Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
@msmechanic58 I had a bilateral too. Between the knees worked fine, but I found that often my legs would end up one behind the other. I was sleeping (if you would call it that in those early days) on my side from the first day home. For the past one to two weeks I haven't needed the pillow and am sleeping on my side normally.
 
[Bonesmart.org] May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me


On my way to see OS!
 
I bet you are. Good luck! You aren't getting stitches out today are you?
 
You'll feel so much better without the braces and the staples. Very soon. :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me
staples out - that stung a bit! Braces off. Headed home with a new shower chair and. Prescription for Demerol. Blood was a little thin so halfing my warfarin. Good visit! I was the first tag team surgery in Our town. :)
 
Oh, you look so much more comfortable without those braces! :yes!:

Best wishes for the rest of your recovery.
 
We don't have that really have that fancy hear in Ireland. But we manage. I am back to normal and feel I could swing from the rafters but the Physio begged me not to. Left knee 102 right knee 105 exactly 3wks today. Cannot believe how lucky I am!:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
I was able to get my knee to 86 yesterday on my own. 104 in the CPM machine.
 
There is no far behind, it is not a race, all our bodies are different. I am only 63 kgs and I really did put work in for 2months prior to the op . At 66yrs I knew I had to work for the best outcome. Also I had no other medical problems, very healthy luckily. Your ROM will come. Don't rush it, knees and body dictate,just listen. Good Luck will keep an eye. Hugs your way. :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
I think the braces hold you back a bit. You'll catch up in no time.
 
The braces have helped with the straightening by keeping me from tightening up. I can straighten to 4 and 5. :) he has a big fear of people falling the first 2 weeks and is very protective of his patients. :)
 
@Biscuit @msmechanic58 You are both too early in the process to worry about your ROM numbers. You are still in the rest, elevate, ice and take your meds on schedule stage! ROM will come over time and that is something you will have a lot of before you recover fully as it is a looooong road.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom