Bilateral TKR Hi folks, I am here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not going backwards, and you did the right thing. I felt the same way when when I added Tramadol. I was sure I could get by without prescription meds, but I was wrong. I'm eight weeks out now, and still successfully using the Tramadol. One day I'll be off it, but there's no rush. You have to take what works for you.
 
Well 3 wks post bilateral TKR. All is fine. No probs at all. Off to small cottage hosp tomorrow. I have been blessed with only one blip which was my fault not using crutches going to Loo at night. I followed the Bonesmart mantra and guess what it works folk! Just been text by my phone co that my megabytes are used up. BS fault but well worth it. Will update when I get home and can use lap top. Thank you all for your great support. And the Best of Irish Luck to you all xoxox:D:D:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
Well folk I am a 66yrs post bilateral TKR of 8 wks and I have to say it was a much bigger op than I thought. Lots of ups and downs, just when you thought you had cracked it you go backwards.Knees can get so stiff I think they will never be right . I tried a water aerobics class yesterday and only managed half an hour!! I did manage to get up and down the five step "ladder" in and out the pool. Things I have learnt so far: Its a much longer recovery than you think,how ever stiff you are, do the exercises, they make it better, when you feel better, don't forget you still cannot pop up and down the stairs. Be patient, life is boring when not at work. Will go back next week I need a focus other than my new knees!! Having said all that I am delighted I had them done!! Good luck to you all!!
 
Thanks for the update!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom