Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understand Sally....you, your hubby & family have experienced things that no one wants to experience...you went into this THR business with high hopes for a great outcome, your hopes have been dashed. No wonder you are in turmoil. But, like everyone here, I hope next week is the start of you getting your life back together.....thinking of you and your lovely family.....Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
O God, the strength of the weak and the comfort of sufferers:
Mercifully accept our prayers, and grant to your servant Sally.
the help of your power, that her sickness may be turned into
health, and our sorrow into joy; through Jesus Christ our
Lord. Amen.
 
Hi @Vetgirl. I wanted to drop you a note to let you know you are not alone in what your feeling. i have been through similar stresses on my family & it is not easy. my husband was in a very bad accident at work on Christmas Eve exactly 2 months after we were married. he was in really rough shape shattered most of th\e bones in his hand,broken ribs and a fracture in his hip. it was a long recovery for him and he ended up with a permanent disability in his hand. his accident accident completely changed our path but now ten years later we can say it brought opportunities and positive changes that we wouldn't have had otherwise. a year and a half after his accident our daughter was born with a major hear defect and had a 7.5 hour open heart surgery and really struggled to survive after the surgery but eventually came home a month later. that again was a life changer and on top of getting use to being new parents we were struggling with a newborn recovering from a major surgery and our emotions surrounding it. fast forward 4 years from my daughters birth i broke my ankle pretty badly, was in a cast non weight bearing for 2.5 months, then weight bearing with crutches for 4 months, then a cane for another 4 months. now five years later, here i am having a hip replacement. I've been on the caregiver end and yes its hard, you love the person your caring for so much but there are times you just need a break and tension runs high at times so patience is tested. I've also been on the receiving end and have had many of the same emotions you are going through right now. it is really tough on a marriage especially when there are young children involved. In fact one of my major stresses about doing this surgery was being put in that place yet again and are we as a family going to get through it with relationships still in good shape. We've been through so much already I'm sure all will be ok but that fear is still there. So please know you are not alone in your feelings and its ok to feel the way you do. if I could suggest anything to help it would be to make sure he gets out on his own or with buddies to get a break and get refreshed and you also get some time out (as much as you physically can) with a dear friend. then plan a night for just the two of you if you can. those little breaks can really refresh and are good for the soul. i will be thinking of you and sending you some prayers (((Hugs)))


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Oh Sally... You have been there for so many of us... Please don't waste one moment, one iota of guilt on not posting on enough threads or anything else except YOU. I'm sure I speak for many of us here who only want you to get well, to have a successful surgery & recovery, & to reclaim your life.
:goodpost::iagree: Sally: Truer words could not be said --- If anything, know that you, just for being you, deserve not only the best in life, but for all of us cheering you and yours on thru this!
 
Guilt for not posting on threads??? Pshaw! Who has the time to do that? Who would seriously expect anyone to even try? My gosh I would be buried 6 feet under if I let that bother me. :snork: Sally...stop that thinking immediately, and realize that you need to put YOURSELF first where your sanity and health are concerned. I think everyone here would be very happy just to hear that you have made progress . So stop worrying okay? And get better! :yes:
 
sally @Vetgirl. thinking of you and hoping for the best possible outcome. you guys have made it this far. time to move towards real recovery. the lemonade is on the way!
 
Hey Sally. I hope you realize that every bit of what you've said makes perfect sense, and is actually very normal - although I'm sure you think (and probably feel like) it's crazy! I couldn't help thinking of the emotions I felt - and that so many others have expressed - in that last post-op week when you're scared to hope for the best and also scared to prepare for the "what if". That is a normal thing, but after all you've been through - the impact this has had on your life thus far - it's not at all surprising that you and your family are scared out of your minds! But you need to remember - as much as this has impacted you (and them) in a negative way, you are still here - you are still together :) Reading the things you wrote about how your husband is stepping up ❤️ he's a man in love, with you - with his kids. This is what he can do, a way he can have some semblance of control when things feel out of control. Don't feel guilty - he's not blaming you. This is "in sickness and in health" - you'd do the same for him in a heartbeat.

It's been a long journey, and it's not over yet. But your family is walking right along beside you. You're going to get through this and your family will be closer and stronger for having walked the path together. Be kind to yourself - accept their kindnesses. In a few days time all that bad stuff will be behind you and you will be moving forward towards strength and health and happiness. And we're right with you, too. In our hearts, in our prayers. (((Hugs)))
 
Hi Sally, just thinking of you ahead of your June 4th date.
I am praying for the Lord to guide your surgeon's hand to a safe and bug-free new hip.
You are in all our thoughts.
:prayer:
 
Hi Sally, just stopping by to say hello and let you know that you are in my prayers. Hoping and praying that next week will be the beginning of your journey to wellness:)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Hey Sally....just checking in to say howdy and I will be thinking of you and best wishes on June 4th......big hugs!!!
 
Sally, @Vetgirl - you are going to have a very crowded OR with all the Bonesmart angels there with you - let your new infection, pain free life begin next week xoxoxoxoxo
 
Wow...you guys totally overwhelm me. I can't believe the support you are giving me!!!

It's been a super busy few days here with activities and my daughters birthday and my other daughter makes her confirmation. Be careful what you wish for....a few weeks ago I was bored stiff and now I'd just like a day off!!!! I'm exhausted.

The good news is I DO feel a bit if my old spark come back and I think that's because my infection according to my bloods is under control!!! I have more energy but I seriously will be quite happy to say goodbye to this spacer. It really is a pain in the hip!!!!:rotfl: But seriously, it does hurt. My socket feels like a raw pulpy mess and my thigh aches ...so in a way I'm seriously back to stage 1 and by Wednesday night at least that pain will be gone!!!!

I'm off to bed now but will chat soon. Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes..... You bring me to tears

Xxxx
 
Sally I am so excited for your upcoming day! Great news about feeling better. I am counting the days!
 
Sally, Just wanted to let you know I am an avid reader of your thread. Thank you for sharing.
Best wishes and I am praying for the best possible result. Peace.
 
A great change in your message, glass is now half full. Delighted for you and will be thinking of you on Weds. Best of Irish Luck to you. hugs and more hugs xoxox:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
Hi Sally - Vet girl - I so admire you...you're in a tough place at the moment but you are candid and honest about the bouncing back and forth of your emotions. Ultimately, in your inner core...I think you are an optimist and a fighter, and I feel strongly that you will come out of this journey happier and healthier than ever. I just know it. And I so appreciate you sharing what you have gone through. You actually have helped to make me less scared....

I will be thinking of you next week...cyber hugs, prayers and positive thoughts your way....
 
Thanks everyone....I've really only had 2 bad weeks in the middle of this when all added up. I really hope I have been glass half full for most of the time....otherwise I may have no friends LOL

Just got my nails done....that always makes me feel nice for hospital!!!! They let me have French polish or a nice natural shade....they need to know if im going blue lol. Have to get someone to take the black off my toes though !!!

3 more sleeps.....
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond
    image.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 179
Last edited by a moderator:
3 more sleeps indeed Sally xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom