TKR greeneyedtattedgirl's recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
@greeneyedtattedgirl Hi! I don't know how I stumbled over here. I hit something and ended up on knee side. :)
Anyway, I read your posts and want you to know that I'm praying for you. I will pray that you are feeling better soon and that the biopsy turns out to be nothing of concern. Blesings to you.
 
Hello everyone
I have contracted Hubby's sore throat and stuffy nose. I have been running a low fever now and then. Very dizzy and tired. Sleeping a lot. Have second physio booked for tomorrow First one was more of a get to know you and I was half dead when I arrived so she gave me a treatment and sent me on my way. I have tried to cut back a little on pain meds as I just cry all the time. I am just so frustrated and afraid I am not doing enough exercise ROM still poor I'm still very sore. I am nervous that along with not keeping up with my exercises and my blood thinner stopped due to pending biopsy on June 3 I only had it for 14 days. I will develop a DVT or pt. I can litterley sleep all day every day no way this can be good? I'm finding it hard to figure out a good balance.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk
 
DO NOT WORRY.

Everything you cite is perfectly normal.

- Being wiped out is par for the course, it's your body taking over to HEAL that thing
- Don't worry about not doing enough exercise, very little is needed, just mobility stretches but NO training yet.
- Sleep all day, good.
- Take your pain meds by the clock, they help keep you sane

Most important

DO NOT WORRY have I said that already? This is hard, mentally as well as physically. Relax, watch telly, drift along. That worry thing. Less, please.
 
I just cry all the time. I am just so frustrated and afraid I am not doing enough exercise ROM still poor I'm still very sore. I am nervous that along with not keeping up with my exercises and my blood thinner stopped due to pending biopsy on June 3 I only had it for 14 days. I will develop a DVT or pt. I can litterley sleep all day every day no way this can be good? I'm finding it hard to figure out a good balance.
@greeneyedtattedgirl From the posts I think the crying goes with the territory with everything going on. I am only a couple weeks ahead of you in terms of tkr and I can tell you it is fine, and soreness is to be expected. Just take your pain meds as prescribed and try to rest and elevate the knee. Sleeping is normal you just had major surgery so what I learned from here it is OK to sleep. Just keep moving your legs and feet around and do your heel pumps etc. I started taking Vitamin C to eating a great deal of protein in the form of shakes etc to make sure I was getting my healing stuff because I did not feel like eating.
As for the pending biopsy, I am an administrator in radiology and very much involved with our breast program. I am praying that your biopsy turns up negative. Do you have fibrocystic breasts many times that is the culprit. take care and keep us all posted
 
@greeneyedtattedgirl

I'm sorry you've caught a sore throat. :console2: That's tough on top of all that is happening.

Resting is the best thing, both for your throat and for your knee. Don't worry about not doing enough exercise - just ankle pumps and gentle knee bends are enough for now, as well as getting up for bathroom breaks.

As for crying, most of us get that. We've been there and we understand. It will get better as your body heals. Maybe you should still continue the same dose of medications for a while, as it's not just those that make our emotions fragile. It's a combination of drugs, sleeplessness and the shock your body has had from the surgery. All your energy is concentrated on healing, so there is very little left for your emotions.
 
Yes rest is what you need right now! It took me five months to get my energy back. The surgery just takes a lot out of you physically and emotionally. As long as you move around a little you will be fine. I ended up with low blood platelets, anemia and my thyroid levels too low after surgery. For me the fatigue was worse than my tkr surgery. So take it easy - your body needs the rest. It is ok to cry too. Talk to your GP about an antidepressant if you need it. That is a very normal part of this surgery and there is even an article in the library about it. Most of all be kind to yourself. You are not alone in feeling the way you do. Xoxo JoAnne
 
Hi @greeneyedtattedgirl, what you are going through with your knee is normal. Be kind and be patient with yourself. Your body knows what it needs. I hope everything works on your favour with your biopsy. And take care of that cold! Wishing you all the best!
 
Praying for good news for you! I also have not had adequate pain relief, so I am going to my Internist Wednesday to have staples removed (ouch!) and hope he will give me something that works bad does not jeep me up at night! I went up the stairs with a crutch five days after surgery to take a shower! I did not feel to much pain until about a hour and a half later! Blood pressure went up any high, felt dizzy, had a fever of 100' and my rapt high swelled to double of what my other thigh was, called OS, no more showers going up stairs, trauma on top of trader! I have now gained back some of mt strength and today, day #11, I butt scooted up stairs with my husband elevating my foot. Took a while, but had a shower and no pain! You just can't put all that pressure on your knee this early,

Know that you are in my prayers, and text me anytime you need to vent! I had my first meltdown, crying, the whole bit..yesterday, We have all gone trough this, but we are doing it together with lots of wonderful, caring people.

Rest, sweet dreams!
 
Oh pet have followed your thread and this is one of a few set -backs you will encounter, none as bad as the previous, and each time you will be stronger. Rest is so very important and now you have a cold in the mix you need lots of fluids. Chin up hon, things do get better. hugs and more hugs from Ireland:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
Hello everyone, have missed you all very much. I have truly been to hell not sure I am back yet. I ended up with severe streptococcus in my throat, have barely eaten enough to keep a bird alive some days nothing at all!!! So I no sooner start feeling my throat getting better approx a week later.... And Whammmm SEVERE SEVERE SEVERE PANIC AND ANXIETY ATTACKS!!! besides being terrifying!!! There exhausting. I have severe fear, anxiety, crying for hours as long as 12 hrs. I am afraid to be alone (but have no choice at this time, family all back to work). I feel trapped in my home, very claustrophobic. I have very very min ROM in knee. I am finally able to get in and out of my home with combo of walker and cane but I am so afraid of falling. Getting into and out of our car is very difficult for me as passenger due to LACK OF ROM bending knee difficult and painful. I am going for my first official physio today via Access a bus a local bus service for physical impaired persons. After many trips to EMERGENCY dept and calls to my GP they have given me a med for the panic attacks yesterday was first day I did not cry all day, had few shaky moments but all n all OK.My walking I'd pretty good in my opinion which is a bonus, still using walker. I had my biopsy was a very traumatic procedure as I was having bad PA at time. Dr. And Nurse were lovely and very kind and reassuring and did everything to accommodate me. I am sorry for the long post, I know its prob not in order but having hard time thinking due to new med. Dr. Says it will pass. I will try to catch up with missed posts over next cpl days.
Thank you all for your support xo

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk
 
I totally understand. I have suffered for years with panic attacks. Not being very mobile caused me some stress and panic at first but I had medication. I also cried my first shower. No reason just scared and panicked. Please take care. I promise it gets better a little every day. One day you will not even believe you are going the this. Xoxo
 
Sorry to hear that you are going through all of this @greeneyedtattedgirl. I hope you get through it. We are all here for you. Good luck with the PT and take care of yourself.
 
So happy to hear from you. You've been through a lot so no apologies. We're all pulling for you. Rest and take good care of yourself.
 
So sorry for you hon. Do NOT worry about ROM it will come. Your body is trying to cope with all that is going on so that is the least of your probs. Think positive, the glass is half full and you are feeling better than last week. Lots of luv and hugs from Ireland xoxox
 
I had anxiety attacks in hospital, thought I was having a heart attack. It did carry on for a few weeks but now they seem to have passed. I used to worry about everything & cry all the time ( the look on my husbands face was a treat, shes off again!!) You've got a lot on your mind bless you. Patience is hard for a lot of us but I now think that at 12 weeks things are improving if slowly!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
18th march 2014
 
Just returned from physio. Therapist did not seem impressed by my minimal improvement since surgery. She kept saying you cant do that either. ... she seemed at a loss what to do with me. So for a one hour visit that took intense effort to get there I did 3blocks sets of 10 leg pulls toward myself as I sat on exam table getting up to 73• bend and also put roll under ankle for 3 sets of 10 pushing my knee down to stretch back of knee. Ending with a treatment of a tingling machine. And was sent home.... this week I will work hard on the exercises outlined now ghat I have the strength to do so.
Thank you @Stephen1830 @caro @cocodelight @@Wednesday @71Beetle @Jozilla and to everyone for there support.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom