'm sure the depression is the drugs talking...with any luck you'll be back to your cheery self soon. Best of luck!
 
But I thought I was different, made of tough grit and determination, Wow how one can come down to earth, stiffness rather than pain, hardly straighten up. Just hope tomorrow is better. After 18 days the first hic-up and it frightened me !
 
Happy anniversary to you caro. NO doubt that this surgery is trying on the toughest of people. The see saw ride is very difficult. I'm watching your progress and hoping mine goes as well - even with your set back. Hoping you are feeling better today.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Have not asked for the break through pain med for 10 days. Took it today much against my tough feelings about going backwards. guess what I feel much better. So maybe one has to just give in occasionally!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom