Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although my OS and physio looked at how my knees were moving after surgery, no one has mentioned 'measuring' my ROM. How do you accurately measure what your ROM is?


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
ahhh ok. No one has measured mine, so I'm just guessing really. Sounds like your doing really well. How is the pain management going now?



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
He added Demerol and flexoril as needed. We shall see! The one good thing about the braces is that I didn't have to worry about over-bending. Relearning.....lol
 
I went home without braces, and during the first week my right knee occasionally buckled a bit. I thought I may have made a mistake when I decided against the braces (they gave me a choice). It worked out ultimately though. I think we all get where we want to be in our own time and in our own way. You're doing great and I'm sure you'll learn quickly. :yes:
 
@Spider There is a special tool called a Goniometer that is used to measure ROM. Think of a hinged protractor.
Here is what one looks like:
 
@Wednesday, that buckling is scary, isn't it? My right one did that both times I got up to use the bedside commode last night. I had 3-4 nurses with me but it was still a bit nerve wracking! They mentioned an immobilizer yesterday so I guess I might get one of those today. I'm just praying that I get the nice PT guy instead of the mean one today!
 
I was given Demerol for severe pain and flexeril for muscle spasms. They seem to be working well. Only problem I am having is my knees bending too far, too fast. I feel more steady when walking and can get in and out of the chair and bed by myself. Just plain worn out.
 
Sending prayers for you tonight. Take time to rest and don't push the process too hard or too fast.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ok after 2 days of sleeping well I am back to insomnia. Next Demerol is in 3 hours....lol

The blanket on the bed feels like it weighs 500 pounds tonight. Threw them all off and have an afghan now. Hope this helps.

My wins so far this weekend is I took 2 showers without feeling like I was passing out. I also had hubby lower the toilet chair 3 rungs. I am able to let my knees bend enough to get out of the recliner and bed without intolerable pain today. Progress is progress no matter how small. Knees feel like they are on fire today. Lol
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you're making progress! Its amazing how something that was comfortable yesterday suddenly isn't today isn't it?? Sleep is eluding me at the moment.
 
Just need to vent.........my parents have been trying to come down for weeks and I have put them off because it isn't the best situation for me. Tonight will be the first time I will be by myself as my son is leaving for camp Andy husband goes to work. Parents were supposed to come yesterday and didn't call or show up. Today my sister talked to them and they had things to finish up at home and they haven't left yet. There is no way possible they can be here before my boys leave. Now I just want to tell them don't bother.

Mil says she can come stay with me tonight. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks post surgery. How soon did you stay alone after surgery?
 
I am flying . but had lovely shower today and dressed,spent the next two hours asleep what, I had already had a good nights sleep. Our body tells us what it wants. Folk stop worry:Ding about ROM,as long as you do the exercises it will come.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
I think you can be alone when you can navigate by yourself. That means you can make a meal, get to the bathroom, navigate the stairs, etc. For me it also meant that I could get the dogs outside to do their business. Two weeks is a bit early for most, but you seem to be doing well. Hope you get some help soon.
 
Getting food and drinks is the only thing that worries me. And I hate that she is trying to play mind games to control me.
 
Food and drinks are important. I'd put that right behind the bathroom. :flabber:

Seriously, you don't need mind games at this point; you need help. Hope you get it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom