Bilateral TKR Spider on the recovery side

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh dear, without pain meds would have been terrible!! Having a few problems with muscle spasms today - one of those days where everything feels hard. PT didn't do many exercises with me, and I've been given some valium to help reduce them. Very glad that I'm in a place that tells me to rest and ice when anything is hurting. Hoping for a good sleep tonight and tomorrow will be a new day :). Big upside is pain seems to be quite under control (other than the spasms).


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
Sounds like you are in a good place! MY caregivers are a a hard of hearing husband who fell 12 feet off a ladder 2.5 weeks ago and a mouthy 14 year old. They wonder why I'm ill. Ummmm.


Bilateral tkr May 19, 2014
 
I got a unit of blood too. Felt a bit more energetic after that. You sound like you are recovering much better.

Rest ice and elevate all will make your healing go well. I will keep checking on you.
 
Well done spider, you have the right attitude.
Good luck with your recovery, take it slow!:D
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
There are a lot of tough days in the first several weeks. I can't count the number of times I told my my husband, "I don't know why the h**l I did this". I don't say that any more.:) Neither will you. Hang in there.
 
Congratulations, spider. Sounds like things are going pretty well for you.
 
Had a better day today. Graduated from walking from to elbow crutches. Pain has been pretty good all day too. Fingers crossed for another good one tomorrow!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Hmmm that meant to say from walking frame to elbow crutches. Either autocorrect or painkillers to blame I think :)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Well done spider you are getting there, those crutches are your lifeline, do not forget to use them every time.:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
Well done @Spider well done for today, you did ever so well. I wish you a speedy recovery. My recommendation to you is to please read the advice you were sent. They are very short, easy to read and enormously useful to use when you are uncertain about anything. Also any medical concerns you may have you can tag Josephine into your thread. She has a wealth of knowledge and experience within this field and will give you straight no nonsense answers. She is amazing. In my early days of recovery she was fantastic esp when I got post op blues!!! I cannot thank her enough seriously!

Take it easy when you get in. Thinking of you love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
You are doing terrific! Way to go Spider. Remember at home to rest, elevate and ice! Icing was the most important thing to me!! I look forward to reading about your recovery!
 
Congratulations on your release from the hospital! Take care of yourself when you get home!
 
Thanks all. I have been reading and reading to prepare myself. One great thing has been that the hospital and physio i have been working with mirror the BoneSmart mantra's and so are very supportive of me following what it being suggested here. I'm a bit nervous - but I've reminded my husband about needing help and not to leave me on my own for long!! It will be hard looking at the animals through the window and not being able to say hello - but at least I can watch them all out of the window instead of the carpark!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Oh spider you have been waiting for this moment. Make sure you have all your bits around you when you rest. Don't sit or lie for too long else the getting to your feet will very hard. Little of all and often.We have all spoilt our husbands but I am sure yours will come up trumps and be very attentive. Good luck:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
And before too long you'll be telling your husband that you don't need him hovering over you any more. :tada:
 
Home. Phew. Unfortunately my home coming was tainted with a nasty migraine :(. It started the night before I was discharged, and no one could do anything, or give me anything to make it go away. I had a terrible night with head pain and nausea which has extended to most of the day. Starting to clear now, thank goodness. I havent done any exercises today so far, so may be a little stiff tomorrow - but it took all I had just to get home. Onwards and upwards :) Looking forward to tomorrow being a better day.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Oh poor you spider, just when you were getting pleased to go home . Exercise only when you feel well enough. Lets hope things feel better today. Don't forget long and slow is the way to a good recovery xoxox
 
Migraine cleared now thank goodness - that was awful. Settling into a home routine is proving to be trickier than I imagined. Didn't ice enough yesterday, and can't sleep tonight because I have too much achy pain in my left leg. Right leg is definitely the star pupil so far. Tomorrow i'm going to focus on sticking as close as I can to a routine of exercise and icing.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom