Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can handle the bathroom. Getting up and down from chair and bed. Just worried that I can't carry my food. Could eat standing up I suppose. Lol
 
I am alone at home during the day on weekdays while my wife goes to work. I've been doing ok. Eating leftovers out of the fridge. We have a 3 month old puppy and she has been taking it to work with her since that would probably be too much for me to handle by myself. Would it be out of line to tell your parents that unless they're coming to help you out, you don't really need the extra burden of having to entertain guests?
 
Would it be out of line to tell your parents that unless they're coming to help you out, you don't really need the extra burden of having to entertain guests?
@Biscuit by all means do it. It is not good to have people around that may make you more aggravated. the whole experience is aggravating enough
 
I'm so sorry your family is adding to your stress right now - that sucks.

My mother-in-law keeps offering to come and visit but I keep telling her no. She has MRSA - I don't want her anywhere near me! Besides which she is extremely frail and prone to falls; she would be a hindrance more than a help. Luckily she no longer drives so she can't just show up at my door unexpectedly!
 
I want to change the security code on the gate and lock all the doors and windows. lol
 
And on another note....no sleeping yet tonight. My mouth is so dry as well. Twiddling and looking at the ceiling. lol
 
And now my right knee has decided to do quad sets without my approval. Oh joy! Already took everything I can until 2 am.
 
Is there a link to blood clot info? I'm having some burning in my shin and incision area.
 
Outlook up on-line but to help yourself right now do lots of circles with your ankles. Blood blot in the leg is not very dangerous in itself only if it breaks off and travels to the lungs. Then you will get shortness of breath. If so A and E immediately. If you are at all worried always call your Dr. he /she will not be annoyed. They just have a little machine that is called a doppler and they scan your leg listening for a pulse! Prevention is better than cure.Take care xoxox:D:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
Was not worried at all until my sister told me the mother of a friend just died from one after 1 tkr. Gee thanks, sis!
 
I had lots of burning earlier in my recovery. Kept me up at night and had me removing bed covers, putting them back, and removing them again repeatedly. The burning seems to be a message that healing is taking place. That's a good thing. Too bad it's so uncomfortable. :sad:​
 
Ice on one knee and heat on the other. Joyful night! Pt added some stretching and the definitely stretched. Now my quads and calf on my left leg are rebelling. Flexeril not enough. Any other thoughts?
 
Take it easy on the stretching exercises, and consider changing or adding medications. The first few weeks are very difficult especially at night. The best I can offer is that these nighttime problems do go away. Takes some time, though.
 
Thank you. It took about an hour with warm heat to settle it down. All was good until 5 minutes ago. My father thought he'd be funny and touch my toe after I told him not to. Now they have started again.
 
I am so sorry that your entire family seems to be trying to sabotage your recovery. That is terrible! I hope you have someone else in your life that's on your side. Of course you know everyone here on the forum is supporting you! Personally I'd like to slap your mother, your father and your sister for adding to your stress during your recovery.
 
I'll give you directions to my house!!! My husband and son have been very helpful as well as the neighbors and friends who have brought food.

This afternoon she tried to convince me that I needed to go sit in a low lawn chair while she burnt logs. She was afraid id be lonely. I offered to let her watch the video of surgery. Ha!

Muscle spasms are less but still occurring. Flexeril and Demerol at midnight.
 
Slept fairly well last night with only one round of muscle spasms. Called in to OS to refill Demerol. Hoping for a better day. Company still here though.
 
Dr took me off warfarin yesterday. Now on 325 mg of aspirin. I assume that the risk for blood clots should be diminishing. Still not to shave unless with an electric razor. I am so ready to be rid of these TED hose. I think they are contributing to the muscle spasms.

Pt added three new exercises. Squats - so strange to not have arthritis pain during these. Stepped up in a book to mimic climbing a stair one foot at a time. And quad sets while standing with a resistance band. Felt good to do them. Now, not so much...... Not pain but just aching in newly awakened muscles.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom